GT Sport Season 2 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Unfortunately not.:(
  2. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

I feel that I need to step up my 'practice'.. I did about 6-7 laps of Y+M on Monday, and then only managed to get on 1 minute before qualifying started :p:p Damn real life getting in the way..
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I had pretty much no practice save for 30 minutes yesterday afternoon to try and familiarise myself with the track, so my results pretty much are what I expected from the night.

I must apologise to @xlxy90 for the shove on lap 2 race 2, I honestly didn't see you. I think my little radar thing was glitching and sometimes not showing cars. I knew you were behind me, just didn't know until the very last second how far up the outside you were. I watched the replay, and it was pretty ordinary from me i must say, so my apologies sir. You are going to be one to watch though, as every time you cleared traffic you took off like a scalded cat.

Big gratz though to @emmo46, what a drive mate. It's never easy taking the win in both sprint races!! Gonna have to step up my game for Big Willow to even hang close to the front of the pack.
    emmo46 and deedz_aus like this.
  4. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Round 4: Willow Springs International Raceway - 36 laps - 17:30 Fine - 4/3 (Retro Round)

Lets get some prac in soon mate! This one looks to be a long one! Formal apologies for the tap on race 2, ruined both our races :(

ps: what is the dealio with the retro round?
  5. LennonLegend1993

Like we discussed last night; Im keen to understand what the ruling is around our coming together. On the angle from 'broadcasting' cameras, it looks like you did nothing wrong. However, when you watch from behind my car in the angle I was using, it appears so much worse. Send it to one of the stewards for analysis (im not going to have it reviewed, just want to understand the ruling moving forward)
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB and deedz_aus like this.
  6. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    yeah I worked on a review video this morning but didnt quite get enough time to publish it live, so will try to finish it by tonight :)
  7. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Retro round just applies to your livery
    deedz_aus likes this.
  8. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    I got no idea on rulings, but in the rules amongst the passing/contact section, there is a bit that says "if contact is made and are unsure if was a fair move, return to positions held prior to the corner, and continue on racing " ......or something like that.
    Hope that helps a little.
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I think I put in about 40 laps through the week. It wasn't until my last run yesterday pre-lobby opening that I was starting to hit high 24s to low 25s. Then my last quali run I was setting purple sectors and had @arakasi- covered by I think 6 tenths with 2 sectors to go and binned it on the last corner. I was absolutely spewing.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  10. LennonLegend1993

Yeah absolutely. I get that, but this was a complete off the track bump haha.. We know each other (same work place) and we have discussed how it played out, but keen for another set of eyes to check it out. Im not disputing it, or whatever the term is, but we are just curious.
    arakasi- likes this.
  11. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Cool, payback can be dished out at work then.

My 2c, I would have redressed if I was the car behind on entry
    deedz_aus likes this.
  12. LennonLegend1993

He did redress.. we were just curious.. Did you see the incident?
  13. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Saw you'd talking about it, so checked it out when I got home.

I wrote it like that so as not to point fingers, as noone deserves/likes that.:)
  14. LennonLegend1993

Yeah all good. He did redress nonetheless, but we were after another opinion after reading the 'driving rules' previously. Thanks.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    RETRO ROUND RULES

Just a quick one to explain my vision for the retro round.

Design a retro livery which suits the colour scheme of your team and utilise the team sponsors in place of those that were on the livery you are taking inspiration from.
    Eg, when 888 vodafone ran the retro marlboro livery and had the word vodafone instead of marlboro

My idea was to replicate the gone in 60 secs Eleanor scheme
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90

Season 2 round 3 highlights
    emmo46 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 4 : Willow Springs International Raceway - 36 laps - 17:30 Fine - Retro Round

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    Big Willow is going to be an exercise in patience if there is any contact resulting in a driver going off track. When you are at fault, you should wait for the other driver to:
    -stop sliding through the dirt
    -get back onto the track
    -get back up to speed
    Be especially careful in braking zones and during side by side racing

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

RETRO ROUND : I'm excited to see everyone's team livery ideas and also those of the privateers!
  18. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Pretty excited about my livery for this weekend!
    Hatfield likes this.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Mine will be the 1966 Australian Touring Car Championship winner. It was Ian Geoghegan's 65 Mustang in Total Team colours.
  20. LennonLegend1993

Im not going to lie, I probably wont get on until 8:20 AEST Sunday haha..

If anyone wants to make me a retro livery, feel free. ;);)