GT Sport Season 12 Car Vote Preliminaries

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, May 25, 2020.

?

Season 12 Preliminary Car Vote - Top 5 going through to final round (multiple selections allowed)

Poll closed Jun 4, 2020.
  1. Mazda Roadster Touring Car

50.0%
  2. Lexus LC500 2017

17.9%
  3. Nissan Motul Autech GT-R 2016

39.3%
  4. Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG 4Matic 2013

10.7%
  5. Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 2010

42.9%
  6. Ford GT40 Mark I 1966

25.0%
  7. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior 2014

26.8%
  8. RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

33.9%
  9. Mini Cooper 'S' 1965

17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    TBH it would be nothing more than a Community event run mid week. The community will do a season in a road cars but only every so often, this is the list of cars used since GT6.
    Gran Turismo 6:
    S1 (S14): Subaru BRZ GT300 '12
    S2 (S15): McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '95
    S3 (S16): Mazda Roadster Touring Car '89
    S4 (S17): Pozzi MotorSports Camaro RS '73
    S5 (S18): Mazda RX-7 Touring Car '02
    S6 (S19): Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12
    S7 (S20): Subaru IMPREZA GT300 '08
    S8 (S21): Peugeot 908 HDi FAP '10*
    S9 (S22): Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11*
    S10 (S23): Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
    S11 (S24): Honda HSV-010 GT500 '12
    S12 (S25): Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car '11
    S13 (S26): Light Car Company Rocket '07
    S14 (S27): Various GT300's

Gran Turismo Sport:
    S1 (S28) Porsche 911 RSR (991) ‘17
    S2 (S29) Ford Mustang Gr.4 ‘17
    S3 (S30) Lexus RC F GT500 ‘16
    S4 (S31) Toyota S-FR RACING CONCEPT 2016
    S5 (S32) Nissan R92CP 1992
    S6 (S33) Renault Sport MEGANE TROPHY 2011
    S7 (S34) Fittipaldi Motors EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina
    S8 (S35) Volkswagen BEETLE GR.3
    S9 (S36) Ferrari 458 Gr.4
    S10 (S37) SF19 Toyota
    S11 (S38) Renault RS 01 Gr. X
  2. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Has every ROOZ season had tire wear? The only reason I ask is I feel like the majority of field spread comes from pitting? I'm just thinking if we hypothetically ran the Mazda TC minimal tire wear could be better for just some flat out racing?
  3. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Most motorsport series have tyre wear
  4. FlaccidFox

FlaccidFox Rookie

pit stops arent the cause. poor fuel and tyre management are. races are 45min'ish long. pit stops are part of that. shortening the time spent stationary is a key part of getting the shortest race time.

if those who are good at managing fuel and tyres dont have to, how much quicker do you think they're going to be?

the only way you're ever going to compress the field is turning on boost
  5. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

I actually think fuel hurt the most the last 2 season's. Myself like a few others are heavy fuel users. While others were much better at saving fuel.

I could be Infront of someone and due to needing a extra 3/4/5 secs off fuel would end up behind with a gap to close.

I know the ppl that save fuel/tyres do a great job and deserve that spot and have worked hard to work out the correct strategy etc. I also know I needa improve (tuning could help with this but ppl don't like tuning for some reason), but it did make my interest in this season go away at the end.. I felt I was always on the backfoot and there was no point.

Others might disagree, but would be nice to have a season where fuel means nothing and there's only minimal tyre wear with possible a force pitstop.
    Or open up tuning to give ppl a chance to tune the car to suit there driving styles.
    incey likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Imagine playing COD and trying to save bullets. This is how this season felt to me
    Matthyus likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I prefer going out and just spraying myself everywhere...
    Steve Neilson and incey like this.
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90

Tuning series
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/series-2020-raceonoz-world-endurance-tour-w-e-t.3918/
    JonoStan96 and Viperzed like this.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    we had Minimal Tyre wear on the Mclaren F1 GTR season in GT6(because there was a pit glitch at the time) racing was ok, but I think it was more car specific on why it wasn't the best.
  11. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

I remember the Renault series had no fuel or tyre issues. Think forced pitstops were used.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Mclaren season was different where we didnt need to pit at all.
  13. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I think tuning would just add a huge amount of practice time required each week. No fuel or tyres would suit me as I love to burn both but it does add an extra level of challenge
  14. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Do the tyre and fuel rates need to be set the same for the whole season? Can it vary round to round, some high, some low?
  15. FlaccidFox

FlaccidFox Rookie

i dont think you heavy users quite get that in a season without fuel and tyre burns, the guys who can compete while saving are going to have a massive advantage when they no longer have to. and it's nothing to do with just the wear rates. it's the more delicate and precise driving styles that dont abuse and overheat the tyres that gain the biggest advantages. regardless of wear, if you bomb the car into every apex your fronts are going to hurt. if you light it up out of every corner the rears will hurt. pick any car and any wear rates, the guys who can adapt are always going to be on top
  16. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

The way you talk you make it sound Like this is iRacing or Assetto Corsa or some realistic game. I regret mentioning or asking anything at this point the sole purpose to ask is if we went with the Mazda, I guess my idea is just going back to basics, simple easy cars to drive that is good for racing and not having to worry about any strategic stuff, it helps the slower guys solely focus on learning and driving the car, thus hopefully meaning a more competitive grid.
    incey likes this.
  17. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

What flaccid said is correct. But then the other side of the coin. Ppl that are heavier on a stock car might not be on a tuned car. So you could say certain ppl have a unfair advantage.

If u want strategy, tire and fuel wear then maybe it's time to even the playing field and if ppl want to, let them adjust the car to their driving style.

Or Murphy's idea and scrap the tire/fuel strat side of it.. personally I'd vote for scraping it.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We will not be enabling tuning :)
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    If this was true you'd be a lot higher in the qually rankings yes?
    FlaccidFox likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    he didn't say 'me' at all did he?
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.