GT Sport Season 2 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Nah not foolish. If you don't know it would be foolish not go ask. How do we learn otherwise
  2. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    T300
    deedz_aus likes this.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
  4. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Such a nice community forum :p

Also, seems like most people are using wheels... No wonder my time was so much slower..
    deedz_aus likes this.
  5. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Not that I am even fast enough to be in this div...but if you don't have a wheel try using tilt steering...i barred it due to previous experience with tilt steer, but GT sport creates a water shed moment for tilt steer imho. I haven't used sticks since first trying it. Slides are much easier to correct, and maintaining a long small corner is easier without any settings adjustment.
  6. LennonLegend1993

Well you ran 47:03, compared to my 47:14 or so, so you are fast enough for the divison :p So you are using tilt steer too?
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  7. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I am using...you already use it? Some VR and mobile games that I tried killed my opinion of it, reading peoples great opinion of it got me to try it...and now I won't go back! I still want a wheel one day...
    deedz_aus likes this.
  8. LennonLegend1993

Currently using the stick, so might have to give it a try.. See if that reduces my lap times. One day, I too will get a wheel..
    Tristan Jones and deedz_aus like this.
  9. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    G29
    deedz_aus likes this.
  10. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Seems a couple of the Brizzy guys suffered bad connection due to all the lightning around just before race start and into the first half of the race. Seems I had luck on my side, which worked out good for me in the end, but man I was stressing hard even as the lights went out.

2 full blackouts of my house in my half hour prerace practice had me doing full reboots with that "power wasn't turned off properly, checking system data" start-up thing, but still made the room on time, but then in qualifying, as I caught up to Jerry on the back strait, I got the chicane wrong, ended in the grass, started to get going again, and then wham, all lights off and blackness for about 2(loooong) seconds, then everything came back on, TV as well, and somehow my PlayStation had held enough power to stay connected.:D:D

Man I was happy
    Tristan Jones, Ozglenn, incey and 2 others like this.
  11. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    Dude I was up in Sandgate area and just waiting for the rain and thunder/lightning to quit before jumping on. About 30 mins before that we had a blackout for a few mins, lucklily I wasn't on or anything, servers and switches (homelab) all turned off. (Really need to invest in a decent UPS) but that made me heaps cautious and got me thinking 'Miss the first race so you can race for the season'
    Lucky too that the rain cleared and I jumped on just in time (like 10 secs) to just skip qualifying and just start race.

But FML I was sketching everytime I heard thunder or anything outside in that race.
    arakasi- likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Mezign & @StigsTC came 2nd and 3rd in div 1 and are on controllers... ;)
  13. LennonLegend1993

Well it seems I just need more practice.. Maybe on GT12 ill be decent..
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we have found that new members progress in leaps and bounds at first, so no doubt you will improve this season
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  15. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I can't speak for @StigsTC , but I personally use and recommend Motion Sensor steering if you're using a controller. Having never used it before I was quicker and more consistent than my joystick times after only two laps. Never looked back since. :thumbsup:
  16. LennonLegend1993

Ill give that a try for sure. Finishing in 2nd in Div 1 in the first race, I cant ignore this advice :p
    deedz_aus likes this.
  17. Green Terror

Green Terror New Recruit

Had a massive storm and power went out 20 minutes before qualifying and stayed out for 3 hours. Bugger!
  18. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    pics of your set up or i don't believe it :p
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Small correction I'm using a wheel, a Logitech G29. I ran controller for S13 of GT6 to take the Div 1 title (+ my Spa win in S12, as well as whatever the Ferrari 365 season was, and Hat's JGTC off-season season). I was using sticks back then as well. Old mate @FILO is still on a controller as far as I know, but sadly he's not running this season as a reference.
  20. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Well I had an average night at best.
    Qualified 3rd, managed to work my way into 2nd and felt pretty good gaining ground on Ozglenn until an absolute loss of attention saw me going sideways into a wall while glancing at my rear view mirror.....ended up in last place for some time.
    It was damage limitation from that point on.
    Well done to all, especially the podium finishers, hopefully I’ll be mingling up the front end at Monza.

@LennonLegend1993 - I’m on a G29