GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Here i thought it was gonna be a serious lap
  2. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    You sound so down the way you wrote this message lol
  3. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    I wish! Apart from my season debut, it was a lonely face for me haha, so there’s my highlights :p.
  4. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Fun race. Had to drive like a messy slut racing home from prom night in daddy's borrowed car, drunk, underage and well behind curfew. Elbows got a little dirty on the way. Great battle with @Mustafur @Motors560 and @Hatfield before the stops. Was a lot of rubbing but pretty clean considering - there's a pun in there somewhere.

Once again after stops nobody to race. Put it into cruise control, threw on some Bob Seger and enjoyed the Italian countryside for 14 laps. :cool:

Well done @Captain_Risky_21 . Epic win mate. Well deserved. :thumbsup:
    Hatfield and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  5. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Qualified 3rd behind the always quick Beau and Risky punching above his weight.
    Start was good maintained 3rd for most the first stint. I'll either upload the video or the picture i took but @Mezign @Mustafur @Hatfield and myself went 4 wide going into the first chicane and we all made it out the other side. It was simply epic to be apart of

After that i had a strange spin on lap 10 which took me off the podium, That made for a interesting pit entry with Hat where we went side by side coming into the lane. Overall once Hat jumped me it was difficult to catch back up. Made a few silly errors which made for a great final battle with Bryan. Saying that i was in 2 minds whether to give the spot back however on my replay we didn't make contact so it should be fine. If you want my replay Bryan i'll happily give it to you.

Anyway another great race finish in 5th which i'll take after last weeks disaster. Also congrats @Captain_Risky_21 I kinda had the impression that Beau won the race but be proud of yourself mate you crushed it.
    Hatfield and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Throttle decided to glitch out full throttle reading like 60% instead so I spent my 2 hours pre-race desperately trying to pull it apart, clean/repair and reassemble them. Thought I'd done pretty well to gather it all back up again with a cool 5 minutes to spare.
    And then I found out I had 100% throttle at all times, which, while curing my initial problem of full throttle not working, I only had full throttle. Immediately started pulling pedal faces off again to try and diagnose but remember I had a controller and how bad could it be? Apparently the way sticks work got changed an absolute crapload so yeah had absolutely no idea what was going on for most of the race. Got a solid pace going on softs after I'd sort of worked it out, but by then it was just too late and too far behind. I was really worried about going a lap down after my initial pace and lack of ability to go striaght, but in the end only off the pace by a minute so can't be too unhappy.
  7. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Honestly i am extremely happy with my performance, especially with @KeedenMcdonald on the grid.

Managed second in qually, behind Keeden. Sorry @Mustafur for our contact. Got slipstream under brakes and had nowhere to go. Sorry again.

I got a much better launch than Keeden somehow and got to the lead. I was so surprised that i was in this position, and to have Keeden behind me! I held him off until lap 3, but shadowed him until i pitted on lap 10. A few mistakes at the Lesmo's and Ascari later and i came 2nd by 11 secs. Super surprised.

I think i came 2nd as much as i could lol, Qual 2nd, Finish 2nd and 2nd fastest lap.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Qualified mid-pack somewhere and went into T1 behind @JonoStan96 when he went around.
    Chased after the @Mezign @Motors560 @Mustafur battle and we all went into T1 at some point and my exit was compromised by contact but we were still all close to each other.
    Mustafur was making little mistakes which allowed the other 2 M's to break away but then he went around at the 2nd lesmo.
    Motors had his accident on lap 10 which allowed me to get alongside with a nose in front into the pits which saw me come out ahead.
    Motors fell back to battle with @Bryan_F and I couldn't close the gap to mez so finished another solid 4th!!
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Motors560 and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Could almost taste the salt in that post. Far as I'm concerned he doesn't exist. :roflmao: Great win tonight Risky :thumbsup:
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 2 Results (provisional)
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    CaptainRisky21 and Mezign like this.
  13. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Salty

@Captain_Risky_21 you were very damn quick last night mate, your driving was on point :)
    JonoStan96 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  14. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    The gravel trap out of the first Lesmo was on point as well, didn't get any shallower during the race
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  15. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Very disappointed in my result last night.
    My fastest lap of 54.2 was a rubbish lap and was still in the top 5 of the race :(

I was having some annoying issues with my controller where the R2 trigger wasn’t registering full throttle properly unless I was almost strangling the controller from squeezing the trigger so hard, and even then it was spiking at 90%-100%. The constant spiking and unreliability of the throttle response cost me so much time (as the people who cruised past me on all the straights would have noticed) and made me increasingly irritated which made my driving worse. Very frustrating because I was involved in some great battles but I simply couldn’t keep up.

It’s really strange that my trigger issues are only present on GTS though, it’s never been an issue on any of the F1 games or on any other racing game. Will have to sus that out.

See you next week gentlemen
    Mezign and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

That explains alot.
  17. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Pack the lip under the trigger with some tape. Experiment with thickness until full throttle is registered with a gentle full press. I had the exact same issue last Saturday before Round 1.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sprint round tyres will be RS only and lap count is 9 laps each race
  19. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Yeah I’ll have to try a few things to see if it sorts itself out. Cheers
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 3 : Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa + Miyabi - 2 x 9 laps - 11:30 Fine SPRINT ROUND

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. This is ESPECIALLY important for Race 2 as it is REVERSE GRID from the finishing results of race 1.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RS tyres. No other tyres are available for this SPRINT ROUND

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    ssman244 likes this.