GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

bit late, im almost through my 2nd batch!
    Kieran_B33 and Zachery like this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    im on my 4th bucket for the day. all this drama isnt good for my stomach o_O:D

EDIT:
    i hit send as you posted this lol great minds think alike :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    skintsaint likes this.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Dammit ive been at work and have no popcorn.
    Kieran_B33, seth123 and Zachery like this.
  4. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    The words you are looking for are "FIA Track Limits". They are defined as:
    "Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not."
    You can find them in all good international governing bodies, specifically: Formula One sporting regulations 2017 (article 27.3), or appendix I international drivers licences medical examinations drivers equipment and conduct - 2017 (Chapter 4, article 2c).
  5. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Because nobody actively polices it - just maybe... and those who are members of the stewarding process (yourself) neglect to stay on top of the current round specific rulings. Everyone else got the memo about T5 but you, yet you stand in a position to judge protests. Stand down, Barnaby.

Here's the thing - and I've done my research - ROOZ is the most active (membership) GT league based in AU/NZ, yet has no definitive series and can't hold a top Division of consistent racers. Why do you think that is? I love the loose attitude and banter, right up until 8:30pm on a Sunday when you know the next 45min are utter bull because nobody gives a toss.
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    However to serve them properly for full effect, one must fail to actually police the definition in any meaningful way, including but not limited to, car breaking curbs in Austria, trying for approximately half of Q1 in Silverstone, the introduction of hump curbs at an apex near you, and just letting drivers do whatever they want in regards to track cutting and extending unless overtaking is going on, at which point someone named 'Max' needs to fire up the WAAAAmbulance and wait for the Ferrari conspiracy theories to start.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok so a few things:
    If you are exiting the pits and a car is approaching, and you cut the exit line to the disadvantage of the approaching car, I have no issue with agreeing to a protest against you for that.
    If you are exiting the pits and there is no one approaching, and you cut the exit line, and someone protests you for that cut, I will be asking them if there is something else they could be using their time for, before voting to dismiss the protest.

If I had received a protest against someone and their excuse was hardware failure or animal related, it wouldn't change the way my decision is made. If you T-boned someone and it was because your wheel stopped responding, I would still expect you to redress the incident and if a protest was lodged, I would still find you guilty.

I often regard seth to be a front bum, but posts like this are the reason he has more likes than posts, and has my respect.

This is correct. That post-race week SUCKED. There was all this talk about the rules not being clear blah blah and we moved towards clearing that up. The result after that race was a crapshoot. We had to penalise guys for going into the pits but moving across the line only slightly after the line began. It was ridiculous.

Why do we need a definitive series? Why can't we have multiple games running simultaneously if that is what makes the community happy?
    As for not holding a top division of consistent racers, we used to. But it isn't anyone's fault that we have had smaller grids in the past. In the Gran Turismo history, things started to drop off once Pcars was out on PS4 since GT was on old hardware. Then in coming back with GT Sport, last season div 1 didn't go so well since a lot of sign ups didn't show. S2 Round 1... we had a grid of 16.... that's the maximum. I hope to continue to run GT with a large div 1 grid every week. But you just don't know if real life is going to get in the way for one or more drivers on any given week.
    Now the '45min of utter bull' seems like bull to me. Last Sunday was one of THE best races I have ever had and I know others will agree with me. Saying nobody gives a toss is just stupid.

I see you are running an endurance series between seasons and I hope it does really well and I hope it doesn't get badmouthed like something I am trying to build is being badmouthed.

I am disappointed that a question of clarification from yourself turned into this series of posts.
    Tristan Jones, NAACS, Randm90 and 8 others like this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    sounds to me like someone thinks they could do a much better job, yet here you are. pointlessly whinging to an audience who couldnt care less what you think because the way you go about it is pure crap.

you have valid concerns, definitely. But the way you are going about it, chastising the whole forum and implying some big conspiracy, infront of everyone, is the complete and utterly wrong way to go about it. have some humilty for christs sake!

as ive already said (which you chose to ignore) gather your intel and present a case to the mods who actually make these decisions, and youll find you wont have such a salty reception.
    NAACS and razor4797 like this.
  9. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Don't take this as a personal attack against the work you put in. This is just an observation that there's a lackadaisical attitude toward the stewarding process - and that's fine only if and when it's 100% clear cut. I'm making no attempt to 'badmouth' your series. I'm addressing concerns I have with the way driver briefing is being worded because until your above post it wasn't clear on exactly how the process would be handled. All I was asking for is for you to point out that the pit exit line will only be policed on protest if you are deemed to have impeded (causing to slow or swerve) another vehicle. That's all.

Thank you for clearing it up.

Now I know that when Jono exists the pits 200m in front of me swerving around like a drunk clown I'll know I have no right to question him. :roflmao:
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    with an attitude like that, why not just pack ya :):):):) and leave now to save all the stress.
    Mezign likes this.
  11. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
  12. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    It's a joke darling. What's the point in banter if you can't give as good as you get? :thumbsup:

I'm not a serious person at all. Jump in a party chat some time and you'll get it. Not a single person who I regularly chat with has responded aggressively because they know that I'm not like that. I'm just blunt.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Hahaha now its all a big joke. Tbh mate its been a joke from the start. People like you come and go so it doesnt bother me.
    NAACS and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I volunteered for it and was entrusted to take up a position to judge protests due to my extremely clean track record with 0 protests lodged against me for on track incidents until the aforementioned Tokyo incident and an incident at Monaco with @Hatfield. That’s 2 protests in over 5 years of racing. So no I will not stand down because someone who finished 2nd is insecure about someone who finished 6th with badly faltering equipment ran wide a few times on a corner that has been legal since GT6 S1 2014.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Are you flirting with me?
    razor4797, Hatfield, Randm90 and 3 others like this.
  16. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    seth123 likes this.
  17. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: I don't think non serious people create a page of arguments about a little rule which I can clearly understand as do most others :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Zachery, seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    King Lebron < King Seth
    seth123 likes this.
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    KoBe
  20. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    Look, while I enjoy reading all of this and seeing people opinions, maybe it's time to move on and look toward future race/rounds. I understand for some this is really serious, and I respect that, and maybe it's cos I'm slow AF, but I would have thought to cop it on the chin and move on, would be the better option.

Again I have no real opinion and my views may not be as respected as others, but if it's a clean race, people do the right thing and everyone can get along ideally it helps create a great involving community. If you do the wrong thing, learn from it and try not to do it again. If it then needs to be discussed further or extra clarification is needed, speak with one of the mods and if after discussion they feel it needs to be addressed, I'm sure they will communicate this out to the community.

I just know we are all human, make mistakes and want to be part of something great, which I feel ROOZ is, because if it wasn't you wouldn't have people sign up and have multiple divisions for multiple games, all for guys who do this in their spare time for the rest of us.

Just my 2c