GT Academy 2016 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skywalker, Jul 5, 2016.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I was planning to go late morning, but have spent last 4 days in bed with the flu and now I can't stomach food.. Looks like my gt academy hopes may be over before it even started.
  2. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Hard luck Luke :( get well soon!
    I'm gonna pop over and have a look after work.
  3. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I'm going to be disappointed if the NSW guys don't utterly thrash the Vic best times by end of day 1.
    Luke mate, if you've done any practice you should be in great shape for the competition so hang tough, good luck to you and the rest of the Rooz lads having a crack this weekend :thumbsup:.
  4. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    3rd runs saw high 21s, and 4th runs mid 21s at the Vic event.
    If I'd been practising the car/track combo I'd say low 21s/high 20s. Not sure what to expect on day 3, but I don't know if anyone would spend 3 days camping out GT Academy at a V8SC event so I can't be sure.
    22s were 5th and 6th for Vic, but at least 21s for NSW with 3 days of running, prior combo knowledge and ability to practice available I would be disappointed if we didn't get to the 20s. As GT6 Div 1 shows every week I'm not exactly the best rooz has to offer and you guys have all the info ahead of time, so I'm expecting to hear about how you guys smashed it. (No pressure lol)
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I hope to somehow find time over the weekend, would be good to catch up as well :)
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    There's only 4 rigs here at SMP, looks like waiting times later in the day will be huge.
    Crunch and StigsTC like this.
  8. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Where is it located? Also which post are you marshalling at?
  9. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Best of luck to ROOZ out at SMP this weekend, I'd go, but with uni and work I'm tied down. Regardless of that I'm unfortunately still 18 and still a year and a bit out from getting my full license :(. Give it a year and a bit of practise and time with the new game and hopefully I'll be giving it a go in the future. #ForeverfasterRooz :D:thumbsup:
    Hatfield and Crunch like this.
  10. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Initial reports indicate that the combo for SMP is GT-R GT3 at Tokyo Expressway.
    Current quick times are 1:12s, but seems people are getting heaps of runs in because its early on Friday, so times will fall further, however expect queues to be worse on Sat/Sun (unless the race is on, but yeah, the race is on).
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm ZERO chance of having a go this weekend, pretty gutted. I'm out at Turn 4, already been spotted on TV lol.
  12. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Just got back. I think I'm in 2nd behind @R0T0R-AU86 I did a 1:10.35. Suprised there weren't that many guys lined up, only about 10, I ended up having 5 cracks at it.

@skywalker did you make the 1:16 ? Kinda bull:):):):) since it was 1:20 in the morning on the qualifying rigs.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  13. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    They did the same thing at Victoria event. 1:35 became 1:30 for cut-off due to the pace of the fast guys, but its very difficult to deal with the AI and driver assists to get a good 2nd lap first try to pass the cut-off.
    How much time did you think was left in it with more runs @warrior2167 ? Think low 10s will hold on for the rest of the event?
  14. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    9.9 definitely. Has to perfect and the car is weird to drive, lots of lift off oversteer. You only really need to brake once during the tokoyo track. That's the part the got me, couldn't nail it and stuffed that section twice when I could have got a 10.1

I think the cutoff will be a 10.7. Most of the best guys were here today, We were able to have so many goes and people on the weekend won't have that luxury.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    B-Spec Bob and StigsTC like this.
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Nah best was 17, and I decided to call it quits as I never intended to stay all day as Im still quite weak. This time yesterday my fever had only just broken and my body was still in a lot of pain, today was much better but far from perfect, so I didnt want to push it. Just slowly walked back towards the car, watched the gt cars grid up and do some laps, before I headed home.

So still no info on whether they'll change the combo or not for future days? I guess if they didn't announce 2 winners today, then it'll stay the same for the whole weekend.
  16. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Yeah the 1:16 qualy time was actually quite difficult with the AI in the way on the first lap, the driver aids don't help either. I ended up scraping in on a 1:16.6 to qualify for the actual GT Academy rigs. Only managed one run of a 1:14.4 before they closed up at 4PM. It seems there are about half a dozen guys hovering around the 1:10.5 mark so it's gonna be really tight. No one seemed to improve on their time in the afternoon, possibly due to a lot of glare coming off the white tent side on the right of the photo below. Even though the line never really got any longer as shown, there was some waiting time with only 2 qualy and 2 time trial rigs, especially when there were parents spending ages driving with children sitting on their lap. Luckily everyone who has already 'qualified' can just line up on the right tomorrow and get a new timing slip.
    [​IMG]
    Certainly some serious competitors here today with at least two previous national competitors who drove down from Brisbane and were still trying to put in times when I arrived. Met Joel, Keichi, Yao and some others (standing in the middle of the photo) who had all heard the raceonoz spiel already so good job @R0T0R-AU86 , @warrior2167 and @The_Spectre ;) Will be meeting up with them tomorrow to try again first thing in the morning when the GTA tent reopens at 9AM (located to the West of the pit straight grandstand. Tunnel access under the race track is to the East of the pit building).

BTW, there are two sims in the Porsche marquee running Fanatec ClubSport wheel bases, Formula wheels and Elite pedals on rFactor2 around Sydney Motorsport Park.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  17. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yeah I saw the Porsche setup.. it puts Nissans to shame, although Nissans has a lot more potential!

Well I might go back tomorrow morning and see how we go. But if its same combo, probably unlikely to get the times that were set today as queues are going to be on another level tomorrow. But it'll be good to put a face to the name @B-Spec Bob :)
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  18. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    You'll definitely be feeling better tomorrow, so stay warm and hydrated to get some more practice laps in and go for it on Sunday :thumbsup:
    skywalker likes this.
  19. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Ill be there in the morning bob to get stuck into dropping to sub 10.5. Only one or two of the guys from today were planning to come back i think for another day.
  20. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Despite being ineligible, i know i set a 12.6 upwards during my session. Will have another go tomorrow, hopefully this time theyll let me turn off traction lol