GT Sport Season 11 Division 1 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 2, 2020.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Just breathe lol

Get well soon
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I remember that feeling, get the ventolin into ya and rest up
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Worst night of racing ever for me.
    Ironically my wheel went to 1080 for qually, a second off my pb, only realized down conrod 2nd lap. I had actually practiced for this race because I love the place. Race was frustrating. Then came out of the pits backwards in 2nd setting for 2nd race, messaged twice, once before race, once after start, where I thought those behind me would see i was heading backwards. Oh well no restart, probably fitting end to my crap season, me going backwards.:(
    Well done Keeden and podium in 1st race. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I will get out of the way now for the rest of the season, tnx for the odd battle with a driver who had crashed beforehand.

P.S. Anybody want to buy a T300 wheel for $2.50? (Div1 only) Postage negotiable.
  4. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Get well soon bro

5. Byron Phillips

Byron Phillips Rookie

PSN ID
    ByroniDogs
    Well 0 practice doesn’t help. Last, last and last. Was good alright in race 2 then had a little incident with holland at the end of the chase so had to let him go then sent the pit lane entry and holland at the same time. Sorry holland btw.
  6. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    No sweat brother
  7. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    If you had've asked for a restart we would've restarted
    Apex_64 likes this.
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    You should have said the word “restart” instead of something nonsensical. I had no idea what you meant and neither did anyone else.
    I checked the replay you were driving completely normally, then you paused and quit.
    Send us what happened on your end
    Apex_64 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Odd format for tonights races left me a tad disappointed to have missed out on the reverse grid chaos and craving some good racing again. Screwed quali hitting the wall on my first lap and leaving it to the second on worn tires. Ran confident in my strategy to hold P6 for the whole race despite over filling by 10+

Race 2 popped off early with @GTP_DHolland and @CaptainRisky21 having a tangle which left me out of touch with @Noble and with @razor4797 very close behind. Made a mistake the very next lap and ended up trying to book a room in the rydges. Pitted out of shame and tried an 8 lap stint at the end to somr success, setting some tidy lap times to leave me P6 somehow after a massive mistake. I pushed on before realising I had underfuelled and saved hard so I could defend Holland on the final lap. Saving didn't do me any good as we came together at the chase after I went deep and forced him wide, sorry mate! Luckily for me despite admitting my mistske, he ran out of fuel on the line and I just nabbed him.

Poor turn out tonight, a few people I'm well and truly wondering where they are??
  10. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Was facing wrong way in pits, came out facing backwards but gears working as if forwards, wheel turning reversed as well. I exited, entered again, to see if that worked, it didn't, I then sent 1st message. Race started and i was facing backwards, messaged again, but as you rightly point out I did not state restart, I quickly put out the same message as before the race. Can totally understand you not stopping to restart if I looked normal to those around me. Super trucking strange one.
    Can not believe how flat I am after feeling like I missed out on a nights racing at Bathurst. So gutted.
    All good, all my fault, my glitch, and my bad communication in my fluster. Sorry everybody.

P.S. Did not get replay as I thought it was only available after the race.
    Tristan Jones and Hatfield like this.
  11. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    On all my replay (and a few others) you appeared to just pause the game off the launch and exit track. It looked more like a rage quit than a glitch
  12. Suitlad

Suitlad New Recruit

hey guys, Newbie here. super keen to get involved in this. Any free spots?
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I really should not answer your assertion of me being untruthful, but it is common for you to overestimate your insight.
    What would I be rage quitting for? I wanted to race in that second race badly.
    I want to race at Bathurst 24/7 in any car virtually. Used to race there 4 nights a week in GT6.
    I have not rage quit once with all my pitiful driving or strategies or ailments in any race (season or community) ever at ROOZ.
    Pulled over and parked with 2 laps to go at Spa, 3 seasons ago, that is the only race I have not finished besides power outages about 3 times in TITTS 10 min races.
    Do you want to withdraw your assertion or stay with it?
  14. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    It looked like you left the track on your own, like you would if you weren't ready to race or whatnot
  15. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    More incredible insight and commentary but no withdrawal, so i take it you believe yourself.
    No I wasn't really ready to race or whatnot because I have done all my driving forwards at all tracks, not backwards.
    I felt that Bathurst is hard enough facing the right way, so I exited and again sent my message.
    Shame your insight does not use extrapolation to improve your possibilities of being correct.
  16. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Mate i'm just describing what i saw. It appeared that you exited track yourself, no glitch appeared on my end. Obviously you had issues on your end, no need to get so worked up about it.
    JonoStan96 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  17. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Having seen your messages mate I had no idea what had happened. It's unfortunate as we wouldn't go without anyone without valid reason. From your messages I gathered you were unhappy with the grid setup not being reverse but now having read up, I truly am stumped. Sorry again and hope to have you with us again for RBR.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  18. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Again Risky, stop with your insight, I am not worked up, I am just setting record str8.

Thanks Viper, best I stay out of the way at RBR and R7.
    I gave reasons in a previous post why it was my fault, and with the changed format I can easily see how it confused my comments to be about the grid, not my freaky glitch.
    I have had a couple of the GTS glitches in the pits before, but this was absolutely ridiculous, as well as everything in reverse, I could not see my own car on any view :laugh:
    Viperzed likes this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will PM you with a link on how to qualify
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 6: Red Bull Ring - 31 Laps - 10:45 Cloudy - 24/5
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 11!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 5 mins. With the x0 fuel in qualifying, we will be using qualifying mode so if drivers are late, qualifying can start later eg 8:25. If drivers have informed that they will be later and room captains agree to wait for them, qualifying can be completed in practice mode, then results saved and fuel rate changed back to x2 then grid set by host. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

RACE START TIME : 8:25-30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

ROLLING START : If a driver has a connection issue, their car has the possibility of not following the rolling start procedure and instead turning in a tight circle/into the wall and holding up drivers behind. In the instance this occurs, a restart MUST happen. If this isn't resolved after a restart, the affected driver can try once more starting rear of the grid. That way if the issue remains, they will hold no one up and can exit track.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : With rolling start, we have more room going into T1, but you should still be cautious not to dive into someone. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be careful cutting and running wide at T1,2,7,8. You are allowed to cross the line with 4 wheels on the right hand side going into T5.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Please make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. Failure to do so, where an incident/impede is caused, will have consequences
    PIT EXIT :
    Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching out of T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)