GT Sport Season 1 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Thanks for the congratulation comments lads :D
    I am also available on the 7th
    arakasi- and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That is 7 so we'll do it on the 7th of January.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The season is all but over as we will now be running Bathurts (mispelling intended) on the 7th of January. @razor4797 dominated nearly all season except the last race where Jaydon popped up to take pole and Grassies took the win with a non stopper. @Hatfield has all but sealed 2nd as he only needs to turn up and get 14th place to seal it. Third place is still up for grabs and from fifth to eight is still close.
    Despite the gaps in lap times from top to bottom in this division as with all divisions there was still a very competitive mid pack in this division and I hope most of you have had some great racing. There will be a big reshuffle of div placement going into season 2 and I hope that the fields will be more evenly spread and that we see all of you back again.
    Personally I had a mixed year. I surprised myself with a podium at the green hell but as it turned out I think it was because I was better prepared than most as I had done a little tuning to get the turn in the way I wanted. I was still in the frame for a podium in the next two races but for errors. By Bathurst though I was starting to struggle and a complete stuff up of my pit stop at the Enduro and then a faulty throttle at Dragon combined with some dreadful spins put me on the back foot.
    A new G29 for the last round put me back on par with my usual fellow battlers and I really enjoyed it.
    Overall though I had some great racing and am satisfied. I am looking forward to next season as I am sure I will be in the same division as most of the mid pack (probably div 4 based on lap and race times) and am looking forward to some good close racing.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    arakasi-, razor4797, Bluemoon and 3 others like this.
  4. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    I think the season was good in the 911 but the racing wasn't close enough due to the tuning (i know couldn't police it) but there's got to be a way to make every driver have the same tune.
    incey, JonoStan96 and Bluemoon like this.
  5. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    Massively disagree, a stock tuning will favour certain driving styles and put others at a disadvantage. Would rather have it come down to guys putting in the work to get the car the way they want than luck of the draw and hoping they like the stock tune.
  6. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I would like to lock tuning as well even tho I find most standard tunes having too much understeer for my driving style. If they were locked I would just keep lapping to learn how to drive that car with that tune. I spent many hours the last few rounds experimenting with tunes. Then I get given 1 and I was straight up faster. I modified it a bit to suit me further and gained a whole second a lap from the tune I spent days on.

I think with the team championship idea it might create some more sharing of ideas and tunes between team mates. I think this will help those who can't tune. The thing with tunes it does depend very much on driving style.
    Tristan Jones, NAACS and Kieran_B33 like this.
  7. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

I quite enjoy tinkering with my setup, some basic reading into it gave me a bit of knowledge on what effects what. Ended up with a setup that could pretty much never lose my back end and made the driving a lot easier and more enjoyable!!
  8. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    My opinion on tuning is a little on the fence lol.
    Some of the greatest GT racing on ROOZ was back when we had no tuning allowed.
    You had to change your driving style and learn to work with the car as it was, which I guess is a bit of skill in itself.
    Although I can understand people who like the idea of changing the car to suit their driving style.
    Regardless I think both options can and will continue to produce good racing
    AroGantz likes this.
  9. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    I've also enjoyed having a reason to experiment with tuning, since with Sport mode being fixed there was no reason to really do so previously.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I'm not a fan of tuning. I always seem to tune time into my cars while sacrificing tyre wear and fuel economy. Don't have time to get better at it.
    JonoStan96 and Bluemoon like this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Thanks for the reminder
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how many are we gonna get?
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    my guess is 10
  15. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

What time is start?
  16. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Will be 8:20pm AEDT as per usual
  17. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

cool just checking :)
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that's race start.

qually should start at 8:10
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    that's new, i don't mind but page 1 says qually at 820
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We had about 6 or 7 said they would be doing it.