GT Sport Season 1 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I was unable to share the replay file... @Bluemoon do you think you could try with your awesome connection??
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

@Hatfield I know that your wanting to keep things simple this season but the lack of strategy makes for a dull race. Sure there was the option to save a bit of fuel and no stop but what real world series see's efficiency as the difference between winning and loosing? Either tyre wear needs to be increased or a second tyre compound be permitted as those hards didn't wear at all last night.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    o_O
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sigh... good guys... luck in the sand?
  5. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Send me a FR and I will accept as soon as I’m online the next time
    emmo46 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will keep that in mind.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    You sandbagged your way to Div 3, you can afford to make up your own whacky strategy!:roflmao:
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    That went pretty much as expected. Did a conservative qually, started 11th and avoiding a stalled zharvs saw me back to last into turn 1. Made it back to 5th for awhile but too many crashes saw me finish in 8th. My fastest lap was my best ever by a good margin but still no where near the pointy end times. Well done to the podium. Hopefully you guys were only experts at that track. Dunno who did tuning and who didn't but it was pretty demoralising being 15 secs per lap off the pace. Couldn't even blame it on beer this time.
  9. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    I’ve had some connection issues of late but it only seems to be psn. All my sims on pc run flawlessly. This has happened once before and I had to put in a static IP address for my ps and it seemed fine till now
  10. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    that must have taken forever to upload
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Um...any racing series where races are of a decent length? Have you ever played with fuel maps in the F1 games? How about every Le Mans race ever? Just because tire wear isn’t a major factor doesn’t mean there’s no race strategy.
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

The only one sandbagging here is @Hatfield. I had fuel mapped to 1 for all 5 laps and my best lap was still a 8:47 22s off hatfield's fastest lap.
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Well 45 minutes isn't a decent length now is it? Fuel will always be a factor given it will reduce the time you spend refuelling in the pits. But it shouldn't be a case of either conserve fuel or else serve a drive through penalty for a splash and dash as was the case in last nights race.

Yes i've played F1 games and you simply put in enough fuel at the start of the race such that you can run the fastest fuel map for the entire race. Plus f1 forces you to use two tyre compounds so fuel isn't the sole factor when it comes to race strategy.

I want to be able to race my fellow div 3 drivers as hard as I can for the full length of the race without then being denied a decent result by having to pit for fuel in the dying laps of the race.
    arakasi- likes this.
  15. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-

Yep, pretty much what I been thinking.
    Solution could be all start the race on half tank, then the guys who want to save fuel can still do the fuel save thing, and the guys who want to race at full noise can still race.
    Still has as much strategy as current regs, if not more, but don't need hours of practice just to sort fuel mapping, when we already have to spend time tuning if you want to be competitive , (which i ain't bothering with anyway)
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    hmm if you are running a static ip for your ps4, you could also try setting that IP as a DMZ on your router...
    you could also try port forwarding...
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    starting fuel level is something we could look at... but the ring race was shorter than our average so you may find no stopping to be quite a bit slower if you have to run in such a high number fuel mapping just to get to the end...
    as for tuning, I just slapped on the praiano tune I linked in the tuning thread OP
    I am going to say I was sandbagging if only to continue talk about my happily surprise pace! *still on a high*
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Or we could get through a season and get everything going first before making changes. First season on a new game should be as standard as possible.

Lets get through this and use time between seasons to change things. Remember we only jad under 2 weeks from release to season start so be patient
    razor4797, REVO_Bryan and incey like this.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I haven't touched the fuel mapping and had plenty of fuel to run flat out for the whole race, Is the default setting a fuel saver?
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no the default is the fastest setting