GT - Future Seasons ideas thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Nov 7, 2017.

1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    More full night races!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So I'm toying with an idea for next season:

So let's say we have numbers for about 4 rooms which would normally be our divisions.

The idea is that we instead have 2 divisions.
    1A, 1B, 2A, 2B

Qualifying would take place either by yourself, or in a room containing a verified rooz member. (tyre/fuel wear would be off)
    You would have until Saturday night to get your qualifying lap in.
    If you do it by yourself, a shareplay video would be required including the screen showing your car hp/kg numbers, the room settings, and your best lap.
    If you are in a room with a verified rooz member, they can vouch for the room/car settings and your lap.
    Verified rooz members would be mods & room captains/hosts.

If Division 1 had 20 drivers total, the rooms would be split 10/10 with the top 10 qualifiers being in room A and bottom 10 in room B.
    This also sets the grid.
    The points table would incorporate all 20 drivers with 1st in room B only worth 11th (in this example)
    (points system would need tweaking to encompass a total possible of 32 runners)

This would hopefully result in more competitive fields throughout the season and guys pushing their hardest to get into room A where the most points are on offer.

If someone is unable to qualify, they would fall to room B unless based on the last season and current season results, they should obviously be in room A (keeden for example) but would start rear of the grid. (however last ditch 1 lap qualifying may be possible since we save 10mins not having to qualify on the night)

Thoughts?
    Kieran_B33 and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Not a bad idea.
    Although it looks like it would put a lot of time sink into who is in charge of placing drivers. It does look like it would even the comp out as some drivers are better at some tracks compared to others.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I would be placing them. We would have our set divisions pre-season, just means each week I compile the times in order so that isn't too hard.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    try it for a season. then do a survey. it doesn't matter how much practice i do i'll never be in the top half, will this disincentivise me to practice? who knows.
  6. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Wouldn't it disadvantage the drivers in the lower div's now putting them up against higher div guys with really no chance of a podium ....where now we have four rooms so we can have 4 ...1st,4... 2nds,and 4...3rd positions etc ...???
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Personally i like our current setup. I feel that with the 1a/b and 2a/b rooms the spread will be further apart between drivers, and in turn will make the races more tedious, resulting in fewer numbers.

/2c
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how would the spread be further?
  9. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'm not even participating ... but

That idea is just how the Sport mode works... what's the point when Sport mode already offers that concept?

My suggestion would be to try your concept for a single round only, and that could easily be incorporated into every season going forward just like Endurance, Sprint, and Weather rounds offer variation during a season. Perhaps the final round to maintain interest as participation numbers inevitably fall off. Gives an incentive to practice. The highest practising participation throughout the week happens in preparation for the first round, and then it steeply declines, so whatever you do, don't do it as the first round because that's a missed opportunity.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Whoops misread and thought only 2 rooms my bad
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

A few guys have been throwing ideas around in party chats @Hatfield but it would be easiest to just discuss it in a party chat.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    during tittsup?
    Knuckles likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    at this stage, Season 5 was going to be:
    meet n greet 14-Oct
    round 1 21-Oct
    28-Oct
    4-Nov
    11-Nov
    18-Nov
    25-Nov
    round 7 2-Dec

@emmo46 , who is running the HTO series now, was asking if I could push it back 2 weeks to run some HTO events.

Then I remembered I am probably going overseas for 2 rounds, 25-nov & 2-dec which pains me 2 miss 2 rounds of the group C season...

Normally I wouldn't even consider splitting up a season purely for my own benefit, but I can't guarantee I can do league admin and briefings while away.
    What do you all think of having a mid-season break for 2 rounds of HTO series?
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I can live with that if everyone else is OK.
  15. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thought of having a back up? or someone who can fill in for 2 weeks?
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    oh, so now tittsup will be a business meeting
    xlxy90 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that is what would normally happen, and I have no issue with that being the case
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So I threw this idea into the mix during tittsup last night...

Veteran member seasons

Certain longtime members come up with their favorite season
    Everything from car and track choices, to tyre selection and wear rates

If people still want choice, maybe the season selections of 2 longtime members go up for vote

thoughts?
    Easyprey007 and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

So basically do something that has already been done before. S10 fezza, still best one ive done.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  20. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    mmmmm I’m listening.
    2 people tho. You know I don’t like people.
    But the rest sounds interesting. Do go on.