GT Sport Season 12 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Lights flash when TC is activated.
    Pubs16 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  2. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    That 2nd place was pretty unexpected.
    Qualified in 4th which was also a surprise, historically I start near the back when the Nord is involved.
    Went 2-2-1 on strategy 1st was pretty uneventful, had a couple of looks at Mr Emmo but nothing too serious, @Matthyus spun out that promoted me to 3rd.
    Pitted and I had saved a smudge more fuel than @emmo46 and twice as much as @pat65 & @incey but due to them running the 2-1-2 I came out behind as they only needed to refuel for 1 lap. Got past Incey early on the GP section & pat was next after he touched the grass and found himself with a face full of barrier early into the Nord section. Emmo was next and was going to be hard to pass him, made a move stick around the outside eventually and just started to build the gap until I needed to pit for my mediums.
    Came out of my last stop just under 6 seconds in front of @UrsineSaturn9 & emmo who were now both on softs. They slowly chipped away at my gap but fortunately despite not getting the best exit out onto the main straight they didn't get inside the important 0.8 seconds to receive slipstream so I was able to hold on to second.
    Congrats on your win @Xtr3meNZer pretty much untouchable all night:thumbsup:
    kiwinado, Apex_64, incey and 3 others like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    reminder that next Sundays sprint round is SOFTS only, mediums not required
  4. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Thanks for the clarification, we were discussing this in the room after the race.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Nice drive @Kieran_B33, I was 0.95 seconds behind at start of back straight. Another 2 tenths and maybe both Emmo and I would have had you. As it turned out, I was defenceless against Emmo overtaking me finished 4th, with P2, 3 and 4 all within a second.
    Apex_64, Matthyus, kiwinado and 3 others like this.
  6. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Just goes to show that though this track can be eventful, and fraught with danger, you can still pull out a very close race. Well done to you guys. I was only one spin away from you guys catching up :)
    Apex_64, Matthyus, kiwinado and 2 others like this.
  7. kiwinado

kiwinado Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    kiwinado
    Congrats all on the race especially @Kieran_B33 holding it down for BHR. Was definitely a race I'd sooner forget, just didn't know the track well enough and kept making small/ large errors throughout the night. Just wasn't enough time to learn the green hell in the week haha. Onto the next. Will make a highlight video of it, but of everyone this time as it will be just a spinning montage from my perspective :D:cry:
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I did the spin for you :(
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Looking forward to the highlights vid, the last one was awesome!
    Xtr3meNZer and kiwinado like this.
  10. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Agreed!
  11. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    Came out in qually and managed to take 3 seconds off my PB lap form during the week so definitely happy with 7th. The race itself had plenty of action, the highlights being a 4 way slipstream battle on Lap 1 with Burgo, CAGME and Kiwinado I think it was. Absolutely hysterical fun and plenty of rubbing but all clean. I had a quiet few laps in the middle stint, tried too hard in a few places so a few offs cost me. In the end that final lap between @COME_AND_GET_ME7 was bloody epic, firstly the battle around the back "straight" and secondly on the real back straight and into the final corners - safe to say I've never gone side by side at 240km/h heading into the chute at the end of the lap before. In the end I outbraked myself and ran wide giving 9th to CAGME. Cheers to everyone last night who I had a run with, great clean racing and great to be back.
  12. kiwinado

PSN ID
    kiwinado
    Just gone through the replay. Some awesome battles all the way through, right up to the finish line. Great stuff div 3!
  13. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    Max im assuming it was me you are talking about. i dont flash lights at people so calm down and realise like everyone else that the bumps in the track make it look that way. looking at the replay from cockpit view you were giving the old high beams a workout after all 3 of us came together :thumbsup:
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Come on guys! Kiss and make up! :inlove: All this bickering in the forums doesn't look too flash! ;)
  15. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I'm just going to put this here, and all other threads - a bit of an example of keeping a cool head at the time, and to look back on any problems with perspective. Instead of ruining your race by something you thought has happened - always look forward, try to keep that cool head and carry on. We're lucky enough to be able to have the possibility of a replay, in which we can see all angles of any incidents.

Some of you may have already read/seen this story, but I think it's relevant within our community, and within our racecraft.

This is not aimed at ANYONE so don't take it that way, I just think it's worth a read to all our racers. Sorry if I've stepped on any toes putting this out there.

The Cookie Thief

A woman was waiting at an airport for her hours long flight. Since her flight was delayed, she had several hours on her hand. So, she went to airport shops and bought a book and bag of cookies. She took a seat next to a man and started to read the book she had bought. While she was engrossed in her book, she happened to see, that the man sitting beside her boldly grabbed a cookie from the cookie bag. She ignored the incident to avoid a scene.
    She munched some cookies from the bag and went back to her book. But the man seemed to have enjoyed the cookies way too much, he took some more cookies from the bag and started munching it.
    By the passing time she was getting more and more irritated as the cookie thief finished her cookie stock. Every time she took a cookie from the bag, he took one. When the last cookies was left, the man nervously took that cookie and broke it in half . he offered the other half to the lady and smiled. The lady snatched the other half of the cookie from his and thought, “this guy has some nerve that even after eating a half bag of my cookies, he didn’t show any gratitude.”
    She had been so galled by the man, and was relieved when her flight was called. She gathered her belongings and headed to the gate, refusing to look back at the thieving ingrate. She boarded the plane and sat in her seat reading her book. She reached her hand in her baggage, she was surprised to find a bag full of cookies in it.
    If my cookies are here, she moaned in despair, the other one which she was eating from were his, and he tried to share. While she was flushed with anger about her cookies , the man was happily sharing his cookie with her. She was filled with the feeling of guilt and regret. But, It was too late to apologize.

Moral: Things are not always as they appear.Do not Judge. It is just a matter of perspective sometimes.
    incey and kiwinado like this.
  16. kiwinado

PSN ID
    kiwinado
    pat65, Xtr3meNZer, Chatwin and 4 others like this.
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Matthyus and kiwinado like this.
  18. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    Bloody well done mate. That is epic! I don't think I've ever had more fun on GT Sport than I did bump drafting with you, CAGME and Burgo on Lap 1
    Matthyus and kiwinado like this.
  19. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Another class video, well done Kiwinado!
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield