GT Sport EF7 Test Race 21/4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Mar 22, 2019.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I didn't notice any lag from my perspective
  2. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    No problem, you were certainly keeping the pressure on!
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Reposted it on the community. It's not my work, BTW.
    emmo46 likes this.
  4. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Coming to terms with the car and track, i started right down the back with @Kephin_07 . I had an absolute blinder of a start and went to go around the outside of @emmo46 into the first corner. In the retrospect, this was a dumb dumb move and i payed for it with no where to go, touched the grass went wide and i was back at end of field with some catching up to do. Fortunately the group ahead fought pretty hard and it allowed me to catch up and enjoy the show and work on my own lines and braking points for a good portion of the race.
    Lap 5 i think, poor kev chucked a wheel on the grass going into first corner, spinning him out. Up one place for me behind tffeccles.
    Feccles then on lap 6 made a mistake going into the double right hander. I jumped at the chance and sneaked up the inside.

Lap 7 and @UrsineSaturn9 went slow into the double right hander, i again accepted the invitation and snuck up inside for a clean pass.

Then it was a decent gap to @emmo46 and i just had to keep it clean and see if i could keep up with his pace.
    By lap 10 i had closed the gap down enough to make him sweat a bit and i was wondering how I'd get around emmo, if at all. Coming out of the final chicane he lost his back end. Gifting me another place. I truely felt #blessed. Looked like you had a horrible time trying to get back on to the track too mate. Unfortunate.

Then it was @Ozglenn who was again 4 or 5 seconds up the road.
    Lap 14 i did an absolute fluke time and i have no idea where it came from. I would never get remotely close to it for the rest of the race.
    By halfway point my fuel was looking like it might make the whole race distance. Short shifting might just pay off.
    Lap 16 and i had reeled in ozglen and on lap 17 i managed to get an amazing run onto the first straight, going around the outside. I out broke myself a bit into the corner and went out wide past the rumble strip. Looking back, i should have maybe given the spot back. But karma got me back on the next lap anyway as i misjudged my brake point for the double right hander and went straight ahead lol. Ozglen getting his spot back.

At end of lap 20, ozglen came in for fuel. He kept his distance after he got back past me really well. Now im in 4th? Geez, my race strategy is based on sweet FA. Hope this works. But bigkev and @LITTLEBLACKO942 were on the hunt. With clean air, kev had really started to put hammer the down. i felt i was going to get caught before i could finish the race. By lap 25/26 kev had reeled me in and i could feel the pressure mounting as i was in reach of kev and any little mistake from me now would surely see me lose a place or 2. I also was starting to fear for my fuel. I would have to change engine modes here and there to make sure i had enough to finish the rave. Crap.

But it was kev i think who made a slight error into the first corner on lap 27. Letting blacko get closer to himself. This extra little presure from blacko gave me enough breathing room to fuel conserve a little and think about my own lines instead of looking behind myself.
    I managed to keep myself composed for the remainder of the race and crossed the line in a surprising 4th. I think 6th or 7th was more likely my "real pace" if i hadn't fluked a good race strategy and if bigkev didn't spin out at the start. Thanks all for the racing. :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed the car. IlI' be voting for it as i think it will produce the better racing. Top end on straights is it's major weakness though. So certain tracks maybe a no go unless gear ratios could be changed per organizers request.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  5. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Some happy snaps from the race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus, Hatfield and Noxrai like this.
  6. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Theres me going off lol
    Nice pics saturn
    Matthyus likes this.