GT Sport Season 12 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 9, 2020.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yep, a Denial of Service attack on Telstra's DNS services. Seems people on other networks are OK or if you've configured your router to use other DNS e.g. Google's 8.8.8.8, then you're less affected. Telstra say they have it under control for the moment.
  2. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Done, sh$ts going to run to late. Sorry.
  3. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Steve parked up end of lap 1, DSC lap 4
    DJ, DSC lap 4
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  4. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Div 4 Round 2 Results
    Qualification
    (FYI had to use Set by Host)
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Steve_73_GOOF - parked up in pits end of lap 1, no fastest lap recorded
    DJ_KnK21 - DSC lap 4 - FL 11:06.526 (lap 2)
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    maccajack77 - FL 10:26.594 (lap 4)
  5. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Chocolates to boiled lollies for me this week. I knew going in it was going to be tricky. I chose the SS-SM-SS strategy of 2-1-2 before going in and stuck to it. Was happy to finish in the top 10 after qualifying 8th and only two of the 5 laps clean.
  6. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Practicing a couple of times during the week after sorting G29 issues, I was consistently doing mid to Late 9.30’s on SS. Yeah baby! bring on race day!
    Qualli:
    Had a shocker in qualli, spinning twice, somehow still managed what I thought was 8th on the grid, but started 9th due to more technical hiccups. (No drama, just glad to get on with the race!)
    Race:
    Had the confidence & pace to catch the front runners IF i stayed on the track. Well IF was the question that was answered loud n clear. Ahhh Nope!!!!
    Went for 2-1-2 strategy which was good in theory, but was too impatient on the fIrst lap, after a daring move on @DeanK at Adenauer Forst, that payed off, I eventually caught up to @Anders, Who left a gap going into the carousel which instantly closed as I put myself in it, turning him around & having to redress. That put me back to 9th. Made up places again, but things just went from bad to worse playing catch up, having numerous excursions on every lap there after.
    Shoulda, coulda, woulda been on the podium last night, but kept shooting myself in the foot!
    @Bluemoon you had huge pace on the SM’s so kudos to you!
    DeanK, ControllaGod, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  7. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Quite an eventful race on all accounts. I took a gamble on qualifying and starting on the mediums with a 1-2-2 strategy, surprisingly I had good pace on the opening lap with mediums.
    I remember overtaking @Buster_Danis a couple of times from his spins and mistakes but I also did the same which was my undoing too. I dont think I manged to put in one clean lap and the 5th place is a big win for me.
    Congrats to @Ozglenn for the win, quick in qualy and quick race pace
    Ozglenn, DeanK, ControllaGod and 3 others like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    reminder that next Sundays sprint round is SOFTS only, mediums not required
    Buster_Danis and Ozglenn like this.
  9. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Sprint round coming up this week. As Hatfield has reminded us above, only SS tyre required.
    For the new comers the format is 2 x 27 lap (~20 min) races, separated by a short break. Second race is reverse grid.

Also for the new comers (@Luk3yd06, @JZNINJA54 ), welcome BTW,
    • I generally try to have the room open at 7:45pm AEST.
    • The room will be named "RaceOnOz S12 D4 Rx" where x will equal the round number (3 this week).
    • At approx 8:10pm I switch it into Practice/Qualification/Race mode.
    • At 8:15pm I call for a sight check - this is where you jump into Spectator mode and ensure you can see every other driver, then post the number you see in the room chat.

To avoid issues like we had on Sunday, please
    • Accept my PSN friend request if you haven't done so already (@Luk3yd06) - you can then see the room under "Show rooms with friends only".
    • Be in the room no later than 8:15pm for the sight check. If you are going to be late, post a message here AND in the PSN room chat.
    Hopefully the Buster-Karki gremlins won't appear again - thanks to @Buster_Danis & @DeanK for jumping in and out of the room to get it sorted, frustrating as it is.
  10. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    I had the same strategy as you doinithe 1-2-2 you were a lot quicker then me I was slow all over but managed to keep it on the track mostly except for the last lap it was horrible 2 offs costing me about 17sec and a close finish with you but I'm happy with 6th as all my practice I was hard up going under 10.00.??? So thank God that's over and looking forward to next week
  11. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    Wasn't to risky I stuck right as I knew you were faster as I had meds on and didn't want to pressure myself having you screaming behind me lol...
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Thanks! I surprised myself as well, to be able to qualify 4th on SM! I guess slow and steady is key at the Ring.
    Tristan Jones and Buster_Danis like this.
  13. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I'm just going to put this here, and all other threads - a bit of an example of keeping a cool head at the time, and to look back on any problems with perspective. Instead of ruining your race by something you thought has happened - always look forward, try to keep that cool head and carry on. We're lucky enough to be able to have the possibility of a replay, in which we can see all angles of any incidents.

Some of you may have already read/seen this story, but I think it's relevant within our community, and within our racecraft.

This is not aimed at ANYONE so don't take it that way, I just think it's worth a read to all our racers. Sorry if I've stepped on any toes putting this out there.

The Cookie Thief

A woman was waiting at an airport for her hours long flight. Since her flight was delayed, she had several hours on her hand. So, she went to airport shops and bought a book and bag of cookies. She took a seat next to a man and started to read the book she had bought. While she was engrossed in her book, she happened to see, that the man sitting beside her boldly grabbed a cookie from the cookie bag. She ignored the incident to avoid a scene.
    She munched some cookies from the bag and went back to her book. But the man seemed to have enjoyed the cookies way too much, he took some more cookies from the bag and started munching it.
    By the passing time she was getting more and more irritated as the cookie thief finished her cookie stock. Every time she took a cookie from the bag, he took one. When the last cookies was left, the man nervously took that cookie and broke it in half . he offered the other half to the lady and smiled. The lady snatched the other half of the cookie from his and thought, “this guy has some nerve that even after eating a half bag of my cookies, he didn’t show any gratitude.”
    She had been so galled by the man, and was relieved when her flight was called. She gathered her belongings and headed to the gate, refusing to look back at the thieving ingrate. She boarded the plane and sat in her seat reading her book. She reached her hand in her baggage, she was surprised to find a bag full of cookies in it.
    If my cookies are here, she moaned in despair, the other one which she was eating from were his, and he tried to share. While she was flushed with anger about her cookies , the man was happily sharing his cookie with her. She was filled with the feeling of guilt and regret. But, It was too late to apologize.

Moral: Things are not always as they appear.Do not Judge. It is just a matter of perspective sometimes.
    Buster_Danis, DeanK and Peersy like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Brands Hatch Indy - 27 Laps x2 - 5:00 - 9/8 - Sprint Round
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 12!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Softs

PIT ENTRY :
    Please make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. Failure to do so, where an incident/impede is caused, will have consequences
    PIT EXIT :
    Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching out of T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let them know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

SPRINT ROUND : This round is the sprint round which consists of 2 half length races, the second being reverse grid based on results from the first. PLEASE BE ESPECIALLY CAREFUL with the second race with your overtakes and remember to redress incidents you cause. Points are allocated as normal for race 1 and then halved for race 2. These points are then added together and a round order is organised. This round order is then allocated championship points.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    shane, DirtyTomCo, Anders and 6 others like this.
  17. Slartybar

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Can you clarify track limits for T3 Graham Hill? There is the potential to run wide past the red and white markings and on the green mesh stuff but not the grass. Is this in or out? Seen a lot run wide here.
    DeanK likes this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    2 wheels on the ripple strip. When those you saw ran wide, did they gain advantage? or was the car upset and it slowed them down?
  19. Slartybar

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Understood. I don't think there is an advantage running wide there.:thumbsup:
  20. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    What's up with the Start and Finish locations on that track map?