GT Sport Season 11 Division 4 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - 29 Laps - 09:30 Cloudy - 3/5 (Renault Sport Heritage Livery Round)
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 11!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 5 mins. With the x0 fuel in qualifying, we will be using qualifying mode so if drivers are late, qualifying can start later eg 8:25. If drivers have informed that they will be later and room captains agree to wait for them, qualifying can be completed in practice mode, then results saved and fuel rate changed back to x2 then grid set by host. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

RACE START TIME : 8:25-30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

ROLLING START : If a driver has a connection issue, their car has the possibility of not following the rolling start procedure and instead turning in a tight circle/into the wall and holding up drivers behind. In the instance this occurs, a restart MUST happen. If this isn't resolved after a restart, the affected driver can try once more starting rear of the grid. That way if the issue remains, they will hold no one up and can exit track.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : With rolling start, we have more room going into T1, but you should still be cautious not to dive into someone. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be careful cutting T8-9. There is a white line followed by blue coloured tarmac then another white line and the ripple strip. The track limits are the ripple strips, and if no ripple strip, then it is the second white line on track edge.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

HERITAGE ROUND: This round is the Renault Sport Heritage Livery Round, so show off your personal or teams classic Renault liveries!

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    DeanK, arakasi-, Easyprey007 and 8 others like this.
  2. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Just a friendly heads up.
    Watching the reply I noticed there were a few people ignoring the pit exit limits (not going to mention names).
    Please be aware of the specific briefing per track regarding this.
    The drivers that don't adhere to the limits can potentially gain time on some tracks and any offence is able to be protested with the penalty being 5 seconds per offence. It didn't affect my result this week but it may have affected others.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    lots of penalties handed out in other divs for it
    pat65 likes this.
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Name & shame.
    Xtr3meNZer and pat65 like this.
  5. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    Available for a race again if anyone needs a fill in!
    Matthyus likes this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Name (by PM to Hatfield) but no shame. Getting a penalty for this is the best way to learn. I remember when I got mine for the Tokyo pit entry. Before then, I didn't even know that particular pit entry existed! I just took the "FIA line". Now I know and haven't done it again since. In everyone's defence though, it should be more explicit and consistent in the briefings. It was clearly stated for Monza, but previous races it has only been 2 wheels in (Suzuka). Opportunity for improvement perhaps
  7. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I was going to but didn't have time. Monza is a bit different as you lose time by not opening up the chicane. You can also impede another driver if by coming across the out line.
    I got done at Tokyo too. Lol.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    With Demo 1 Garage out due to injury, introduring the SUPER B TEAM
    Steve Neilson and Matthyus like this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Chatwin and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  10. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    Rock and roll!
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 3 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    13 - Easy - 47.20.807
    14 - Atom - +15 Laps
    Race Timing
    [​IMG]
    Easy - 1.33.430
    Atom - 1.33.727
    Hatfield likes this.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  13. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    What a race!

Bit slow in qualifying, got baulked on my first flying lap (nobody's fault), second flying lap I misjudged my braking into the last turn which cost me a chunk of time... Ended up 10th but I knew I had a bit better pace.

After a troublesome first race (few silly mistakes and not understanding the car) I felt a lot more confident coming into the race. A few practice runs during the week paid dividends. My goal was to avoid any spins or contact that would ruin somebody else's race. Made a clean start and just wanted to settle into a groove for the first few laps (whoever mentioned on the chat about first lap nerves was spot on!). Dropped a spot on Lap 1 but kept in touch with the midpack. Cruised behind @JustTheAtom for a lap or two before he made a mistake coming out of the last chicane (deja vu from Monza!). Was happily running 10th when I made my first stop on Lap 7.

Made a mistake in the pits, tapped X too quickly and accidentally didn't add any fuel in! Meant I leapt a few spots in the first pitstop cycle but I only had 6 laps of fuel on board. I knew to have any chance of salvaging something I would need to put the hammer down for those 6 laps - light fuel, fresh boots - so I went for it. Really happy with my pace in this stint, every lap in the high 32s of low 33s. Pitted on Lap 13. I really wanted a 7 lap final stint, with my earlier bungle that would mean 9 laps on one set of tyres. I decided to play it as it came whether to go for 9 laps or 8 laps if the tyres went.

Third stint was very smooth, tried really hard to conserve the tyre when I could and it paid dividends. Through some miracle I'd ended up in 2nd - I kept thinking that my strategy must be totally different and I would shuffle out in 5th-10th after my final stop. I managed 9 laps on the one set of tyres (even set the fastest lap of my stint on the 8th lap!) and came in for my ginal stop on Lap 22.

The final stint was absolutely enthralling. @VARDZ was breathing down my neck for all 7 of those laps. I kept my eyes forward, monitored the gap, and tried to see where he was gaining time on me. It got as close as .4s at one point but credit to you for a great, pulsating battle. Unfortunate about your final lap spin mate, you deserved that podium!

Couldn't believe my eyes when I crossed the line 2nd! Stoked with the race and keen for the next one now. Credit to Johnno for the win mate, I have no idea how you managed to pull 18s on the same strategy as me. Had that thing on rails!
    Watto64, Xtr3meNZer, incey and 4 others like this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Go Johnno!
    incey and Matthyus like this.
  15. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Congrats to Jonno last night, well done on the very commanding win, Chatwin on a very nice 2nd, and McCraken for rounding out the podium.

Came into the race feeling confident in my abilities on the track - most of my practice runs, I didn't have a single off, and was able to keep it on the black stuff - although not always the best times, but I was consistent, so I was ready for an intense race.

Qualified 6th, felt good about that, right behind Pat. First lap went without any problems, I rather enjoy the close racing - alas on the 2nd lap at the first chicane, Pat braked a little bit earlier than I expected, I braked, but pulled to the right to ensure I didn't tap him, which unsettled the car and put me off the track (this is no fault of Pat's), and I touched the gas and the wheels spun - so I waited for the train of cars to go by and tried to rejoin the race. Alas the next couple of laps I had Karki in front of me and he spun out, I was trying to avoid him, but his car seemed to pick up some grip and threw him off towards me (again, no fault of his own - I know it was an accident) and that pushed me back a bit further.

Still stuck to my plan for two stops (as I was pushing out 9-10 laps and keeping the times pretty consistent) and made my way back from 14th-11th - but unfortunately I had no one around me, so just basically cut laps - pretty lonely race.

I guess that will be my drop round lol.

Next week enduro - going to be a big one. Catch you throughout the week lads
    Watto64 and Matthyus like this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    That was me mate. My heart was thumping long and hard.

All I can say is Wow.
    I truly did not expect my race to unfold the way it did, but I'm super stoked that it did.
    My team mates will agree that I was struggling with pace and tyre wear, along with a decent strategy.
    However after my first 2 practise sessions, I had managed low 33's, feeling pretty good, although tyres were woeful, I decided to do an @incey and throw a spanner in the works in terms of Strategy and pit lots to ensure I stayed on the black stuff, instead of managing wear. I was going to do a 4 stopper, but glad I did that extra practise on Sunday (without accidents) to see that the tyres were still OK on lap 7 or 8, so decided on a 3 stopper. Also managed to sneak into the 32's during this session.
    Still I felt I didn't have a chance of a podium, not with this crowd...

Qual - NOTE - Our qually had tyre wear but we didn't want to re-run qually, so kept it as is.
    Blew myself away with a 32.5, a PB only 0.050 from first (without slip)
    I couldn't believe that I qualled front row, normally I'm crap at qually. Maybe I have a chance if I just keep it clean and do a @pat65 and steal @incey slipstream for the first few laps

Race
    Got off the line :) :rolleyes:
    Managed to keep up with Incey and even poke my nose up the inside and outside a few times over the first few laps, when Incey went wide at the long left and I had a crackin' line and zoomed past for first.
    I looked back half a lap later and Incey had dropped further back and @VARDZ was on the prowl. I knew given his and the normal front runners pace that I would need to just keep it on the black stuff, but also fast. So I focused the hardest I've likely focused on this game and didn't look at anything other than the track.
    I knew my strat, so pitted on 7 for new boots and a tiny splash of juice, thanks Incey :D
    However I didn't put enough in for the strategy I had in mind (8 laps instead of 7), didn't think much of it and just swapped the 8 and 7 lap stints.
    To my amazement the gap to 2nd just kept on growing.
    On my last pit, I came out just behind Vardz, who I had been watching his pits stops knew he had to make 1 more. A lap later, he pulls over for his final pit stop just as I was catching him.

After that, I just continued to keep my nose tidy and attempted to get FL, but Incey had that sown up.
    Stoked to have finally gotten another win, especially with this very fast division.

Kudos to @Chatwin and @Watto64 on their Podium finishes.
    See you all next week for the enduro!!
  17. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Fuel usage actually, so we started outmon full tanks. Apologies all.

Well done on the win Johnno.
    Matthyus likes this.
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Yes what you said :(
    Seriously, my grasp of the English language...
  19. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Morning Roozers - Enduro round this weekend - Early start? I'm keen if others are
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    Maybe if you'd turned the afterburners off your rocket I would have caught you :laugh:
    Xtr3meNZer, Matthyus and Easyprey007 like this.