GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

bring out the emergency services i think! lol
    Kieran_B33 and Dosy like this.
  2. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Hmm, spent more time doing a new final race livery than racing!
    [​IMG]
    Needs some small adjustments!
    Noremac, Tristan Jones and Jcp like this.
  3. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I'm in the dog box for buying a wheel for my birthday today...

I am going to need some good practise to relearn some braking points!! Was devastating discovering my braking marker trees at the end of mountain straight are not visible at all!
    skintsaint likes this.
  4. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    There is a road on the left that is a good reference point.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well, how bad do I feel right now. Hadn't had a chance to watch the replay yet so I was unaware @skintsaint had been baulked off the track by my awkward pit exit. I was under the impression that I had only slightly affected jonesys race. Anyway good on you skint for lodging the protest I deserved it and I am sorry to have been involved in your crash. I didn't even think to look at the map as I as coming out of the pits. Luckily I had been trying to stay in the lines in practice so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Still sux for you though. Sorry mate.
    The other parts of my race were pretty ordinary as I expected at this track. The two softs stints was supposed to keep me in touch with the leaders but my first stint let me down and pretty much nullified any advantage and chasing johno in the second stint just made me feel slow.
    Well done to the podium for keeping it mostly on the track, I heard it was a good race up the front.
    One more round and the championship is just a little bit still up in the air. Bathurst is one of my better tracks so i'll be looking for a good result, just gotta do better at qually than i have been. Don't think i've got a pole this season. With the close walls damage might play a bigger part here than normal so clean lines will be the order of the day. Can't wait tbh.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    CAB77, Tristan Jones, emmo46 and 4 others like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Had a solid practice sesh on sunday during the day. Was feeling pretty good about where i was at on Brands... Then jcp turned up.. He was hitting consistently better lap times than me. I'd see a solid time go up by him and I'd think yeah i can beat that, then he'd go faster, ummm yeah i can match it, then he'd go faster! Jeez I was worried.

Sunday night, room opens, practice runs.. Managed to put down a solid time. I figured that might put jcp on edge goin into qualys but he was unshaken. Couldn't match him in qualys.

Turned out a blessing in disguise being 2nd on the grid at brands, seems to give you a better run into turn 1. Managed to get side by side going into turn 2 and squeeze jc a little, giving me an opening to take 1st. After that, it was just high pressure racing for the next 8 laps or so. Once again Brands helping me out with it's shortage of overtaking spots. kinda felt like first one to crack would lose and i was lucky enough to keep my :):):):) just barely together haha. Antmeg started hounding in 3rd which was to my advantage too.. hey great run ant! Your pace was blisteringly fast! Well done on the 2nd . Great race from Incey and johnnoclint too for placing high in adverse conditions.

So here we are then... The mountain. A track I've seen a lot on tv but have never done a run around. I've gotta hit the books hard on this one. Definitely my most dreaded of the season as I figure most of you guys have spent quite a few km's on this one. Probably love it too! Probably a favourite lol, hectic.

Whatever happens happens i guess. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making my first online racing experience so awesome. You guys have all been really welcoming, really good sportsmanship, good vibes all-round and great comradery. Thanks johnno, jonesy, aro, fezza, skint, incey, jcp, dosy, te wheke (te feke), angry, xgregoryx, nathancarhead, cranew and purpledog!!

Thanks heaps guys and bring on Bathurst!!!!
  8. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    We're a friendly bunch helping each other learn and enjoying everyone's successful moments.

Bathurst is an awesome track and it is definitely my favourite with a heap of places where you can either lose or make up time depending how you hit them, my big tip if you have never driven there is to start on a daylight track before you tackle the dark, that way you'll learn the track first.
    I quite often have practice rooms up mate and everyone is welcome to just jump on in.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Or don't at all.
    I wouldn't mind at all:D
  10. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Yeah take the week off to relax :)
  11. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Whats everyones laptimes give or take around Bathurst?
  12. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I've done a 2:05 around there in that Mustang but it might have had some tweaks to its power and weight.
  13. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

I really hope it had with that time!
  14. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I really wish it wasn't but it was fully maxed, the most fun I've had in the car all season, that was on RM as well.
    incey likes this.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    qually time for me looks like low 13
    Luke, AroGantz and skintsaint like this.
  16. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Buzzin' for this one...
    [​IMG]
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    probably should have pitted before lap 13
  18. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Thanks Aro will keep an eye out for a room. Took on your advice about having a day run, definitely helped. Still don't know how I'm gonna find the sorta pace needed to be competitive, we'll see.
  19. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I got down to 18 mid tank on RM and 15.7 on RS. Getting better on this wheel! I can still see where there is more time to be made. Trail braking makes so much more sense with a wheel! Trying to do it on a controller is very easy to overdo the braking and kill too much speed/ lose turn in. I gained a second or two after playing with bb too.

I did a full length practise...but filled right up at pit and finished with half a tank...

Are there any here running TCS or auto box?
  20. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I still run TCS on 2.
    However I'm weaning myself off of it. I use the accelorater flashing as my indicator that I've gone too hard on a certain corner and am learning to ease into acceleration. I would say I would see TCS activate maybe once or twice a lap. For Bathurst, the slow hairpin up the mountain and the last corner are where I see TCS activate still.