GT Sport Season 17 Division 2 - Powered by Torque Tuition

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Screwed up lap 1 at chicane , Hope I didn't mess anyone up.
    Knew I'd overshot so pegged it at the litter.
    Came back to run in the middle so not too bad.
    Bad luck Emmo , was having a good run and I was happy to hang back and keep fuel.
    Crossed the line with .1 I think.
    Congrats podium, see you all next week.
    Ben Campbell and Matthyus like this.
  2. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    qualified in 3rd, but for some reason my car was in reverse (Glitch or I tapped the gear down twice??) for the start and I didn't notice until we started and I went backwards, so started dead last with some work to do.
    So finishing in 5th was pretty good I thought, with no real off's and a great battle over the last 2 laps with X and spleece. Wicked racing boys. Well done to the podium, just too quick on the night, even if I started properly it would of been a miracle if I got in that top 3.
    Oh and I ran out of juice on the last chicane just rolling over the finish line
  3. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I'm blaming getting my vaxx yesterday messing up my head and making my left arm weak as a kitten ;)
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I practiced and practiced all week for this race to try and get near the front. Couldn't get near the outright pace but was hopeful of a good result. Qually went badly. A couple of small errors meant the car behind me caught me and I had to back off to concede the line into the fast esses and was then held up a little so started last on the grid about 4 or 5 seconds off my pb. I made up about 4 or 5 places over the messy first lap and towards the end of the race I had made my way to 6th but then I lost places with grassy moments over the last 2 laps to eventually get home 8th. Well done to the podium with special call out to X and Sparkles with their impressive recovery drives.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  5. Se7endan

Se7endan Rookie

PSN ID
    Dan Turismo
    That's one not to remember, qualifying 10th was reasonable I was never going to be a front runner with the times I was doing leading up to this race, I was concentrating more on trying to stay with the pack, but did exactly what I didn't want to do in the race & lost pace with the train, from there it wasn't much fun :laugh: struggling to find a rhythm making lots of silly little mistakes while trying to save fuel. But that's racing & on to Rd3..
    Well done again to the podium & to all of div2 great racing & seriously wicked pace.
    Ben Campbell, Matthyus and Beats143 like this.
  6. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Lots of excuses for me. Limited practice, hung over, dont like this track, just not good enough, etc.:D
    I manged to work my way up the pack on the first lap with a few opertunities and was hoping I could hang on to the cars in front and then had a little off on the big sweeping right hander. Had a bit of fun mid race with a few of you guys and then dropped off the pace towards the end.
    Hopefully next round I will turn up and can race
    emmo46, Ben Campbell and Matthyus like this.
  7. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    I didnt bugger up the start this week and got lucky when jonno was to hot into a chicane and i was in front by 4 seconds to jonno when i pitted and i came out 8 seconds behind jonno in 4th and i was confused. Then 3rd crashed, and jonno crashed, and i was 2nd but aiko was going fast but he pitted and i was 1st again. i then drove very nervous because jonno was there if i crashed and i have never driven that long without crashing before. i did some practice which helped it was fun like last week.
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I managed to save more fuel than you and I didn't top of my tank either, only put in 'just' enough to get across the line.
    Still miffed that I threw away 1st with that spin.
    But don't let my failure be the reason you got the win. You still managed a class effort and were within striking distance the entire race. Kudos off to you
    Peter P, gtkingx and emmo46 like this.
  9. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    Stoked with 3rd but what could of been,
    I messed qualifying up in the first bend then more mistakes mid lap seen me way off my pb.
    Started 5th right behind sparkles who buy the looks of had a few too many and started in reverse. My reaction time was poor and I clipped his rear end. From there it was a scramble. Worked my way back through the pack to only find the sand trap on a high speed section. Lost 4 places as a train of cars went past. I think I passed Emmo 5 times. . Sorry to who ever was behind me when I braked hard at the 300 thinking it was the 200 marker. I pitted on lap 5. Rolled into pits as I ran out on the approach.
    From there the battle was hard. Sparkles was up the road with his team mate. We swapped places and they would bump draft past me. This went on for ages and eventually I accidentally got bumped under braking into the sand. Trap. Probably should of readdressed but we raced on. 2.5 laps to go and I managed to catch back up. . Passed and got passed again by both. On the last lap with 1/4 lap to go I got I. Front and managed to pull away. Thanks everyone for the close racing.
    emmo46 and Matthyus like this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yes I did see a lot of you, mostly your rear end disappearing off into the distance..
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  11. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Yeah sorry about that. I felt pretty bad after watching the replay seeing that you were the one behind me at the start and my little love tap that put you on the sand. To be honest I wasn't sure whether I touched you enough to cause the crash or not, but I think my subconscious would not let me keep up with you on that final lap. A fair result in the end
    Ben Campbell likes this.
  12. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    i checked the replay and we both had 4% fuel when we pitted you only put about 3/4 of a tank in and i filled it so i could thrash it. so i am still confused because i lost more than 10 seconds for a 1/4 tank of fuel that takes 3 seconds to go in.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    it takes a lot longer than 3 seconds for 1/4 tank.
  14. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    What time does the lobby open for the enduro and when does qually start
    Thank you
  15. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    30 mins earlier for both.
    So 7.50 and 8.00 pm respectively
    Ben Campbell likes this.
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I normally have the lobby open at about 7pm ADST.
    Qual starts at 750pm.
    Race starts at 8pm.
    Ben Campbell and Steve Neilson like this.
  17. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    However I've been wrong before, (no really)
    So Wait for room host to verify .
    Ben Campbell likes this.
  18. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    See , smarterer people than me can verify o_O
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Brands Hatch GP - 50 Laps - 20:00 Sunny - 31/10 - Enduro (EARLY START)
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 17!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:30 AEDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 7:50 AEDST for 10 mins.
    7:50 AEDST for 10 mins. We are using qualifying mode this season for qualifying.
    Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME : 8:00 AEDST
    8:00 AEDST (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES:
    Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK :
    Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Exception to our usual rule will be the exit of T3. You can use all the green astro-turf.
    @Rangeraus plans to have a lap guide up later in the week

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Please attempt to follow the pit entry lane. Failure to do so may result in a penalty (especially in the instance another driver is affected).
    Do not cut the solid entry line on the left hand side of the pit lane entry. You may cut the right lane line but you MUST brake and not slam into the wall.

PIT EXIT :
    Please attempt to follow the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. Please be aware of cars approaching into T1.
    Do not cut the solid line on the left of the exit.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE:
    Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

VIDEO: @Rangeraus has kindly offered to complete a track limits video so look out for that soon
    Steve Neilson, Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  20. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member