GT Sport Season 1 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 26, 2017.

1. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I'll be standing by as a reserve but do have one question. If a car is upgraded will it de-tune on room entry or just not be allowed in?
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you will have to reset it to be allowed on track
    so when you enter the room, it won't change until you manually change it... otherwise you won't be able to race.

Please ensure your cars is the correct HP and KG
  3. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Cool, thank you.
  4. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    @Ozglenn
    Was watching the replay from Round 1 and thought some of the close (and clean) racing we had was worth a post.
    First video in particular at high speed from the last straight into final chicane.
    I suck at video / video editing and all that so.....it is what it is.
    Second video in next post.
  5. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Next clip
    Ozglenn and pat65 like this.
  6. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So something wonderful happened today. My wife bought me a nice new G29!! Early birthday pressie!!
  7. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Nice one mate....tell her you need a rig to mount it on for Xmas
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Ozglenn likes this.
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, it's time for a refresher on Mic Etiquette........ We have a lot of new members and we want to do the right thing !

A reminder for EVERYONE that if you are in a ROOZ room your 'chat' in that room is a direct reflection of ROOZ.

- Abuse of any kind is not acceptable.
    - in a private chat, members should be mindful of who is in that chat and be aware of appropriate language
    - THE IN GAME CHAT GOES THROUGH PEOPLE'S TVS, SO ANYTHING SAID CAN BE HEARD BY EVERYONE WITHIN EARSHOT OF THEIR TV....

Please have a quick read in the link below, we don't want anyone overstepping the mark.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/important-mic-ettequite-please-read.432/

Stu
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Antmeg26 said he is out for 2 weeks so @AroGantz that guarantees you a spot for 2 weeks
  11. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Yep, was talking to @antmeg earlier, the timing works well.
  12. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    @Pat, thanks for the round 2 race hosting.
    I will be away from my cockpit for the next two rounds (unexpected work will make me miss bathurst:eek:). I will be back for the 3 December race. Sorry for the Hassle.
    @Cab Congrats, You almost lapped me tonight. (too many mistakes by me, @AroGantz sorry about the bump):D.
    Thanks again racers
    ANT
    pat65 likes this.
  13. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Well I feel that was a lucky win. The lead of the race was gifted to me early when Epic had a power outage and his car was left on the track and free wheeled into @Ozglenn. From there I just pushed as hard as I could and managed a 6 second lead. I pitted lap 13 got new tyres and enough fuel for the end to push all the way.

Was getting worried as lap 19 Ozglenn still hadn't pitted and I wasn't able to close the gap much to him. So I figured if he can still lap that fast and save enough fuel to finish the race he deserves the win. Set my fastest lap ever a 1:53.9 and all of a sudden Glenn was in the pits. He did a splash and dash and came out right behind me. I figured he didn't take new tyres so I figured I could still push harder then him and finished the race with a few seconds up my sleeve.

Shoutout to all those that I did lap they stayed out of the way perfectly. Bad luck Epic you were the one to beat here.
  14. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Yeah sorry if my outage caused some mayhem....I was GUTTED!
    Everything just felt right last night, got a good start from pole and was managing the gap to second nicely on a leaner fuel mix when my whole house went black.
    Turned out the wife was doing ironing and it tripped the circuit breaker.....which led to a robust debate and banning of that activity for all future Sunday nights - the iron also made its way into the bin safely even though I felt like chucking it into the BBQ and cremating it.

Well done CAB and all who had a great result.
  15. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Great race CAB excellent strategy and driving :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Bad luck Epic looked like it was going to be a great race i would have like to see what was going to happen:eek:
    to everyone else good racing see you all next round:):)
    pat65, NAACS, TheMugsy and 1 other person like this.
  16. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Yeah mate, would've loved to have been in it to the end - well done on the result though.
  17. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    My first league race ever!

Well done CAB, and well done to Macca87, who i caught up to when i was 5th (iirc?) when he made mistakes around the slow hairpin a couple of times, he had pace on me and managed to stay consistant enough to get 10-15 seconds on me. I was surprised that I made it that far up after qualifying so far back.

Pity I wasn't watching my fuel near the end, ran out on lap 21 between hairpin and pits, got lapped and lost a few positions, tried to stay out of the way of you all! Very impressed with the clean racing, sooo much nicer than sport mode, even at SR S! I think fuel/ lap number is good, forcing a strategy move of at least 1 pit for fuel or needing to conserve fuel with mapping is a great part of racing.

I managed to better my Q 1:58 with a 1:57 when I was on song too! I will be watching a few hot laps of Kyoto to see if I can get my times a bit closer to the pointy end of the div. Worked out a few corners i still need to improve on at Alsace! So hard to use the whole track coming out of the hairpin, getting on throttle earlier just seems to get tail too sketchy.
    pat65, JonoStan96, Macca87AUS and 3 others like this.
  18. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Congratulations to Cab Glenn and Naacs for the podium places. Commiserations to Mugsy, I feel your pain.
    Pretty conservative race from me last night. Started ok, got up to 3rd early on after a mistake by Naacs but made an error myself a lap or two later and Naacs powered by. Decided to go into fuel conversation mode which was a big mistake as the pit time is so short. My lap times were not competitive enough, my best lap of the race was more than a second down on what I've been running. I still managed to run out of fuel with two corners to go. A fairly lonely race, coming home 4th.

As far as the room goes, I didn't see any issues at all. No one stuck on the grid and no dropouts besides Mugsy's power outage. I din't notice any lag at all, not sure what everyone else's experiences were.

Qualifying:
    [​IMG]

Result:
    [​IMG]

Lap times:
    [​IMG]
    Tristan Jones and TheMugsy like this.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @pat65 do you have a race lap time for epicredrocket?
  20. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Well that was 45 minutes of nerves but it was fun. My goal last night was to stay out of the way and I think I succeeded for the most part except when I confused myself at pit entry and got in the way of @Antmeg26, sorry about that Ant. Now I need to work out how to get some more speed.
    pat65 and Tristan Jones like this.