GT Sport Season 13 - Championship Tables

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Matthyus, Nov 4, 2020.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    no idea, i'm just trying to understand it
    Div 2 driver in room 2 (x) gets pole in his room and div 2 driver in room 3 (y) gets pole, X gets the point?
    D2 driver in room 2 gets 58s lap for second place behind d1 driver. d2 driver in rm 3 gets pole with a 59s lap. point goes to?
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Hmm.
    Hadn't considered to use the qually times to determine pole.
    It can only be given IF qualification mode is used and times are shared. If Practice mode is used then awarding based off of times won't work.
    I just went off the highest position for a division racer like we've done in the past.
    Thoughts @Hatfield

Using the current model of highest division racer earns pole, the room 2 racer would be awarded pole.
    However if we changed who got pole to fastest time for that division via the qualification times, then it would be that person (the fastest) who earns pole. No matter the division or room.

Worth discussing and looking into.
    incey likes this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Suggestion: ditch the pole point for these regs
    CAB77 and gtkingx like this.
  4. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    That is also an option.
    Saves me work.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    let's do that then lol
    I've been so busy with real world stuff I haven't even looked at the teams tables too
    Dybo and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Done!!
    I'll fix them all up next week.
    Keeping FL though?
    Same ruling applies? Fastest for division across any room?
    Dybo likes this.
  7. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    FL is fine in my view as that is data that we already grab anyway and should be rewarded regardless of room. Pole is just too messy though with divisions straddling different rooms and no way to easily get all the qually times out of GTS
    Dybo likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yep
    Matthyus and Dybo like this.
  9. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    :inlove::laugh:;)
    Matthyus likes this.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  11. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Man, how do I figure out my stats for this season? P2 in room for the round, P4 for division with two of the drivers ahead of me in points for the round 16s and 30s behind in race time. Good racing, but the div2-div5 championships aren't very meaningful
  12. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I'm still not right in Div 3 lol. @Matthyus This must be doing your head in.
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I even paid special attention to make sure I added you and put in your details... FML
    I feel I have a grip of your confusion.

At this point in time, I've done the championship charts based on race results with preference to the higher division, not race time. Should it be race time?
    I can look at this better at work.
    CAB77 likes this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Perhaps race time, or even race time + room penalty of, say, 5-10 seconds, rather than infinite seconds as it is now. Eg. 45:00 in room 3 places ahead of 45:11 in room 2, but still behind 45:09 in room 2 (using a 10 second room penalty as an example. Even 10s might be too much)
    CAB77 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    keep it room based, don't do tables of total times as those in different rooms didn't race against each other. Someone in a lower room shouldn't be able to score higher than someone in a higher room especially if they didn't physically pass them on track.
    The driver in a higher room did better the round prior to get there so they deserve the extra points
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  16. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I stand by the fact that it should be everybody's goal to get into div 1, and this season rewards that.
    Ian Cannan, xlxy90 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    You say room, do you mean as it has been done?
    Using Room 2 as an example, 2 racers were racing in Room 1 and as per the current model, were rewarded with points that matched their finishing position in Room 1, which far exceeded the points earnt by the Room 2 podium winners.
    Those points earnt go towards their Div championship title chances.

IMO, On the flip side, with soooo many quality 'D1' racers, it is likely that some of those D1 racers will end up in Room 2, preventing a solid D2 racer from being able to snag that rare chance to get into Room 1 to earn those extra points the faster lads are able to get. It creates an inbalance or skews the results faster towards the racers that are able to cross Room lines.
    But this is a problem that is created by only having 16 racers in a room... Nothing new here really.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how you have done it is exactly correct :thumbsup:

The idea should be that those extra couple of drivers who can regularly get into room 1 and then drop back down should probably be classified as div 1 so their results are not on the div 2 table

We can visit other ways to do this if need be for next season
  19. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I'm ok with the way it is this season with points being room based. I would like it changed or maybe it can be voted on for next season if we are to keep this system. I understand the fact that you never passed the guy you are racing but is that any different to a time trial. To me this is just time trial racing. I feel drivers should be punished in the week they race poorly and rewarded the week they race well. Having 14 spins does not mean you still beat the rooms below you. As having blinding pace in the last race gives no rewards. No chance to gain any points. Kind of a dull way to end the championship. To me the only way locked room scoring works is if there was qual every week to decide the room. Which is not going to happen. No one has time for that.

Happy to agree to disagree on this point. Maybe we can make a provision that 1st in room 2 isn't locked to 17th. If only 10 drivers finish then it can be 11th for room 2 and so on down the line.
    Matthyus and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I might not be div 1, but I'm trying to do the mental maths now to figure out if I get a run in room 1 next round. :confused:
    Peersy likes this.