GT Sport Season 12 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol just noticed, anyway, changed for a better map
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I think advantage can be gained on exit
    gtkingx likes this.
  3. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Definitely, you can carry quite a bit more speed through the corner if you run wide
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you can't feel your tyres rumbling on the ripple strip you are too wide.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Or using DS4 :p
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Ahhh!, I just tried it out during my lunch break. It sounds and feels the same when you're on the greenish hashed material. So definitely must keep two wheels on the red and white ripple strip.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    UrsineSaturn9 and gtkingx like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @DirtyTomCo is new to division 4
    @Luk3yd06 I've moved you to a reserve spot since you are not sure when you can jump in
    Luk3yd06 likes this.
  8. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    All good Hat thanks
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    You should stay off the greenish hash during your lunch break! :whistling::sick:
    Matthyus, Xtr3meNZer and Luk3yd06 like this.
  10. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @DirtyTomCo welcome to ROOZ and Div4. Please make sure you accept my PSN friend request, it will aid in seeing the race room on Sunday night. As this is your first time with us, please try and be in the room from about 8pm to ensure we can sort any connection issues should they arise.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  11. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

May not make the race tonight as family commitments have arisen once again.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  13. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    Hey guys I'll try to hop on tonight dont expect anything crazy ill start last just to stay out of everyone's way and see what I can do
  14. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Div 4 Round 3

Qualification

[​IMG]

Race 1 Results & Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Steve_73_GOOF - DSC Lap 11 - FL: 0:51.686
    Suhdudes456 - DSC Lap 13 - FL: 0:52.196

Race 2 Grid
    [​IMG]

Race 2 Results & Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DJ_KnK21 - DSC Lap 4 - FL: 1:00.316
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 4: Red Bull Ring Short - 47 Laps - 16:15 - 16/8
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 12!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    During qualifying PITS ARE CLOSED

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Turns to watch out for are, wide entry, cutting and running wide at T1, wide entry and running wide at T5, and cutting and running wide at T6

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Mediums (mandatory) & Sports Softs

PIT ENTRY :
    Please make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. Failure to do so, where an incident/impede is caused, will have consequences
    PIT EXIT :
    Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching out of T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let them know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    DirtyTomCo, shane, Anders and 8 others like this.
  16. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    Can't come guys gotta practice for my main category
  17. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Div 4 Round 4
    Quali
    [​IMG]
    Results
    [​IMG]
    Steve_73_GOOF - DSC Lap 10 - FL 57.538
    DirtyTomCo - DSC - Lap 20 - 58.013

Timings
    [​IMG]
    Buster_Danis, DeanK, Matthyus and 3 others like this.
  18. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Apologies for the room issues tonight. Connections issues, over which I have no control and am only able to react to, caused us to switch to Grid Set by Host. In my haste to set the grid to made an error in setting the order for which I apologise unreservedly to @shane.

Given my own woeful efforts tonight on track and the room issues I'm considering my future as this is after all, just a game.
  19. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Finally a race where I stayed on track & didn’t punt anyone! Stoked to get a podium finish.
    Came under Immense pressure from both @shane & @Bluemoon, but survived those challenges as they both had wobbles trying to get past.
    Congrats to @Ozglenn & @Slartybar who were way too quick tonight.:thumbsup:
    Commiserations to @DeanK who was let down by strategy & a slow getaway by the looks of it.
    Slartybar, Matthyus and DeanK like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Ozglenn @Bluemoon you think you guys could have a go next week to give feccles a break please?
    T F Eccles, Matthyus and DeanK like this.