GT Sport Season 14 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2021.

1. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    After seeing what Viperzed was able to do with his strategy last week, I decided to start the race on the medium tyre in the hope that I'd be able to get more performance out of the soft tyre later in the race. However, I jumped the start and was last before I even set off, which was a bit of bummer but I was confident that my strategy would work. Unfortunately, I struggled to stay with the pack and was a very clear last when I pitted. I had to make up a lot of time on the soft tyre in order to play myself back into the contest. Too much time as it turned out. The strategy was hopeless and I simply didn't have enough speed to pull it off. Really disappointing. At least I know not to try it again.
  2. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
  3. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    The racing of Noodles and Twitchy was great to watch. Well done Risky.
    The climate seemed to be improved... Without the metal filings.
    KoAStR, JonoStan96, razor4797 and 6 others like this.
  4. Mike--ekiM

Mike--ekiM Rookie

PSN ID
    Mike--ekiM
    Still lots of improvement to be made on my positioning, overtaking and consistency as I get 'up to speed' with GT Sport again, but I qualified 4th and ended up finishing 4th which is definitely as good as I could have hoped for in this div!
    Thanks @Viperzed for the racing, I'll try to keep any future battles a lot more 'productive' haha
    Well done guys, cheers!
    Max Gassit, Apex_64, Viperzed and 3 others like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hahaha Not having a stab at you mate! Kept me on my toes all race, Was incredibly enjoyable to have someone as consistent as he is clean battling with me :)
    Max Gassit and Mike--ekiM like this.
  6. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Hes having a crack at @Rangeraus and I
  7. Mike--ekiM

Mike--ekiM Rookie

PSN ID
    Mike--ekiM
    Yeah I know mate haha, I only read the part about the great scraps to be about me. Damn text chat is so easy to misinterpret, especially in long posts!
    I meant I've got to work on positioning in general, I opened the door and three odd cars went through on the first corner at Laguna. And consistency... at Brands I put myself right in the bin with two laps to go. Laps of shame to bring it home:
    [​IMG]
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    May I just say, this season is probably one of the best looking fields, livery wise, that we’ve ever had
    KoAStR, Viperzed, Noodles87 and 2 others like this.
  9. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    In a radical first for Div 1, I'm gonna put forward the idea of starting 30 minutes early (7:50pm AEDT Qualifying) as it's the enduro round. Please like this post if you are able to start early, this needs to be a unanimous vote to go ahead, meaning if one person cannot start early then we will start at the normal time. This includes Tynesider as well

1. @ERT_Noodles
    2. @Twitchy
    3. @Rangeraus
    4. @Noremac
    5. @Viperzed
    6. @razor4797
    7. @CaptainRisky21
    8. @gtkingx
    9. @groover33
    10. @Mike--ekiM
    11. @Motors560
    12. @Apex_64
    13. .
    14. Demo 1 Garage Streaming (psn tynesider)
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will ask Demo 1 as it will hinge on whether he is available at the earlier time slot
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  11. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I won't be racing this week
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Mount Panorama - 36 Laps - 16:30 Sunny - 21/2 - Endurance/Retro
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 14!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. (Qualifying mode should be used so the room can be set to x0 tyre/fuel for qualifying)
    YOU MUST START ON YOUR QUALIFYING TYRE
    (YOUR DIVISION CAPTAINS MAY ORGANISE AN EARLY START VOTE, IT ONLY TAKES ONE PERSON TO SAY NO AND THE START TIME SHOULD REMAIN THE SAME)

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Be careful with the Esses

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track. Contact in the final corners could cause a reset which of course must be REDRESSED if you are at fault.

TYRES : Sports Mediums (mandatory - unlimited sets) & Sports Softs (not mandatory - 1 set ONLY)

PIT ENTRY : The Pit entry is to be followed at ALL TIMES. 4 wheels across the line that determines Pit Entry will be seen as a violation of track limits and you will be subject to a penalty depending on severity and quantity of cuts.
    Be aware that the pit entry and track are separated by a solid line which needs to be cut to enter the pits. However you may not cut the striped area or other pit lines with 4 wheels.
    PIT EXIT : You are required to use the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. You should be to the left of the White pit exit line. ENSURE YOU DO NOT CUT THE LINE. Please be aware of cars approaching out of T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

RETRO ROUND: Get those retro liveries out there and let's see what everyone comes up with whether it be the team retro livery or your own creation.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  13. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Noodles87 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  14. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I'm likely not gonna make it but I'll only know for sure on Sunday so I'll update you then.
  15. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Yep same here. I’ll see how I feel on the Sunday. I’ve got an enduro at Bathurst on ACC on Saturday so don’t know if I can handle another enduro the next day
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    skip the ACC one then lol
    Vik Chan and JJ_Penguin like this.
  17. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Nice try @Hatfield
    Vik Chan likes this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol gotta try something.
    Vik Chan likes this.
  19. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Not saying I’m 100% out yet but will confirm on Sunday after I’ve rested :thumbsup:
    Hatfield likes this.
  20. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    My line to my house came down last night so I am WiFi to WiFi ATM.
    I had problems with rolling start in CCup last night, until then was ok apart from the initial disconnect when the line came down.
    Being an enduro I don't want to hold up the night.
    I will join early and if anybody has sight or lag issues with me, or I don't get off the grid, I will exit immediately.