GT Sport Season 11 Division 1 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 2, 2020.

1. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    This is gonna be chaos.

I'm keen!
    Crunch likes this.
  2. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    bump
    Dermott Brereton likes this.
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That was some clean driving!
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Jesus christ these fuel save races are dire.
    Apex_64 and seth123 like this.
  5. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I had fun. It's a cool track. Slipstreaming is fun.

*begin civil rant*
    I punted someone and redressed to the back of the field, but my race was ultimately ruined by my redress because the victim rage quit a lap later leaving me leagues behind the pack with no tow and just burning fuel.

Please don't enter chat after an accident. It's likely a driver is waiting for you to get back up to speed so that we can resume the race together with relative positions restored. By entering chat, you are deliberately wasting time to make a gratuitous point that could be made post-race if at all. It's a complete failure to mitigate your loss of time (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitigation_(law)) and you should be denied any and all relief.

It further demonstrates you show little regard for the race outcome because otherwise you would take every opportunity to resume racing.

So in fact, don't thank me for making contact; I should be thanking you for racing less than a lap and being a hazard.
    *end*

I think I had the right idea with the fuel and tyre strategy this time, unlike last round where i burnt fuel like an F-111 doing a dump 'n' burn, and then filling the tank to the max. Unfortunately I have no idea where I would have come but I guess i'll find out next time.

See ya next week for the historic livery round. High curbed track with a low sprung car - what could go wrong?
  6. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    I've seen the footage. you punted the same guy twice, effectively ruining his race, and now you come here and complain about him rage quitting and ruining your race?
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Most people just say sorry after punting someone mate, you’ve even sent a Wikipedia link
  8. Byron Phillips

Byron Phillips Rookie

PSN ID
    ByroniDogs
  9. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Big call saying someone else is a hazard when you wreck into the same dude twice in one lap, and the second time braking as though you're driving through them.
    MINT_GTR, razor4797, Viperzed and 3 others like this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]

Race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fastest Laps
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    @Byron Phillips no lap time

NOTE: @JonoStan96 's position glitched. Check his finishing time, he should be 7th in front of me
    Matthyus, razor4797 and seth123 like this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Glitched because I spat the dummy and shut the PS4 off after the game gave me 3 no lube prostate exams in one race
  13. Byron Phillips

Byron Phillips Rookie

PSN ID
    ByroniDogs
    Left the race cause I was a bit mad because I got crunched into t1
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

Especially when you put 7 laps of fuel in for the last 8 laps.o_O

Also a massive apology to Bryan for my brain fart when exiting the pits, I was trying to wrap my little mind around my error and a plan of action. So Sorry. :cry:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2020
  15. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'm withdrawing effective immediately.

Hatfield asked if I'd come back to fill a slot because the divisions were opening up. I had lots of time on my hands from coronavirus isolation, so I didn't think much harm would result, and I respect Hat immensely from all the tireless work he does.

I do not need to be harassed and bullied by people online, so I'm leaving. Some people are less childish and just seem to misunderstand me and my personality so they're a little judgmental, but that's okay - it's not that. I'm leaving because there is a specific toxic friendship group that go out of their way to be class-clowns as if they never left school. They resent me, and It's evident from only being back two rounds that lots of people in division 1 view this as some sort of analogue for aggression and sizing up others.

I think the most helpful taunt was that bloke who's now edited his comment, but it originally had a question like: 'What do you have to prove?" I didn't think much of it, but I eventually did realise that he's right. I have no reason to be here anymore because I'm not a teenager like I was in 2012 when I started league racing.

I came back because Hat asked me, and I wouldn't have elected to do so if he hadn't. I agreed because I like the chunkier tyre strategies and the format of the racing. I enjoy the racing aspect a lot.

I'm doubling down on my comments on page 4 post-round 2. I encourage anyone who thinks I'm delusional or otherwise to re-read it again rationally without the prejudice you've built up or become swept up in. I accept responsibility for the accident, and never once did I say I didn't. I said nothing wrong, and my critics have demonstrated an inability to separate what happened - a redressed non-deliberate accident, seemingly heinous only in its consequences - and my reasonable criticism of poor form.

I am also leaving because two stewards liked the derisive comments made by my enemies, and I will never receive a fair 'protest' in this state.

Finally, remember that the only necessary thing for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

PS. Simlab made an error and never sent me any mounting brackets, so my Fanatec wheel and pedals haven't ever been unboxed. I'm using the exact same T500RS on plywood rig adorned with orange RaceOnOz stickers from 6 years ago. They were simpler days when Gran Turismo was Gran Turismo, and not Gr3/Gr4 racer - and ROOZ was ROOZ.
    KoAStR likes this.
  16. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Calling them your enemies already tells me you shouldn't be here. I'm free to like what I want, when I want and your poor form of driving last night shouldn't stop me.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think what got people offside was that the first post after the round from you wasn't a public apology for accidentally hitting a new driver off track twice, but the 'civil rant' about the guy getting upset and quitting.
    Yes we know rage quitting is frowned upon and can agree in that respect, but there is a time and a place and a social protocol that probably should've been followed.
    Apart from mistakes made, your racing is clean. Your redressing was sound last night, but the initial public post was not.
    You are free to do as you wish, I will remove you from the drivers list.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    bluexephos22 likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Noble you have a division 1 reserve spot
    Dermott Brereton, Noble and seth123 like this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Dermott Brereton likes this.