GT Sport Season 13 Room 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 5, 2020.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Maybe I was unclear, it is not the ROOZ limits that are inconsistent, it is the adherence to them (and subsequent enforcement since it is a difficult and laborious task). I didn't even realise I was exceeding track limits myself until I went back and checked the replay. In game system gives you immediate feedback, and yes, you need to relearn where those limits are
    Max Gassit likes this.
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Which is why I think it should be a clear cut penalty for all 4 wheels over the limit (unless of course you spun or went off the tarmac, obviously losing time, and on lap 1 when everyone is in a group and you have to take evasive action). No leniency because "he was close", all this does is provide more confusion on what you can and can't get away with. What Hatfield has said about the 3 strikes rule is great and I think that it should be implemented for every season from now on. Dirty air isn't an excuse for running wide, we should all know that you have to slow down more for a corner when you have less grip.
    Max Gassit, Xtr3meNZer and gtkingx like this.
  3. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    It's my belief that if you step too far outside the white line, you are exceeding track limits. There's no grey area, you're either in or you're out.
    Max Gassit likes this.
  4. BKXI

BKXI Rookie

I agree but it depends on what you do afterwards, whether or not you back off or actually gain time from it. Screenshots mean nothing, yeah they show that you were past the white lines. But do they show if you gained time or if you slowed down to not gain an advantage? No
  5. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    That's the problem when you don't have stewards watching the race live as it happens.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol good luck getting enough spots in a room for enough stewards to watch all 16 drivers on all possible corners where cutting and gaining an advantage is possible, especially at Le Mans
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  7. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    It's impossible, so we need to respect the track limits ourselves.
    Xtr3meNZer and Hatfield like this.
  8. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    That's why you save your replay so if you get protested you can show the stewards a clip from your replay to show you lifted to ensure you didn't gain an advantage ;)
    CaptainRisky21 and xlxy90 like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP Updated with Drivers List for Round 5
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    The black and white track limits philosophy is fine in theory but doesnt work in practice in a volunteer-based community where no one has the time or inclination to police it
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  11. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Shouldn't BKXI be in Room 3? He was put to 5th after the incident with me yet he gets promoted to Room 2. I don't think that's fair. Also, why aren't there 16 entries?
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  12. BKXI

BKXI Rookie

Hatfield said that penalties aren’t put into consideration when the rooms get decided. Although I agree that you’ve been stiffed a bit here because you were probably the fastest guy in the T3 race Sunday
  13. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I don't understand this logic. You shouldn't be placed into this room.
  14. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Message Hat directly in a PM instead of messaging throughout the forum.
  15. BKXI

BKXI Rookie

With or without the penalty and with or without our incident, I still had the pace to earn my way into the room. Maybe if you didn’t make your own individual driver errors you would’ve been ahead of me like you were before you crashed
  16. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    No hang on I got past you and you say I don't deserve my place? I lost my place in Room 2 because of you, not my own error.
  17. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    If you see someone repeatedly breaching track limits then go through the replay and lodge a protest. I don't see why that doesn't work? I think it's a lot easier than trying to protest game imposed penalties and then adjusting times post race .. and the fact you can work off the penalty without actually slowing down doesn't work ,, and the track limits imposed by the game being inconsistent and not really even known without breaching them

I'd bet this topic has been done to death in the past and the same conclusion reached each time.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  18. BKXI

BKXI Rookie

I was referring to Lap 1 when you missed your braking point. You must’ve missed the point I said earlier when I said that you got stiffed to not be in T2 this week. The more you wanna trash talk me though just makes me not care that I cost you a spot
    CaptainRisky21 and Max Gassit like this.
  19. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I was 10 seconds behind Blacko when you ran into me. Now, assuming that we never collided, my race time would've been 45:32 or there abouts - add another 20 seconds to account for clean air and that gives me a time of 46:52, not 46:12. I would've been in Room 2 no problem, even with my error at the start.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Welcome to room 2 @SPye2_WAU , I've moved you up, now can we please move on
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.