GT Sport Season 1 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 26, 2017.

1. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Thank you for an excellent season all involved. We'll done @NAACS on the season win. I did all I could tonight but you were to fast over a season for me. Thank you @pat65 for hosting all season also during the week practising. Also @Ozglenn it's been a blast. For the new guys that stuck it out all season well done. So much improvement could be seen in our division.

@Hatfield thank you for organising the season. I look forward to season 2 and I'm sure I won't be in Div 4 anymore. Look forward to the challenge.
    emmo46, Inzyman, pat65 and 5 others like this.
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    See ya in Div 2
    pat65 and Ozglenn like this.
  3. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Thanks to All Div 4 Boys i had a lot of fun :thumbsup:
    Well done naacs for the season win,Cab its been a blast so much fun and Pat thanks for hosting and Drinking hehehehehe
    and everyone else that's what racing should be :)
    A special thanks to everyone who helped me with driving tips and car setups I think this was awesome and a big part of the enjoyment ....
    And what about the practice nights with Pat,Cab,Mez,and the rest of the boys and don't forget Bl**dy RISKY so much fun and laughs....remember RUBBIN'S RACING hhehehehe
    Ps Look forward for some BOP racing in a ROOZ Room during the next week it will be FUN.........
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  4. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    What!! - naacs won the championship??
    Geez I wasn't expecting that!!!
  5. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Good race, congrats to CAB on the race and naacs on the season...

I did plenty of practise, but very little fuel experimenting. I ran a tank out at 20 laps and figured another 9 is half as much again, too far to stretch. Turns out I pitted lap 22-23, I guess being not flat out behind "traffic" - in commas because you guys all seemed to have good pace on me! I did recognise the long pit stop, but that made me decide that if I do stop, no point in not taking tyres - another 5 seconds won't add much to that huge stop.

Come race day, I hear Beau talking to ?Pat or Cab? saying they can 25-27 laps at full pace and I start to wonder if I should have experimated with different fuel maps/ shortshifting/ gear ratios a bit more.
    I was lapping a couple of seconds slower than most (high 1:43 at times, mostly low 1:44), so I figured race flat out and see what happens.

Had a good chase with @Matthyus for a while, and Greg kept on me till I pitted - they had really good pace to keep up while on lower fuel maps!

Well done to all, and see you next season
    pat65 and Ozglenn like this.
  6. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    Thanks to everyone for a great season 1. Being my first season here the learning curve was steep but I managed to find a little more pace and consistency as the races went on. Last nights track wasn't my cup of tea but hung in til the end.
    This would have to be the most fun I've had gaming probably ever. Well done naacs on the overall win. I had some great battles with the other midfielders who had similar pace as me. Well done everyone for making it such a great experience. Def back for season 2.
    pat65, Ozglenn and Tristan Jones like this.
  7. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Good season of racing all.....
    Thanks @Hatfield for organising again hopefully next season will be a bit better with people more accurately placed.
    Thanks @pat65 for hosting always stable and never any issues
    Congrats @NAACS on championship enjoy your time in div 1b/2 next season lol
    Overall it was a good season to return to Sunday night league racing on don't think we had any protests?
    Will be back next season
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Congrats to @NAACS on the Season win and @CAB77 for making him work for it.
    @pat65 , thank you for hosting and being a damn good to honest aussie host.
    The environment that has been in our Division has been 1 where we can learn, adapt and grow. The occasional ribbing included :D

Qual - Had a decent run finally and got 6th, just behind @Antmeg26 . I was surprised by your pace. Your pace will make next Season interesting.
    Race - Had a good start and first corner once again. Kudos to all for the wonderfully clean first couple of laps.
    Managed to squeeze home on 5th with a mixture of Strategy and consistent driving.

Ran Fuel map 2 for the first 9 laps, which as expected slowly widened the gap between @Antmeg26 and @pat65 to about 8sec. During this time I had my only stack, when my rear wheel hit that green concrete off the first straight and spun me out allowing @Tristan Jones to overtake. We had a good battle for a couple of laps until a minor mistake on T1. I didn't see you again after that. Swapped Fuel to 1. Ran about 6 laps to catch up to @Antmeg26 & @pat65 . It was about now I realized that I was going to run short and dropped it back to 2. From here Pit stops were beginning to happen. Luckily I was able to keep within striking distance to @Antmeg26 so when he pitted I took his spot and put 20s between us.
    Stayed on Fuel map 2 for the remainder of the race and snuck home with 2s spare. Ran out of fuel about 1s short of the line :rolleyes:

@pat65 - To answer your question, that is why I couldn't keep pace with you post your pit stop, I was running 2 pretty much all night.

All in all, a very good, consistent but lonely race. With my only close racing being with @Tristan Jones after my stack.
    Happy I was able to run mostly high 1.33, to 1.34 on Fuel map 2.
    CAB77, pat65, Ozglenn and 1 other person like this.
  9. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Race result:
    [​IMG]

Fastest laps:
    [​IMG]
    Terror (disconnected again):
    [​IMG]

@CAB77 took poll position off @Ozglenn at the death.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    emmo46 and Ozglenn like this.
  10. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Congratulations to @NAACS on an almost flawless season. Well done to @CAB77 and @Ozglenn finishing the season in second and third.
    I'm glad that last race is done, only because of the track! Didn't practice as much as I should have and didn't have a strategy.
    After holding down third for a fair chunk of the race, I made an error costing about 5 seconds settled for 4th. Had no chance of getting any higher as I was 3 laps short on fuel and had to pit (sorry cab).

Thanks to all for a great season. Heaps of fun, plenty of learning by all and plenty of banter.
    Everyone raced respectfully, I didn't hear of any would be protests (maybe sour grapes on one occasion :whistling:), everyone seemed to have fun and just race. Hope to see you all back next season.

Don'rt forget that the divisions will be reshuffled which should help everyone be more competitive. :)
    Tristan Jones, emmo46 and Ozglenn like this.
  11. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Well we all know who's fault that was :D

Thanks for hosting mate and thanks to everyone in Div 4, it doesn't take long to get over the nerves and to try to settle into a rhythm with you guys and I can't wait for the next season. Until then I'll see you in the practice rooms.
    Tristan Jones, emmo46, pat65 and 2 others like this.
  12. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    Thanks Aro for sorting me out with rooms, mic and general info. Look forward to a few practice sessions and meeting everyone. Cheers.
    AroGantz likes this.
  13. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    Congratulations to @NAACS, Thanks to @pat65 for the admin. The racing in the races i was in was clean and very enjoyable. I look forward to learning more with you guys. Thanks to all. Cheers Ant
    emmo46 and pat65 like this.
  14. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    I know I've been taking the piss out of @NAACS all season (and deservedly so I might add). We go back a few decades and he is well used to it. Irrespective of that - Congratulations to him on the championship win. You have to be there and put the effort in to grab the trophy - so well done mate.
    It has been a pleasure to follow this thread and refreshing to see the respect and dedication of all involved. No petty squabbling and bull**it.

Well done guys - Have a good break over the Festive Season.
    Cheers
    Cyber
    incey, pat65, Tristan Jones and 4 others like this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations to @NAACS for the well earned win, There was a lot of ribbing about naacs being in Div 4 but he really had to fight for the title as @CAB77 gave his all to knock him off the top step and it was only bonus points that secured the championship in the end. Also thanks to @pat65 for hosting what appeared to be a well managed room.
    This division impressed me with the friendly atmosphere whenever I dropped into their practice rooms. Those visits were always enjoyable even though I was disheartened by having my bottom smacked by supposedly lower division guys.
    I may even be in the same division with some of you next season.

It is obvious looking at the lap and race times charts that the mix of divisions has been a little topsy turvey with the fastest drivers scattered across all divisions. The battles for the divisions 2 and 4 championships have however been very tensely fought.
    There will be a big reshuffle of div placement going into season 2 and I hope that the fields will be more evenly spread and that we see all of you back for next season as it is guys like you that make ROOZ such a great place to be.
  16. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Can this guy be blocked?

I have no idea who he is.

He seems to have taken a shine to me. Harvey Weinstein like. I find it most disconcerting to say the least.

I am not a super model.

@Hatfield I implore you
    Jcp, Hatfield, AroGantz and 1 other person like this.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Who are we to stand in the way of true love :inlove:
    NAACS and Hatfield like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'll have a look at his profile. Don't remember him racing with us... could be a spam bot ;)
    NAACS likes this.
  19. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Sorry I formally retract anything nice I said about @NAACS !!
    But all the rest of U guys have
    a nice Xmas!
  20. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Well done all on a great season.
    My apologies for missing the last couple of races, new job and long hours first few weeks meant I just couldn’t commit.
    Looking forward to season 2.
    pat65, Ozglenn and CAB77 like this.