GT Sport - Future Seasons ideas thread

Discussion in 'Sunday Night Gran Turismo' started by Hatfield, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield Teams Championship Chairman Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    deedz_aus likes this.
  2. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver

PSN ID
    Mezign
    All part and parcel of sim-racing. Kangaroos jump across the track at Bathurst. Organisers and marshalls try to prevent it, but it happens, and sometimes cars hit them. Everyone is aware of the challenges presented before them when entering a series. If people really feel strongly against it they just won't race. I doubt you'd see more than one or two refuse in protest.
    Tristan Jones and Hatfield like this.
  3. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that's a good point...
    Tristan Jones and AroGantz like this.
  4. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I have had minor bumper damage. . . more from my own mistakes than others...and rarely had big crashes that effect the motor, and reduce speed. I realise some tracks are different than others...like the bus stop at Dragon Trail...but are there many instances where people have had issues with this due to lag?

I have made a couple of passes of lagging cars, and haven't come unstuck...feels hairy, but allowing extra room did the trick in thoses cases - apart from a couple of player specific instances, has anyone seen much lag? Am I just lucky and not seen much? I know once HON lost players and unlocked regions to reduce wait times, lag was horrible when Aussies connected with CIS (Russia) - but luckily GT Sport seems to have enough players that this isn't an issue. Is Aussie membership growing i wonder, or will we one day have a bigger issue in lag? Servers seem great compared to HON?
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    another point on the full damage aspect...
    the assetto corsa championship has been affected by damage in the final round on one of the contenders so it may not be the best idea after all
  6. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I just though it would be worth throwing it out there but we'll get a good idea of the effect in the Endurance Championship, no ghosting interests me more and lag won't affect that since a lagging car rarely ghosts anyway.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  7. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie Gold Member

That was a genuine incident and not caused by lag by looks of it. Thats racing imo.......and yes it sucks if you are on the receiving end :/
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    N64TheStig007 (J.Stankowski)
    Sooooo... Can we lock in the Red Bull Jr for S5, F-1500GA for S6 and Toyota Supra Racing Concept for S7?
    Seengs we weren’t even allowed to vote on a car for S4 which was based on leftover scraps for votes.
    Mustafur likes this.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur Professional

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah that was poor form, over 30 votes basically don't count and a limited selection of only 2 road cars in that poll, if we have to have a road car next season it has to have a fresh poll.

It's made worse by the fact that there was no information saying this was going to happen.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Ill take that supra thanx
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    +1
  12. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie Gold Member