GT Sport Season 13 Room 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I remember you distinctly wanting to race in a higher up division from last season - also your qualifying time put you in that spot for a reason - you're quick. One suggestion, and it's not a criticism, instead of opening a room for only 2 people in practice (I see this often, only having a room where one other person can join you), I would suggest you jump into an open room with other people as much as possible. From what I can see, most of the offs you're having are racing related mistakes, and having more practice with a room full of people will help.

I would like this implemented in this room also - seems to be the same person each time that can't hold it back (happened at least twice?). The last little bit of the race, everyones quiet trying to concentrate on the race and having that yelled down the mic gave me a hell of a fright...
  2. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Well what a good race last night. Kicking off in 3rd in this very competitive room, I knew I had to bring my A game - unfortunately, I didn't bring it until lap 3 lol. 2nd lap coming into the first chicane, I was on the inside line, lost the rear end as I was beside @pat65 and unfortunately the car turned a bit, and I held him back through that corner (Very sorry about that), so that put me in 16th due to letting everyone past (last thing I wanted to do was cause another off for someone else - would rather sit at the back, than potentially ruin someone elses race just for a couple of positions).

From there it was concentrate and push. I picked my way through the field, gaining some positions by people going off by them selves, some positions made up by passes, pushing my way up through to finish 5th in the end, only 0.6 seconds behind 4th. Had some great lap battles along the way with @T F Eccles, @CAB77, @Buster_Danis and probably a few others, but it all becomes a blur. Was hitting 32's pretty much every lap, though I did manage to get into the 31's by the end of the race.

It's a shame I wasn't up there with you guys @NAACS @NUGGET-22 @pat65, I'm sure I would have had some fun - but alas it was my own fault why I was where I was lol. Congrats on the Podium!

Looking forward to seeing how the rooms are shuffled for next week! Catch you all later!
    incey, Matthyus, Buster_Danis and 4 others like this.
  3. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Came home 6th which I'm very happy with. Got the raw end of the stick on the start dropped back to 15th. Parted the seas for the first few laps and got some cheeky overtakes in as well. Had some good battles with @Xtr3meNZer in the first stint. Then in the closing laps had @T F Eccles catching me. Was good fun.

Well done @NAACS good luck in Div 1. That 1:42 last lap didn't hide nothing....

@Hatfield I'm out next week as I'm away. Looking forward to round 3.
    incey, Buster_Danis, NAACS and 4 others like this.
  4. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    It was a shocker of a race for me. Had a good start and good pace up to 5th I think and then went off into the sand just before turn 6 putting me last. Put in some good lap times and clawed back to 9th and then undid all my hard work by making silly mistakes. A sticky brake pedal didn't help either.
    It was always going to be hard in this room with everyone so close in pace. It really came down to consistency and no/few mistakes which I had neither of.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 2 drivers list updated in OP
    incey likes this.
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @Hatfield FYI above re CAB being away for round 2.
    Hatfield likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    emmo46 likes this.
  9. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @emmo46, @Matthyus who wants to host on Sunday? OP has me listed so I'm happy to do so.
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Yeah, I did say I'd like to go up, but not from Div5 to Div3.
    IRT to the chat function. I had removed my earphone and placed it on the floor due to all the static and jawing off in practice from others. I placed my earpiece back in for the start but pulled it out very soon after. If people wish to complain that's fine but
    Yes I did say that, but not from Div5 to Div3 because of 1 good lap. When I'm in a room set to 2 it's been because I'm trying to sort my gear and trying to figure out the physics of the game for whatever car I'm in. I can't do that with other's in the lobby.
    IRT the chat thing. I had removed my earphone due to the constant dribble, static etc coming from others and thought my headphone was off. I placed it back in my ear for the start then removed it fairly soon after and put in on the floor away from me. I apologise if it still picked my voice up. I'll no longer use that function during a race from now on.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If it's on the floor and you can't mute the mic, would be best to leave the party chat just before qualifying or the race is due to start
  12. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Constant dribble? You realise the party chat isn't compulsory right? Also - just a reminder of party etiquette http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/important-mic-ettequite-please-read.432/

I can understand wanting to get to know a car and it's physics and such, and I've seen you pull some seriously fast times - so I believe you have the skill to be competitive. All I am trying to do is help you along your way by suggesting things that have helped countless others. Practice with other people. Jump into a lobby with some fellow Roozers. Often you can have practice within a server and not even come across another player - and if someone faster comes up - just pull to the side, or race on - but don't complain and freak out when a slight mistake happens and someone ends up in the fence (in practice). If you happen to catch up to someone, practice racing them, cleanly passing at appropriate times etc. I got better by following people, getting to know the braking distances, being able to hug someones rear bumper.

When you race by yourself in the two driver room, it feels like your isolating yourself. You may not be meaning this, but it appears that way. You will get better at racing with people by racing with people. Racing within Rooz is different to FIA races.

You have the skill. You are capable of racing cleanly and no problems, I've seen it before. You have the pace to race in Div 3 - now I suggest you race with more people, race with that pressure, own up to mistakes when they happen, be aware of what is going on around you, who is around you, and try to have some foresight to what is happening in front (if someone is sliding, or cars are bunching up due to multiple cars going through a turn, ease up). This will start to come naturally with more pack racing practice. I suggest this to everyone I race with, and hence why I'm saying all this out here, because they're handy, useful tips.

I wish you well in your room this week. I hope you're able to prove that you are quicker and can push up the rooms in this season like I know you can.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  13. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Excellent post. Thank you. @Xtr3meNZer

see you in a practice room @Blunty075
    Hatfield and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm happy for you to do it. :)
    Matthyus and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    @Blunty075 Another option is to run a single make custom race against the AI starting at the back. The AI are not great, but can still practice racing close to them.
    NAACS and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Same :D:rolleyes::p
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    PIT LINE CUTS GENERAL WARNING TO ALL DRIVERS

See footage here of cuts captured from Room 1, Round 1.

@MINT_GTR @GTP_DHolland @Twitchy @VLX_Fella @razor4797 were all caught cutting with 4 wheels
    (@Yoshiki23 did not cut with 4 wheels)

This is a warning to all drivers not to cut pit lines. They are treated as track limits. If you are caught again, post race penalties will apply
    Kieran_B33 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  18. StuRichards

StuRichards Rookie

PSN ID
    mad_mullac
    Hey up to div 3, awesome. See you Sunday guys.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 2: Sardegna A - 28 Laps - 13:10 Sunny - 8/11
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 13!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. (Qualifying mode should be used so the room can be set to x0 tyre/fuel for qualifying)
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Racing Softs

PIT ENTRY : Pit entry lines are to be followed at ALL TIMES. 4 wheels across the white lines the determine Pit Entry will be seen as a violation of track limits and you will be subject to a penalty depending on severity and quantity of cuts.
    PIT EXIT : You are required to use the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. Please be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: There is a COMPULSORY TYRE STOP

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield , @Matthyus & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let them know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division.
    If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race
  20. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 2 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    funk-13, Xtr3meNZer and Hatfield like this.