GT Academy 2016 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skywalker, Jul 5, 2016.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Later this afternoon, I'll be setting up a practice lobby on GT6 using the GT-R Black Edition on sport soft tires. Tracks I have in mind are variants of SSR5 and Tokyo R246. Everyone's welcome to join.
  2. cola1001

cola1001 Rookie

Can't wait to play new version of gt6 tomorrow at fed square good luck to all that are attending
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    good luck to all entering tomorrow! keep us posted on how things go
  4. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I'll post in the shoutbox when I'm there in case any of you guys want a mini-ROOZ meet-up. :)
    JonoStan96 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  5. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Sucks to live in Adelaide...
  7. cola1001

cola1001 Rookie

Gt sport looks great did first race with aids on and then one go at the 4 laps Feels great on a wheel would have meet you Bryan but didn't see post till now
  8. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Aaaaaaaaannndd it's Brands Hatch GP in the N24 GTR. Feel silly for practicing in the road car on street circuits now!
    Sam D Blacklock and REVO_Bryan like this.
  9. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Only managed 1'24 but never hooked up the 2nd corner in all 4 laps. Graphics great physics identical to gt5/gt6.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What happens when you turn around and go the opposite direction?
    REVO_Bryan and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  11. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    T
    The PS4 spontaneously morphs into a SNES.
  12. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
  13. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    That's not me. :( And where is the fifth qualifier?
    natmanscoop likes this.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  15. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    WHAT HAVE I DONE HELP.
  16. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Some pics I took of the event: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Coming into this without any live event experience, I didn't know what to expect. My predictions of a road car GT-R at Tokyo Expressway were completely off. It turned out to be the GT-R GT3 race car at Brands Hatch, one my weakest tracks. :(

The first "race" was not very enjoyable. 2 laps, I noticed a 20 car grid, all assists were on, it was unnerving to see the game do everything for you except steer and accelerate. The race was pretty much like the ones we get in GT6 seasonal events.

If you managed to do a lap time under 1:30, they put you in the other line, where the real qualifying begins. You got 4 hot laps in a session. This time all assists were off, except for ABS. They gave us unlimited attempts, but lining up took up a lot of time. My first few laps were cautious, just trying to get to grips with the new game and hardware. I had to adjust to the overly soft brake pedal. I also noticed much more rotation of the car under braking than the equivalent car in GT6. So after 4 laps, here were my times:
    [​IMG]
    I figured I had plenty of room for improvement, and they were announcing that the lap times kept on tumbling (1:22...then 1:21). So I had another go:
    [​IMG]
    I think I may have just missed out, but hey, there's still tonight's race.

Before I left, I had a quick chat with @natmanscoop as he was lining up. Top bloke. :thumbsup:

Good luck to all of you giving this a shot in NSW and QLD!
  17. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Ok serious response.
    I was trying to help a mate make it and we practiced the GT-R Nismo at Tokyo/SSR5.
    Turned out to be Brands Hatch GP, Schulze GT-R on race softs. Attendant confirmed that IT WILL BE THE SAME AT FUTURE EVENTS IN AUSTRALIA.
    They want to limit you to 3 runs during the day, they ask you to do a 2 lap race with AI and every driver aid, then see if you beat a pretty arbitrary time (It was 1:35 early on) to see if you'll be any good on the "pro" time trial sims.
    The Time Trial Simulators have only ABS and no other driver aids.
    ABS on 1 in GTS allows lockups and the car can break loose under brakes if you are turning in.
    You got 4 laps runs, and they told me they were limiting drivers to 3 attempts.
    I had best time after the first stint of a 1:23.8, so D_Holland's lap of a 1:24 first time around was quite good.
    In my 2nd stint I got to 1:22.6, which was fastest for 2nd runners for about 30 seconds before someone went to 1:22.2.
    In the third stint ran a 1:21.897, which was behind the leading 1:21.799.
    Some guys snuck some 4th runs in and improved to 1:21.6 and 1:21.4. Certain I could have gone with them with a 4th run.
    5th and 6th place were in the 1:22s.
    Ended the day 4th, and "qualified" for finals but I don't know if I can make it to finals.
    One of the guys seemed really concerned about the entry conditions of the finals, so 7th and 8th place may be promoted after the checks.
    Game felt pretty much like GT6, so testing on GT6 is a valid strategy for the event if anyone desperately wants to do well in NSW and QLD.
  18. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    awesome work @StigsTC! and thanks for the confirmation that the car track combo will be the same at other events
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  19. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

They said 6 Qualifiers from Melbourne over the Mic, the guy who ran 1:21.6 around 3:30pm must've bailed.
    That was a waste of an afternoon for me, over 2.5hrs standing around for 1 run. Had a chat with @Bryan_F and @TF22Raptor in line, good to put a face to the name! Raptor stood around over 3hrs and still only had 1 run!
    The "2nd goes" line just stops an hour before the end while they spin the stragglers through 1st goes. So I can't stress enough: if you want 2 or 3 goes you NEED to be there within the 1st hour. Only 6x rigs :-(

I spent my first 2.5 laps learning the brake pedal pressure you could hold without locking the rears, then did a 1m24 flat on 4th (and final) lap. I easily had a 1:22.something in me with another run, will just have to wonder about the last 3 digits. Tyres move around much more than GT6, felt more like a GT6 Sports tyre than GT6's Race Tyres.
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I missed more info
    Top 6 from Victoria event qualify.
    Top 6 from SMP V8 event qualify.
    Top 6 from Gold Coast event qualify.
    JonoStan96 likes this.