GT Sport Season 1 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I couldn't work out what you were doing lap to lap and didn't have any feel for where you were weak/strong. I just couldn't set anything up to make a clean move, like every time you ran an apex deep so did I or every time I backed one up to get a good exit so did you. I dunno man, it was just weird and I couldn't read it.
    With SS we just sort of sync up and then our lines visibly diverge and one of us makes a tenth and you can see it pretty clearly. Eg the last turn he tended to go a bit deeper and wider than me and make up a bit on the way in, but I'd get a better exit and enter the slipstream to close back in down the front straight.
    SuiCid3, ssman244 and B-Spec Bob like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am sure people have their reasons but it is very disappointing to see after trying to get this whole thing running and see 7 starters out of 19 signed up. I only noticed 2 people say they couldn't make it (unless there were others in your psn div chat)
    JonoStan96 and SuiCid3 like this.
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    What a disappointing night last night was all around. Turn up, track, and driver etiquette.

Race 1 taken out 1st corner by 1st time driver in Div1 who then exited after his effort of spinning me. Asked for restart which was ignored by Bob as obviously the field of 5 was enough and there were too many drivers to disrupt.

Race 2 skipped out to 3sec lead till Beau got to second and started coming. I then made a brain fade error on the downhill section and lost 6-8 secs which left Bob 3secs in front (2nd), and Stig at least 4sec behind (5th).
    Was catching Bob quickly but Stig was mowing me down as quickly if not quicker. Same as Stig, I could not figure Bobs pace, or where to pass, and when Stig got to me I let him pass, to hopefully have him pressure Bob more than I could and make him crack under that pressure.
    I tucked in behind them waiting, and finally that error came from Bob on the last lap out of corner 1. Stig and I both passed Bob before the chicane. But alas the next corner after the chicane Bob decided to rear end me off track (2nd time in 2 races) in his anger, or poor driving, which cost me 3rd. I only have myself to blame for not being a clear 2nd with my shocking rookie brain fade error on lap 4 though.
    Well done Beau and Stig and SS you guys are just far too quick for me. It feels like there is 3 standards in Div 1.
    Div 1 Alien - Beau
    Div 1 - StigTC & Fleck
    Div 1 Imposters - The rest of us

P.S. Beau did almost no practice here :notworthy: and only hit the 53s let alone those 52s :alien:, in basically his first practice session which was a half hour on Sunday.
    ssman244 and StigsTC like this.
  4. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    So what we've learned is; if you want to be top 3 in Div 1, only turn on your PS4 after 7pm on Sunday night to run your first laps so that when you show up in the lobby you haven't worked out how to hate the circuit.
    warrior2167, ssman244 and Apex_64 like this.
  5. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Sounds great in theory, but I was doing 56s in my first half hour :cry:.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    generally, I wouldn't restart for a turn 1 mistake either. just unlucky :(
    JonoStan96 and B-Spec Bob like this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    where was everyone ???
    @Hatfield, its not without precedent to merge divs to get full grids and provide some 'racing'. Even if you run 2 classes in the one div like ive done in PCARS

With it being the first season, sorting out the bugs, div placements etc can be a pain in the bum !

Just a reminder as well, you need to run 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the Pagnian draw....Quit the room and it doesnt count as a round
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah but div 2 + div 1 is still too many to merge
    SUBGTRACER and stucar17 like this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if you cannot make it for any particular round, could you please POST HERE when you know you won't be attending

(or in your division PSN chat)
    ssman244 and stucar17 like this.
  10. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    That might just be the reason, after the 26 laps of racing there I was getting in mid 53’s consistently and had sectors for 53 flats, I just have no Rhythm which has always been my problem, can’t get into a zone and nail laps reasonably consistent
  11. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Because nobody else is allowed to make mistakes right? I misjudged how early you seemed to brake for the hairpin/how much quicker you pulled up for which I slowed down and redressed.
    But don't let that stop you from making things up or start name calling in the post race lobby. The only thing 'childish' about any of our recent on track interactions is you waiting a whole lap to deliberately ram me off track in a practice lobby.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i feel like i should get the popcorn
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    high road guys... high road
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    What's it going to take to convince him that the occasional contact is part of racing and is mostly accidental?
    How many chances is he going to get?
    I'm just defending my position after his accusations and setting the story straight, no made up :poop:.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If I was in your position, this would have been my reply:
    sorry about that, was definitely a mistake on my part which is why I waited to redress. No need to be so harsh :( Hopefully we can have some more clean respectful racing next week :thumbsup:

and as for @apex2691 's original comment above, it could've been written as:

But alas the next corner after the chicane, Bob made an error and rear ended me which cost me 3rd. To his credit, he did redress :thumbsup:

Lots of coulda shoulda woulda but you get the idea I hope
    KoAStR, razor4797, Spidey_11 and 7 others like this.
  16. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    I had a good chuckle reading that :laugh::roflmao::thumbsup:
    FYI before I could even comment on the incident post race, I was already dealing with a "are you a child?" comment and your typical apex brand of trash talk with no substance.:(:rolleyes::thumbsdown:
    So thanks for the advice but I won't be blowing rainbows up anyone's butt kthx ;):thumbsup::whistling:
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sigh this is exactly what I am talking about. This isn't stuff that you need to be typing and is just another low act in this childish war
  18. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Here’s my fastest from last night, felt very good thought I’d share it :)
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    pretty sure i saw beau doing hotlaps much earlier in the week than sunday. he may not do a lot of practice but geez he makes it worthwhile
    JonoStan96 and Spidey_11 like this.
  20. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    I get your idea and it works fine with most people but we are way past the point of ever being able to have a respectful rivalry so there's no point in pretend niceties.
    I didn't start this war of words nor did I provoke or deserve any of the on track retaliation over the past year, but neither will I do nothing and let things carry on like this without consequence.
    If nothing further develops from this incident then so be it, I was never interested in it carrying on like it has anyway.