GT Sport Season 1 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    No worries @Tristan Jones. I was trying hard to make a clean pass at the right moment. My car felt a bit unsettled following close behind and I find it hard to see braking points as well. In which I tend to brake early and try and get a faster exit.
  2. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    excuse you, you pair, well one Arse and one who should know better. :):roflmao:
    i only won because i didnt take tyres on first stop.
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  3. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I will post them up if I ever get home from work..
  4. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    This guy lol.
    Ozglenn, pat65 and NAACS like this.
  5. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    A question for the div 4 guys....... not you div 1 & 2 guys :p What times are you getting on the Dragon?
  6. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    driving like you did lastnight eh?
    fast for 1.56.315 then nothing :D:D:D
    pat65 likes this.
  7. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Good racing last night. Room seemed very stable to me again. No hiccups at all. Five out of five so far :)

Qualifying Round 5
    [​IMG]

Race result Round 5
    [​IMG]

Fastest Laps Round 5
    [​IMG]
    emmo46 and Matthyus like this.
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Just did a quick practise and got real low 1.42 high 1.41 using the DS4.
    Epic beat mine on his 2nd or 3rd lap :)

If you want some tuning info, I would suggest GT Planet and look up Minkihl. He also has videos of his laps so it's handy to learn from if struggling with pace. I used his tune last night and came away in practise with a 1.56, very close to his times.
    Tristan Jones and AroGantz like this.
  9. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz

I got a handful of 1:42 laps but no consistency
  10. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I can do 1:45 without pushing, can get 1:42s on a great lap. Low fuel i got better but can't remember the time!

Mind you, I decided to bite the bullet and use 0 TCS finally - since 1.06 TCS 3 just hasn't been the same, so I figured I will jump in the deep end. I might get a little faster if I used it, but easing on the throttle correctly really is a skill that I should master. Mind you, IRL its letting off the throttle I do too quickly when the back kicks out...

I really have to watch my exit out of that last corner!

Got to spend a few hours on it last night, starting to think about tuning again...
    1:56 is typo i assume?

I did have a bit of a read through Minkihl's posts, he is a professional racer, and spends lots of time answering questions and helping people on GT Planet, I must go back and have a reread about any RSR or Dragon tunes he has...
  11. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    1.36 o_O
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  13. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Tried that lads setup @Matthyus, it feels good
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It's a good setup. I still feel a bit loose coming out of some corners but I think that's more me than the car. Too used to 4wd ;)
  15. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    Good little squirt last night. I think this might be a fairly close round this week. The top guys are still that bit quicker but the mid pack will be very close. I had to race at 11/10 to keep up with @CAB77.
    Matthyus, Ozglenn and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  16. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    It's definitely going to be won and lost in the chicanes, that last one is an equaliser. Last night was the first practice session where I could stick with the pack so I learnt a heap from it, plus @BrickyFromHell gave me a heap of leading and chasing practice which is something I need desperately. Bring on Sunday.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 6
    - Dragon Trail - 27 laps - 1000 Fine - 10/12

- Tuning: Allowed
    - Tyre Wear : x1
    - Tyre Regs : RH
    - Fuel Depletion : x1
    - Initial Fuel : Default
    - Qualifying regs : Open
    - Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

(Map to be added)

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the first 2 tight corners will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in the first race of the season ;)

TRACK LIMITS
    : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You are able to enter the pits as fast as you wish without being penalised (so far as we know). It is preferable that you do not cut the solid entry/exit lines and be aware of other cars when you are entering/exiting the pits.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until midnight monday night to submit a protest, and midnight Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room. Luckily in GT Sport, if one person gets the replay and shares it, all GT Sport players can view the replay in full from all points of view (however lag can show different things from different drivers replays)
    Jcp likes this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Do you feel that the different tune made a difference?
  20. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I think so, I was never a fan of Dragon but I feel quite comfortable in the car which is a nice change, averaging 1:41 but did a 1:40:02 in a race so quite happy with it....... Now I just need to conquer the nerves and eagerness to jump on the power under pressure.
    Tristan Jones, Matthyus and Ozglenn like this.