GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah I noticed him going down the inside and swiping you on his way through.
    when 3 tried to pass you and you broke and then went under all of them, it was like a justice boner moment
    JonoStan96, SuiCid3 and stucar17 like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, commentary in the headset was pretty funny last night. Truth was that so many of them were trying to pit maneuver anyone in front of them.....pretty ordinary....was interesting to see how many looked as if they were on controller by the car movements, certainly in the rooms i was in.....
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Hahaha, the Japs would've been going crazy!!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    First time online last night.
    Brings back memories of why GT has been so popular.
    I started from the bottom rung last night, so was with the lower division guys.
    The faster guys were pretty sensible, but the slower guys were your typical bash and dash type racers.
    Looking forward to see what the game will bring to the table...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Not going to lie though it is satisfying getting revenge on idiots which you'd never do in a league race, you know you've done a good job when you get a broken english message with 20 exclaimation marks post race!

For the most part the racing has been very clean but there are a select few that just ruin it for everyone...
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Definitely. I believe this driver rating system is doing something to clean it up to an extent.
    It's not as unbearable as it normally is when in a public lobby (at least for me it wasn't)
    NAACS likes this.
  7. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I thought so too, but tonight was just a demolition derby for me. I only did 2 races, but did not enjoy them at all like previous nights. Spat the dummy and went and watched Better Call Saul.
    SuiCid3 and dj2ca like this.
  8. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Slippin Jimmy!
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I only did 1 race tonight , engine cut out bug was a shocker on dragon trail for some reason. After that was the burg again and wasn't keen so switched it off
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Not much to report on from yesterday, the road cars give me the poos as none of them are particularly engaging to drive unless you put a godly tune on it, and the brakes just suck. The Evora just snaps as soon as you show it a corner, the Lancer will either understeer or oversteer depending on if you gave it a good morning kiss, the Genesis is just horrible, and the Audi TTS would struggle to pull up faster than an Kenworth.

That said I'm loving the beta but they are really dropping the ball with the daily races, they for some reason took out the arcade mode which would have let me do a time trial on any track I felt like, instead I've got 21 GT3 cars sitting there collecting dust because how can I get a true feel for the car on an American Stock car track? It's beyond stupid.

I'm convinced that the engine cuts are related to the lobbies, and overall driver skill rating. I (along with Keeden) are in the very top tier of the lobbies and I have not had any engine cuts since Monday.

The tracks have not changed for tonight so I'm worried I'll not get a proper chance to test every car on a proper circuit.

Amyway enough rambling, here's a race from last night which emphasises the racing that only GT can provide. White knuckle excitement!

Jaycie, ssman244, leeboy910 and 3 others like this.
  11. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Yeah Jono, I'm liking the racing in the beta. I tried to get past a few guys to catch up to you and Beau at the Nurb, though I didn't get a good quail time as the gap between races is about 7 mins. Maybe if I was able to do a @KeedenMcdonald lap I could get a full lap in in that time;). But that is very unlikely lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    I had the same problem on my first night (Saturday?) Engine kept cutting out. It hasn't happened since though
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    How do you see your race replays? I can view a replay in time trial but if it's after a race the save replay option is not accessible.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah you can't save replays unfortunately, I'm just saving by clips with the share button.
    Jaycie likes this.
  15. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    im hanging out for a race as the times during the week are unachievable during the week for nz, midnight is too damn late
    Jaycie and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Are the 3 tracks going to change? I have a bevy of great Gt3 cars that are WASTED on an oval.
  17. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I'm think they'll change Friday or Saturday night
  18. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    garyw61 likes this.
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Right... I was just lucky that first night.
    :):):):)ing :):):):) stains on humanity :):):):)ers

I retract my statement about the driver ratings doing anything lol
    Beau_Albert, garyw61 and SPL Racing like this.
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    My last 2 races for the night at the oval were epic.
    2nd last race, started on pole, lead for the whole race, won by over 6 seconds so didn't have to put up with anyones BS, and FL to kick it off!
    Last race there were 4 of us at the front going hammer and tongs but in good ol ROOZ style, probably even more respectful that some of the drivers here :ninja:.
    Only 1 or 2 touches between all 4 drivers that I saw throughout the entire race and even then it was a feather of a touch. No barging, pushing or stupid :):):):).
    Just plain old good racing.
    NAACS, SPL Racing and JonoStan96 like this.