GT Sport Season 1 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, this must be his first race?
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    come across to the dark side ;)

In seriousness guys...i think its super tough season 1 to get everything right... @Hatfield and the guys will have a much easier time getting divs sorted for season 2.... Can i suggest though that the qual lap time can be a bit of a lottery....for our PC2 season i got the guys in based on prac races and it seemed to work pretty well....i was a little safe with their placement, but only had a couple out of place, and that was hampered by entries full in a couple of divs....

I also hope that non tune becomes an option, having run both platforms now, i honestly feel that tuning is a real put off for a lot of guys...Its just the way it is.....is it "me" or the "tune" that makes me 1 sec a lap slower. At least no tune (IMO) gives a clear answer and its easy in subsequent seasons to make adjustments based on pace...it is what it is though and i hope you can find a work around for it. Am sure there will be lots of patches in the next few months (they are much better than PC2 in this regard) so lets see what the next few months bring...
    ssman244, emmo46, Cyberstig1 and 2 others like this.
  3. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    As much as no tuning simplifies the job for Rooz division placement, I still stand by it being a critical driver skill that you simply can't go without. It allows you to modify the car to suit your natural technique which just makes everything so much more enjoyable to drive. I drove the 911 in sport mode and it was utterly frustrating, looping a car in Dunlop at Suzuka at 160km/h in 3rd gear seemed highly improbable considering GTE aero provides a lot of downforce.
    I know Rooz has long resisted tuning and as such, the league player base has never had to develop the skill. Because people haven't developed the skill, they then continue to resist on the grounds of fairness and 'driver skill'. This is a brand new game and we've all had the same time to try and work it out, so there is no real reason that it provides anyone an unfair advantage. I've heard the line that the guy who goes banging around all week to cook up the perfect tune gives them an unfair advantage, but the same holds true for the guy who goes banging around all week to find every last hundredth of his ability.
    This is an opportunity for guys to work on an aspect of driving and racing that has gone neglected, your driving skills won't be any less tested on track as you drive, but drivers will have the ability to go racing in broader forms like the GTPES with greater success. I hope to see another Rooz team go forward into broader forms of racing and show how good the drivers here are. I only found out about Rooz because of that team, and the way they conducted themselves running great races. I think we all want the community to grow, learn and develop but I just don't get the idea of locking away one of those avenues of growth and development, when it is a critical part of nearly all racing series. Have a read of Mark Webber's autobiography and take note on his thoughts about tuning and car setup.

Tl;dr - I've enjoyed a tuning season as it makes meh cars enjoyable, and I think you guys will enjoy it more as you get used to it, which will allow everyone to develop more skills and abilities which generates better racers.

Also congrats to @KeedenMcdonald on the title, I'm happy to have got closer at the end but you were just too good all season.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Can see where you are coming from, and i have no doubt that there are guys who do enjoy the tuning aspect. History would suggest though that the majority of drivers get tired very quickly of having to spend the time tuning, not withstanding the fact that there are a lot of drivers that practice more than others in a non tune series. I think the difference is that in 'non tune' the gap is smaller between the fastest and slower drivers. That in itself creates closer races and a slightly easier ' arrive and drive' set up for those that dont have the time to practice.

Can only go off the history of most series we have run from way back in GT5 and grid sizes have always dwindled when we have used that option. That said, if there is no other option, then it is what it is !

I hope jono and the guys continue in GTPES or whatever form it takes in GTS, i know the level of talent would lend itself to continuing to do very well.
  5. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I had nothing to add much in this video for this race, just uploaded first few laps and my fastest lap
    Hope everyone likes it

@Captain_Risky_21 @CAB77 yous will like the ending
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    That ending is gold!
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have had no replies to this yet, please reply @KeedenMcdonald @StigsTC @JonoStan96 @apex2691 @warrior2167 @lets_party-1611 @Tez and minardi if you would like this to be rerun on the 7th of January.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Our first GTSport season is all but wrapped up. There is still a round to go for this division and that race is scheduled for the 7th of January. The Championship has however been won already by @KeedenMcdonald after a very dominant performance, well done:thumbsup:.
    This division had the most entries with 21 drivers attending over the six races so far, but after a good start with 12 in race 1 it dwindled to only 6 in the fifth race at Dragon tail. There have unfortunately been 9 drivers who only turned up for one race and a couple who only managed a couple of starts.
    For the handful of drivers who turned up for most races I thank you.
    It is obvious looking at the lap and race times charts that the mix of divisions has been a little topsy turvey with the fastest drivers that should have been in this division scattered across all the divisions. It was probably division 1 that suffered the most from this as the times were even more spread than other divisions and it must have been disheartening to be racing against the cream when you would have had more fun a division or two lower with drivers of similar speed.
    There will be a big reshuffle of div placement going into season 2 and I hope that the fields will be more evenly spread and that we see all of you back again.
    JonoStan96, Hatfield and stucar17 like this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    A big thank you goes to @warrior2167 for hosting the season and also for stepping in to make up the numbers for the last two rounds. Thanks warrior, :thumbsup:
  10. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That thread currently says round 1 on the 14th. You don't have to turn up if you don't want to as you already have the Championship in the bag. If we get less than 5 wanting to do the postponed race we won't run it and so far no one has replied either way. Division three will be running their postponed race that day as seven of us have expressed a desire to be there.
  12. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I like Maggiore and I love the Enduro round, so I'll show up if we get the people.
    I'm honestly not expecting the race due to it being the Enduro, we only have 5 people normally and its out-of-season.
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. lets_party-1611

lets_party-1611 Rookie

PSN ID
    Lets_party-1611
    I will race the enduro
    StigsTC and emmo46 like this.
  14. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I probably won’t turn up, unless the weather and not busy i will be there
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I’ll be in Geelong so I cannot make it.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  16. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Yeah will probably be keen for a race by then.
    Might get to be side by side with beau on track for the first time in the enduro.....as he laps me :cry:
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sounds like he won't be racing so you can possibly take a win.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  18. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    After being away for a few weeks, I can’t tell if I’ll make the catch up, still awaiting my nbn and confirmation of how active I’ll be on the game until it arrives
  19. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    @emmo I'll host it if needed, but can we award 10 points to everyone who turned up and call it a day.
  20. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    @Hatfield Any chance I can jump in for the Bathurst rescheduled race due to missing the Div2 race from joining the league late?