GT Sport Season 14 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    It was an enjoyable very intense hard fought 45mins last night. Stuffed my qually, but somehow crossed the line 5th, less than a sec off a podium.
    With some having race mishaps and others hardware malfunctions I am sure I will return to my usual rear of the field spot at Laguna.
    Congrats to Dan, Noodles and Ranger.
    groover33, incey, Noodles87 and 2 others like this.
  2. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

As for my race I had some ordinary opening laps with a fair bit of battling, but managed to get Risky for 3rd near the end, albeit 20 seconds behind MetalGear and Noodles who were much faster and cleared off from the start. Will take P3 but need to improve pace for upcoming rounds.
    incey likes this.
  3. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Nailed it on the head mate. The fact that others drivers can see what I'm saying clearly means the rule was poorly written.

An example i can give to you was an incident in Supercars where Paul Morris did something similar at Townsville where they were running the hard and soft compound tyres. Long story short the rule was you had to run both compounds of tyres during the race. It however didn't say you had to run with all 4 wheels being the same compound of tyre. So Morris put one hard tyre on with 3 soft tyres (and ran 2 sets of softs tyres for the 2 remaining stints) and by definition of the rule used the hard tyre in the race. The rule was overturned that night but it almost got the team a podium. It's called bending the rulebook. Your not blatantly breaking the rules but bending them to a different context. The term "One Set Only" and "One Set Voluntary" has two different meanings. And it wasn't only me there was talk within my team chat of two stopping so the rule obviously wasn't clear to them either. I didn't "break" the rule last night i found a loophole within it and exploited it.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Done
    Max Gassit likes this.
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
  7. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
  8. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Definition of a 'set' is not definitive. It could mean 'a set of 4' or a 'set of 2'. Technically a set of front medium combined with a set of rear soft satisfies the ruling but not the way it was intended. Bugga hey, but I don't think we need 5 pages of rules at the level the game occupies in the scheme of life.
  9. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Rage quits are poor showings of sportsmanship.
    The manner in which we express ourselves also matters.
    Ian Cannan, Apex_64, Crunch and 2 others like this.
  10. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Yes I did as well. I was way behind in dead last over 1min behind the leaders so didn’t think I’d do any harm hahaha and also didn’t think there was any advantage doing an extra pit stop. I also misunderstood the rules as well guess.
  11. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I don't want to tell the mods what to do but surely you have to do something about whats going on above here (mod edit: content has been cleaned up) . I'd almost go as far as to say it's borderline abuse and it's out of order. No one should have to put up with abuse like this.
    You must be a pretty sad person for real Metal sitting behind your computer abusing people thinking your tough. Whilst i respect how stupidly fast of a sim racer you are you've also proven to me how much of a right dick you are as well. I hope rooz does the right thing and makes an example out of you. If i had the say you'd never race under rooz again but that's not my decision to make.

I didn't want to get involved but i refuse to watch someone constantly beating someone whilst they're down and then have them make several posts in a public forum smearing someones character all because they had a bad night at the races and raged quit. Trust me Twitchy your certainly not the first and for sure not the last to do it, I've done it before and i know for a fact several others in this div have as well. Hope to see you Sunday night mate.

I'll say one thing Metal if you show up on Sunday your gonna have the biggest target on your back that's for sure. Finally
    Metal just letting you know before you'll likely respond to this with some form of abuse I've heard it all before so you're not gonna intimidate me. You can make fun of the fact i got DQ'd or the fact your faster then me see if i care.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2021
    Crunch, KoAStR, JonoStan96 and 6 others like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Unbelievable. We don't know why you do this Holland. You just needed to show some respect to other members or at least keep your head down. Instead you're throwing punches while on probation and then, still unprovoked, going for the follow up. Clearly you're incapable of change. This BS won't be tolerated or missed. Bye.
    ~Rooz Mod Team
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Holland is DSQ from the previous race for abuse of other members and has been banned.
    He is obviously out for the rest of the season and for life
  14. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Max Gassit, Motors560, Peersy and 7 others like this.
  15. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    Cheers mate. Obviously it isn't the way I wanted to win a race but it is what it is. Also congrats to Ranger & Risky :thumbsup:
    Max Gassit and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  16. Twitchy

Twitchy Rookie

In all of this, I do want to apologise to @Hatfield and the mod team.

Ragequitting mid race, mental health issue or not, is not acceptable for an official racing league and one with ROOZ’s stature as well being a top flight racing league. It’s the wrong thing of me to do and was definitely an in the moment bad reaction to a poor performance. I was not 100% focused on the race and it lead to mistakes constantly throughout the race, not taking into account the early braking of people in front of me and causing a few hits here n there, and putting my car in dumb positions causing incidents. I apologise to everyone in that race that I had an incident with, especially @Rangeraus for our Turn 1 incident that caused him to lose a spot which he eventually drove superbly and got it all back!

Once again, I’m sorry for my actions and will adhere to think before I quit mid race even if I’m not having the greatest day. I chose to commit to this league and this season, while the car isn’t my fortay, it’s definitely a learning experience to become one of the front runners with this car.

as for the actions against metalgear... obviously my actions had nothing to do with him so the abuse was just a showing of how much of a person he really is. Fast on track. Over the top cocky off track. I would say again that I didn’t want it to come to this like last time we had a fun in. But screw it. He deserves it this time.

Regards - TwitchyGT_
    Noremac, Motors560, Peersy and 6 others like this.
  17. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I want to say thanks to the majority for how they've handled themselves here, I'm sure we're all equally relieved we don't have to deal with that anymore.

This was the approach with Metalgear as it would be / has been for anyone else who disrupts our community: A 3 month ban end of last year was served to show we're serious this kind of disrespect and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated. The conditions of returning from this ban and keeping a place in our community were clear. No warnings. No more chances. The only option left was for him to change. He knew this and promised us his personal situation had changed assuring his best behaviour. So in the interests of consistency and fairness a probationary return was honored. Clearly this has deteriorated quickly, but I hope we're all reassured that in following up the situation justice from the mod team has been swift.
    Metalgear is henceforth unwelcome at ROOZ, ever.
    Max Gassit, Noremac, Apex_64 and 11 others like this.
  18. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    I am not a Div 1 driver and am hesitant in making comment in this forum, but feel i need to say this. Only been around since late last year and am a great one for banter myself within the guidelines of ROOZ. I am pleased to see this was dealt with fairly quickly and justifiably. It was embarrassing to say the least. I feel some members may have not participated this season due partially to MG being there. it would be great if a few of them had a rethink and came back. The passion of @Hatfield and the crew is obvious and should be appreciated for what it is. A place to show your skills and be able to learn from the better drivers whilst taking the Piss in a pan enjoyable manner. Cheers and well done
  19. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I can't like this post even though I agree with it, cos it is sad to see anybody go.
    I do think though we should look at the positives, and role models in ROOZ Div1 are/have been there in abundance.
    The absolute cream of ROOZ Div1 drivers who have won Div1 championships, Dave, Keeden, Matt and StigTC all set an impeccable standard on and off track for ROOZ. And they all set a wonderful example of being humble.
    Cheers to the Cream.
    Peersy likes this.
  20. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Whilst I agree with your idea, I can't possibly say it's sad to see Holland go. He was a black mark on the RaceOnOz community and a driver who continually abused, racially abused and neglected our community. Misinterpreted or not, It's important for everyone to know that as a whole, we agree with the Mods actions and the driver base is happier having him gone. Anyone who disagrees has a long list of his actions that they can be presented with and if you still feel sad that he is gone, maybe you need to have a good hard look at yourself.

Disclaimer, Not a rant at you by any means Apex, Just simply a ramble on. This place is much better without him.