GT Sport Season 12 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    @shane is dragonfly11. he was there
    T F Eccles likes this.
  2. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  3. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Thanks @Kieran_B33, and apologies to @shane. Nice to have met you.
  4. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    That's good to hear!
  5. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Yay!!
    How'd it get fixed?
  6. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Dean used his mobile hotspot and its made things work :)
    Matthyus likes this.
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Ah, so a workaround, not a fix.
    Nice working together to resolve though. Let's hope that the mobile data doesn't mess with deans connection.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  8. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

No lag or other issues in my room last night, so fingers crossed...
    Matthyus likes this.
  9. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    It won't. Mobile data is more consistent than hardwired connections because of the high public volume demand. Unless Dean lives really far from his nearest tower there should be no issues. We used to recommend 4G hotspotting to members at Thrillhouse because it provided a more reliable connection, resolved all member incompatibility, and was consistent - connection wouldn't stutter when families using in peak hours.

You should probably be suggesting the same for any members who are incompatible. GT Sport only uses about 300-500kbps when in a race, and party audio is a fairly low bitrate as well. Data usage is quite low. Most guys would only report 50mb data used in a 2-3hr session. Just make sure to pause any downloads etc if you have a limited data plan.
    Matthyus likes this.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Cheers.
    I don't get quality phone signal regardless. Barely get 1 bar 4g and at best 2 to 3 bars 3g.
    But I'm happy they have managed to sort it out.
    There is another discussion there in cabled vs wireless but I'll leave this at that.
    Mezign likes this.
  11. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Very rarely is the issue of players server incompatibility solved through wireless or cable. Connection strength yes, but not when two parties have consistent difficulties with only each other. That derives from the providers themselves. The only solution is for one party to attempt to use a different provider.
    Matthyus likes this.
  12. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Weirdest part is that we have exactly the same provider!:unsure:
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Coming from an Enterprise IT setting, with needing to support 1k+ individual computers and 3 separate sites the difference cabled vs wireless is chalk and cheese.
    I also agree with your point.
    I'm also not a fan of little boutique ISPs. Gimme a well known and robust ISP anyday...that isn't Telstra :D
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 1: Tsukuba - 44 Laps - 12:00 - 26/7
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 12!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Be careful with the run-off on the exit of T12.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Sports Mediums (mandatory) & Sports Softs

PIT ENTRY :
    Please make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. Failure to do so, where an incident/impede is caused, will have consequences
    PIT EXIT :
    Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching out of T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let them know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    Anders, Buster_Danis, Ozglenn and 7 others like this.
  15. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    For those not aware, DO NOT hit the pit lane entry sign. It is not made of polystyrene, but vibranium. You'll bounce off it or stop dead and won't be able to enter the pits.
    [​IMG]
    Avoid this.
    Pubs16, Kieran_B33, Hatfield and 4 others like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Just a quick reminder (or information for those who were unaware)

When running Raceonoz/ROOZ or team (SAR/BHR/SR/etc) lobbies, we are firstly a community. So we don't kick other rooz members from our lobbies (unless they are not following site guidelines eg threats etc)

If this occurs, we may be forced to abandon the teams championship, which I wouldn't like to see happen
    T F Eccles and Kieran_B33 like this.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    With @Kieran_B33 moving to D3, we need another backup host. Anyone able to help out?
  18. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I have Good cable and can help out if needed
    Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  19. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Div4 Round 1 Results
    Qualification

[​IMG]

Race Results
    [​IMG]
    • Buster_Danis - DSC lap 6 - Wheel issues
    • Steve also had wheel issues, parked up
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
  20. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Wow!, what an opening race. Thanks Div 4 for a clean and close race. Kudos to @ControllaGod and @Robbo_77 for giving me room to pass under blue flags (first time for me).

I put it on pole with about 3mins to go. Off to a good start in P1, held off @DeanK for 2 laps or so, then he got passed by @Slartybar who quickly caught me up. I figured not worth arguing over this early so l gave hime room at the final turn on lap 4 (?). Followed in his wake and we slowly put a gap to 3rd. Soon @Bluemoon was catching fast but must had an issue as he dropped back. Went for the undercut and pitted on lap 23 before Slarty had. Fresh SS and fuel to the end, came out in 5th. Got past 5th then as others pitted found myself in 1st. Got my head down grinding out low 1:02s and keeping the gap to Slarty to 1.8 to 2 secs during which I set the FL. On lap 42 he went for the undercut for the stint on SM but must have had some traffic as he came out 10secs behind. I pitted on lap 43 for my SMs and came out 2secs in front.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020