GT Sport Season 12 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 9, 2020.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Echoing the discussion over in the Div 3 forum, beware the pit entry and exits for this round. Be especially careful exiting the pits, you must stay in the marked lane with all 4 wheels. The exit literally puts you into the T1 apex. As suggested in the D3 forum, give a shout on the party chat as you exit (if you're in the chat).
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  2. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Not in , see you at retro round.
  3. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I dunno if I'm getting baited on an inside joke, but there are no lines at Alsace. o_O
    DeanK likes this.
  4. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Hmmmm you might be right @Mezign
    [​IMG]
    DeanK likes this.
  5. SirDids72

SirDids72 Rookie

PSN ID
    SirDids72
    Gday lads, newbie here just needing to clarify a few things.
    *if the room opens at say 7.50pm, and qualifying starts at 8.20pm, when does practise mode start and finish.
    *with tyres, do you have to start with mediums? then able to change to soft during a pit?
    *how are penalties awarded if the they are OFF in the game?
    I will continue to do more reading so I’m across as much as I can before the race.
    Cheers in advance.

DeanK and Matthyus like this.
  6. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Once qualifying is about to start, the room is reset - usually twice, then all go for the qualifying - this resets all the previous times.

Which ever tyre you qualify on is what you start on - pits are closed during qualifying, so no change of tyre is available.

Penatlies are awarded after the race if a protest is lodged - so during the race there is no live penalty - but if you are the cause of an accident, say you brake late, side swipe someone and they end up turning around because of it, you are expected to redress - which means wait until they are front - if this means you are now at the back of the pack, that is what happens. When something like this occurs and you don't redress and keep driving, that is when a protest can be lodged, and you could be penalised post race - usually resulting in point loss
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    SirDids72, DeanK and Matthyus like this.
  7. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    To add to what Xtreme has mentioned.
    Practise - There will be quite a few rooms open well and truly before the Main lobbies open up. You are free to enter these practise rooms. They may be 'open' to all or closed to friends only. This could be a deciding factor in not being able to see a room.
    SirDids72 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  9. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Send friend requests to as many different rooz members as you can, this will open up lots more practice rooms for you. It's also useful to watch the drivers who are faster than you to see where they are making up time, or where you're losing it
    SirDids72 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  10. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Welcome @Shane Attard.

We've been using a combination of Practice/Race and Practice/Qualification/Race modes this season. I usually host, and have the room open at about 7:45pm in Practice/Race mode so that practice reflects race conditions i.e. tyre and fuel wear are active. At about 8:10pm I switch the room to Practice/Qualification/Race mode with tyre wear on but fuel OFF. Then at 8:20pm we start quali for 10mins then automatically go into the race.

@Xtr3meNZer covered off tyres neatly above.

We essentially run an honesty system here. You are expected to remain within track limits as outlined in the ROOZ rules of your on accord. If you abuse track limits repeatedly, expect to be penalised.
    Drive competitively and respectfully, give room, redress where you've caused someone else to go off etc. If you feel like you've been wronged, hold your tongue and put a protest in after the race.

As your new, get into the room early so that we can sort any connection issues out as soon as possible. It's not unknown for two driver in a lobby of 16 to have issues seeing each other and causing issue at race start. We'll also have a PSN party chat open, so if you have a headset and mic, jump in, say hello etc.

A general run down is...
    • 7:50pm - drivers start to arrive, exchange greetings, get some practice in.
    • 8:10pm - room into quali mode, get some quali practice in
    • 8:15pm - Sight Check - here you jump into Spectator mode, make sure you see all the other drivers the post the number you can see into the room text chat.
    • 8:20pm - qualification
    • 8:30pm - Race!
    • ~45 mins later, race end. Save your replay.
    Good luck on Sunday.
  11. SirDids72

SirDids72 Rookie

PSN ID
    SirDids72
    Thanks mate. Appreciate the help. Can’t wait for tomorrow night.
    DeanK and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  12. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    I'm not gonna make it to tonight's race.
  13. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 6 Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield, Xtr3meNZer and Matthyus like this.
  14. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Great racing tonight Div 4, I don't think there was any untoward incidents, only self-induced offs. The opening laps were close, I had close racing with @Buster_Danis and @Ozglenn. Once I passed Glenn I, while I extended the gap back to him I couldn't catch the leading pair. Well done to @DeanK on smartly saving fuel behind @shane to enable you pass him "in the pits".
  15. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    Thanks guys pretty boring race for me no passes or battles @shane was to way too quick there was no way I was catching him even if I wanted to so I just stuck to my strategy and paid off.
    Thanks for another week of clean racing :thumbsup:
  16. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Was a good battle there for the first few laps until Toto came on the radio n said “tfeccles Is faster than you” ....so I did the right thing for the sake of the team!;)
    Thoroughly enjoyable race. Once again I gained from others misfortune as I certainly wasn’t all that fast out there. Had a ding dong battle with bitsamissin_77 Until he pitted at the end of lap 20 for his SM tyres.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  17. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    A race to forget for me. I'm not familiar with the track and only did a couple of practice laps one night in the week. I knew I was off the pace and chose to start on the mediums as I wouldn't be up there in qualifying. Pitted after the first lap and selected mediums again! After this faux pas I pitted for the softs but was 30s off the lead.
    I managed to put in a mid 1:11 lap as FL which was still way off. I have an issue with my brake pedal registering inputs because of dodgy potentiometers which may have been a reason or not for my slow pace. Also had a few drinks earlier in the day which probably explained the mistakes I made.
    Hoping I can make this a drop round and looking forward to Laguna to turned it around.

Congrats to the podium getters and @tfeccles back to challenging again
  18. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. Robbo_77

Robbo_77 New Recruit

PSN ID
    bitsamissin_77
    Yeah it was a good one mate enjoyed it alot
    Buster_Danis likes this.