GT Sport Season 12 Car Vote Preliminaries

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, May 25, 2020.

?

Season 12 Preliminary Car Vote - Top 5 going through to final round (multiple selections allowed)

Poll closed Jun 4, 2020.
  1. Mazda Roadster Touring Car

50.0%
  2. Lexus LC500 2017

17.9%
  3. Nissan Motul Autech GT-R 2016

39.3%
  4. Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG 4Matic 2013

10.7%
  5. Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 2010

42.9%
  6. Ford GT40 Mark I 1966

25.0%
  7. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior 2014

26.8%
  8. RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

33.9%
  9. Mini Cooper 'S' 1965

17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    The suggestion thread has thrown up quite a few cars, so we need to narrow down our search.

We will use the break between seasons to fit in 5 practice races so we will use the top 5 of 9 cars from this vote.
    This vote will end on Thursday 4/6.

7/6 - Practice Race 1
    14/6 - Practice Race 2
    21/6 - Practice Race 3
    28/6 - Practice Race 4
    5/7 - Practice Race 5
    ^Following this the final car vote will go live for 5 days containing the 5 cars practiced. The vote will be via points system. You can order the 5 cars in preference and they receive 5 points for 1st priority, 4pts for 2nd, 3pts 3rd etc. BUT you only have to list the cars you want (as to not give points to cars you don't)
    12/7 - season setup including divisions and teams will be ongoing so this sunday is free for a community event (shenanigans or otherwise)
    19/7 - meet n greet S12

Here are your possibilities in this preliminary vote: (If you prefer a different power/weight other than 100% or what is specified please comment)
    Mazda Roadster Touring Car (12 Suggestions+Likes) (If you choose this car, please comment with preferred tyre choices and wear rates)
    Lexus LC500 2017 (8) (SM/SS) (If you choose this car, please comment with wear rates)
    Nissan Motul Autech GT-R 2016 (6) (RH/RM/RS, tyres x5, fuel x6)
    Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG 4Matic 2013 (6) (SS/SM , Tyres/Fuel x1)
    Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 2010 (6) (602hp 1100kg , RM/RS , tyres x6 , fuel x2)
    Ford GT40 Mark I 1966 (6) (SS/SH) (If you choose this car, please comment with wear rates)
    Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior 2014 (5) (If you choose this car, please comment with preferred tyre choices and wear rates)
    RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 (5) (CH/CM) (If you choose this car, please comment with wear rates)
    Mini Cooper 'S' 1965 (5) (CS) (If you choose this car, please comment with wear rates)
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Whatever tyres are on any of the cars I voted for are going to be destroyed with anything other than wear off.
    Matthyus, Hatfield and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think I'd want a bit more power in the mazda tc or mini than 100%
    Max Gassit, MONSTAR and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    130% power for the Mazda if it gets up
    seth123 and VARDZ like this.
  5. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

On another note has any driven the older Nissan Super GT Car from 08?
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Mazda Roadster TC - full power and weight upgrades if on racing compounds, otherwise maybe 150% power, 90% weight on Sport compounds. 3x fuel and tyres on racing compounds, 2x on sports.

Update - depending on how low tyre rates shake out, I'd consider a mandatory pit stop.
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  7. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

Nissan Motul Autech GT-R 2016 (6) (RH/RM/RS, tyres x5, fuel x6)

I never put in tyre wear/fuel rate on my post about this car, but wouldn't use RH, possibly not RM. Recon RSS or RS.

Last 2/3 rounds have been about stupid tyre wear and fuel saving strategy's which I think I few have hated. If the car was picked would want it to be more about racing with limited tyre wear (still some) with most likely a force pit.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Porsche 911 Carerra RS CS (993) is another suggestion
    FlaccidFox likes this.
  9. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Just some general thoughts, I think we would all agree we would prefer close racing over strategy, a strategy can mix it up a little but generally, the quickest guy would mostly win. I'm thinking of Minimal tire wear and fuel.

Mazda TC - Probably needs a little more power but does have good balance and would be great for close racing
    Lexus, Handles pretty good for a road car. Lots of body roll and sounds like something dying
    Nissan SGT '16 Pretty solid car. Good grip and power, not sure if it would be great for racing and lots of on-throttle understeer. 08 version of it is really good as an alternative

Aston Martin, I think is too similar to the current car just with more grip, not a bad car though
    Ford GT40 was like 3 mill so never bought it
    RB Junior small and well-handled car for close racing
    RE Amemiya RX7 - Amazing car, good balance. and can't just smash the throttle like some of the other cars
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Agree with most of that except when you say "I think we would all agree" :p
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI car suggestions are finished, and the list above is where the Season 12 car will come from, so save other suggestions for S13
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I don't think we have all agreed on anything before.
  13. FlaccidFox

FlaccidFox Rookie

i'll second @UrsineSaturn9 suggestion of the Porsche 911 RS CS. someone on the satellite discord posted a video of them testing it the other night and the close racing was epic. i think the sweet spot is N300-400 road or tuned cars. they have low aero and accommodating driving styles to allow the field to be compressed. racing cars in GT handle like RC cars.

14. FlaccidFox

FlaccidFox Rookie

:(
  15. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Mazda TC Max Power Min Weight SH Wear TBC

DBR9 100 100 RS/RM Wear TBC

GT40 100 100 SS/SH Wear TBC

RX7 100 100 SS/SH Wear TBC

Mini Cooper Max Power Min Weight SH Wear TBC
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    :( You snooze you lose. What were you saying before about no one agreeing to anything?
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Looks like it wont be a road car then.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we won't know until we have the practice races and the final vote goes up
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    After doing some laps at a few tracks:
    MX-5 TC: Easy to drive brakes are pretty bad though, would have close racing.
    Lexus LC500: Probably the best road car I've driven on this game, very smooth to drive and brakes are good, wears consistently.
    GT-R Gr.2: Fast & handles good, Neutral handling wears good, not sure about how good it would be to battle there is going to be dirty air.
    DBR9: This car is rubbish, too understeery even on soft tyres, not many tracks suitable for this car.
    RE AMEMIYA RX-7: This car drifts everywhere, rear tyre wear is extreme, not a fan of rear tyre wear makes you drive on Egg Shells.
  20. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Interesting comment about the Rx7. I had a few small slides but nothing extreme
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.