Gran Turismo Sport - PS4

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beakeroo, Oct 28, 2015.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
  2. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    No mention of single player, you guys reckon it's just an academy replacement? Doesn't seem to be 7.
  5. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Seems like a GT7 prologue which they'll use for this online FIA championship and most likely GT Academy
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Maybe a marketing tool for Morpheus?
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Looks like that's a theme for the PS Paris show. No way I'm buying into that. Don't have burned me one time too many on their junk peripherals. Actually the quality is usually good, it's the support they give them after release windows. It just gets discarded.
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Rather boringly, "Project Morpheus" is now out in the open, so Playstation revealed it's full name..... Playstation VR..... brilliant creativity..... :unsure:

Either way, really want to see how this stacks up..... even if it can compare or better PCars, we still have Assetto Corsa come end of year to consoles, pretty much spot on when GT7 is expected *in my eyes* to fully be released..... either way, we know the car list and track list will be there, just need to find out what physics are like and if they move away from the 'every car has the turn in and mid corner grip of an f1 car on racing slicks' that GT6 has..... Bring it :sneaky:
  9. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    So, I have been reading my articles and whatnot, and I'll put this here for the people that can't be bothered reading the articles. From my knowledge (May be false), Gran Turismo Sport:
    • It has heaps more features than a Prologue, but not the full features of a full GT game (GT7)
    • It will have single player game modes (Campaign, Sports mode and Arcade mode) and multiplayer lobbies (Not 100% on multi lobbies) ALONGSIDE the FIA championships, The name 'Gran Turismo Sport' is due to it's new focus on recognising virtual motorsports as a sport. (IGN)
    • "It's not all about the online racing though; the GT team has continued to build on the legacy of accesibility to ensure the game is open to all to enjoy" - Playstation Blog
    • (As many people know) The Beta of GT Sport will run early 2016, the full game (of GT Sport) is expected to be released late 2016-early 2017
    • There is no knowledge on GT7 yet, although according to IGN, GT7 has been in development for a long time. So "Expect soon after GT Sport for GT7 to come out, as GT Sport is much more than a prologue, unless if it comes out that GT Sport is a full GT game." (IGN)
    I do not know if ALL of this is true, so please take it lightly, but this is what I have interpreted from the articles. (Yes I'm aware most people probably discovered all these facts, but i'm putting it here just in case and for reference's sake)
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  10. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Did you expect more from the company that has brought you the Playstation 2, followed by the Playstation 3 and then wouldn't you know it, Playstation 4?? :roflmao:
  11. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Well they did have that one good product name, the umm, what was it, the one where you move??

Oh yeah that's it, Playstation move.... :laugh:
    Seriously Sony, come on!! :cry:
    Randm90 likes this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Could have been worse, PS1, PS2, PS480 and PS720(One)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    At least it's better than Nintendo Wii U... Ugh.
    Randm90 likes this.
  14. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    But it's the Wii made for U!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    More like the Nintendo Pee-Uuuu
  16. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    This FIA thing is actually pretty huge when you think about it. GT Academy is huge too, but the possibility of being awarded in front of the world's motorsport media for winning the thing is incredibly huge.
    Even if you got a test at an F1 factory in the simulator out of it...worth its weight in gold.
    Noremac, Randm90 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    time to get a wheel for my ps4.... damn things cost to much
    Randm90 and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Keep an eye on ozbargain, I've seen the G29 going for around $300 delivered several times recently. My mate got one for $325 with shifter. Loving my G29, don't believe the haters.
  19. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Still to damn expensive. Hahah
    beakeroo likes this.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Have a Logitech wheel? If so have you looked into modding it to work on PS4? I posted a thread about how to do it a couple of weeks ago. It makes G27, G25 and DFGT become recognized as G29 on PS4.