GT - Future Seasons ideas thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we start the race at 8:30 nsw time
    for new zealand, that is 10:30
    standard 45min race running on time finishes at 11:15 nz time
    enduro 1hr 30min race running on time finishes at midnight nz time
    any delays to start push that back.
  2. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    How old are you Hat, when was the last time you went to bed at 12:30 or later? Not the end of the world is it, especially once a season? As a 36yo dad of two, I am up a couple of times most nights to settle bub/ scare away monsters - so I value my sleep as much as any, but I like the game/ this crew enough to just have an early night once in a while to get some time behind the wheel...wifey willing.

How old are our current NZ crew?
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Only they can say but I guess not
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  4. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    As a kiwi longer races are welcomed
    Tristan Jones and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I find the current time frame for a race ok.
    I would be more concerned with ensuring the divisions are more evenly spread than they appear to be.
    I do understand it is difficult to do, but if you are 1s behind the leader / pack, then compound that by laps and you get racers who are getting lapped, yet they are racing at their 'current' peak. If this happens all the time those racers lose their confidence and don't want to race.

If longer races go ahead, would having more divisions of less racers mean we have a closer comp?
    Division 2 and 3 are almost identical in terms of pace (depending on the day / track and racer skill)
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    would anyone have any objections with raising the race time of a normal round to 1 hr?
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I'm not against the idea, but what is the goal here? Is it going to provide better racing? I personally don't like change for change's sake. And if it means earlier race starts, then I will object.
  8. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

I like watching F1 live as much as possible so as long as our races are not going too late I’m ok with it
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I think that it will just make the difference in divisions larger, putting more racers off side.
    Will making the race another 15 mins longer make the competition more competitive?

I'm not for it, unless we can also get the divisions closer.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    As long as we’re not using Bathurst every friggen season then make the races 2 hours I’m easy.
    seth123 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  11. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    I agree with this, no point dragging out a losing battle.
  12. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Should definitely be added to the end of the race time - 830 means I get a bit of practise time, and a buffer in case kids don't get to bed/ stay in bed straight away.

Good idea! I love watching F1...maybe not as some here, but when it is on and im awake ill watch it. Which sucks because my manager at work downloads it to watch later...and i have to not spoil it. I'm sure Hat could make sure the enduro isn't on a week where it clashes with a race at that time?

Full grids vs Not getting lapped. I think creating a 5th div would resolve that...though mean we get races with less than full grid. I have massive respect for the difficulties faced by Hat/ admins trying to create divs - even the most scientific distribution methods come unstuck when people don't perform similar to last season. This can happen due to some people under/ overperforming on certain track styles, or driving one car relatively slow and other the next seasons car relatively faster. Divs are always a moving beast, as people generally improve over time, but sometimes don't. The bottom of any competition generally suffer from this feeling of despair from losing...though @Matthyus and @deedz_aus aren't as close as me to bottom of div 4!!

Creating a 5th div would be great for the bottom two divisions of the comp, but would reduce field size in the top half, are they willing to make that sacrifice for us? I feel I would be around top of 5th div, or mid/ low 4th div - and would be happy to race in 4th if the stats suggest I should be there.
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i will skip the season races if they are any longer
  14. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Not sure what we ultimately are trying to achieve with making races longer?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Longer races possibly??
    Before @CAB77 suggested to me i should join ROOz (during one of the cleanest, most intense and fun races i'd had online til that point) i never knew how good it was to race with 'real racers' who race (mostly) clean & fair.
    I think we are forgetting that these types of races can be a bit of a highlight to some of us, as we drag ourselves through each day/week of our mundane existence. (or maybe that's just me?)
    So i can understand some wanting to extend the "racing rush" and i for one don't mind at all.
    But that's why this is called the future seasons ideas thread, so we can discuss the pro's & con's of an idea. Some here are veterans of online racing and therefore have experienced this type of thing before. If you or anyone else have reasons why this is not a good idea (some have already stated), we novices would love to hear them. Cheers
    CAB77 and Tristan Jones like this.
  16. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    The idea is that the longer races will help promote different strategies. I know with this current season and the regulations set up, we are having some drivers doing 0 stop races, 1 stop races and my favourite 2 stops.

Of course there aren't people that will be 100% keen on it or doing the same kind of preparation during the week as some others, but for me personally, putting in 4-5 hours of practice for a 45 minute race, it feels like I have been short changed.
    Tristan Jones and Buster_Danis like this.
  17. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

4-5 hours.. :eek::eek: No wonder you're so damn fast.

My 2c.. I don't mind if the races are increased time wise. However, if that was the case, I think it may have been suggested previously, but increasing the TW and FD will add extra spice and strat, which ultimately wont mean, the fastest always wins.
  18. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    That is the only reason!
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    How much practise does an F1 driver do for their race?
    I'm lucky to have the time to do a hr session once a week.
  20. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    2x 90 minute practice sessions
    1x 60 minute practice session
    + whatever they do in their team simulators