GT Sport Season 3 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

That sounds horrible. I'm assuming you have to get your 15yo, thus why you not get a few hours that night?

Also, I have just been informed I have sister in laws family birthday dinner tomorrow night. Not sure if I'll make it home for the race :(
    Matthyus likes this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It's better than it used to be.
    When the 15yo was a baby, I used to work Nightfill (6pm to 3am), my wife worked Saturdays 6am - 5pm. We only had 1 car and she didn't have her license, so I stayed up in stead of going to sleep for an hr.
    I would go from Midday Friday to about lunchtime Sat straight. Luckily the little one had a nap around then so I got one too. Then I was good until Midnight again.

Lately before the 15yo started working, I would be in bed asleep by 830, if not earlier...
    At 37, it makes me feel old, but I think it's more like my body attempting to catch up after all those years of FA.
  3. LennonLegend1993

Man
    Man that's sounds rough. 24 hours straight, every Friday/Saturday. I couldn't do it.
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Indeed it was. But it was what we had to do to survive.
  5. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I'm out for this week and possibly next week guys.
  6. LennonLegend1993

:(
  7. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

1.32s, seems im way off the pace again so will sit out.
  8. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    My 4 yr old sleeps 7 to 7.

My 16 month old goes down at 7, but only sleeps a few hours at a time overnight. We have had 3-4 nights where she was only up once. Teething atm, so when she wakes it takes half an hour to get her back down, sometimes the missus spends more than an hour getting her back to sleep. Once she wakes after 530 in the morning she won't go back to sleep. Kylie does most of the night settling though the week cause I work weekdays, so I try and do weekends.

Sometimes early nights are much more appealing than PlayStation. But I have great fun on it if I'm rested.
    Matthyus and Easyprey007 like this.
  9. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Watch my vid in the team thread you should still race
  10. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

I did but im just :):):):) in this car for some reason.
  11. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
  12. LennonLegend1993

Thanks Buddy. I was confident going into the race, but I didnt expect to grab Pole and the win!

Race recap; starting in Pole I got a good start off the line compared to SlapnTickle and Deedz in 2nd and 3rd. And built probably a second or so lead around the first lap. Deedz has managed to overtake Slap at some point, and caught back up to me halfway through the first lap. He was hot on my tail for the next lap, until he oversteered coming out of the first chicane in sector 3. This gave me some breathing room again. By lap 6 slap was back in 2nd, and I pitted for my first stop (strategy was a 3 stop, RH, RM, RM, RM). Managed to come back out in 5th, and was the only person the pit and go for this strategy. On exit, I was about 3 seconds behind Pat and Bob, so was feeling confident, especially knowing that Bob also started on Hards.
    Deedz pitted at the end of lap 7 to switch to some mediums, looking for a similar strategy to my own. Pat pitted at the end of lap 8, at which point I was setting the fastest laps of the race, and catching Bob who was now 2nd, and Slap 1st.
    Heading into turn 1 of Lap 10, I finally managed to catch up to Bob, who was putting up a strong resistance on his 9 lap old Hards, but he went wide into turn 1, and I pulled through on the inside on my mediums and up through the essies. Props go to @DAMN_RIGHT_BOB at this moment, for letting me through ahead of him into the second essie, acknowledging that I had the fresher and softer compound. I pushed on from here and caught up to slap who was yet to pit and on hards, caught up through the essies on lap 12, and took the outside line into the long sweeping left hander to take back 1st place.
    Slap then went off on lap 14, which allowed me more breathing time for my second pit stop at the end of the lap, and came out on a new set of mediums only behind @deedz_aus, and managed to get back in front on the last turn of lap 15.
    It was just consistency from here, until lap 19 when I messed up the last chicane in the last sector, and hit the wall, cutting my lead. Last pit stop at the end of lap 22, when deedz also pitted, and we exited 2nd and 3rd behind Bob. I was 6.8 seconds behind, and knew that he would have to pit again, so set out to catch up. Pat also pitted behind us for a fresh set of mediums.
    Bob pitted at the end of lap 24, where I took the lead back, and he exited second ahead of Deedz. The last 5 laps I was starting to see the end and started to drive a little more conservatively, which was the opposite of Bob who set the fastest lap of the race on lap 27. Lap 29 I almost ruined my entire race and strategy as I hit the wall on the last chicane, AGAIN, but managed to stay ahead of Bob and Deedz for the win. #stoked

Congrats to Deedz and Bob for the podium.
    Pixeliz3d_DoD, deedz_aus and Matthyus like this.
  13. LennonLegend1993

14. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Well done all, I had a great race, qualified 7th and finished 7th - though plenty of tight racing and coulpe of mistakes kept me wondering where I would finish.

I didn't get my full length practise this week, but got on an hour before the race and found RH weren't going to last the distance, I figured I would swap for RH somewhere around half, or RM if they lasted longer. Ended up putting on another set of RH at lap 18 and topping up a couple laps of fuel just in case. Turns out I didn't need that much fuel!

Had some close racing with @fezza and @Green Terror, all 3 of us having some minor offs, Terror I think was using RM...or he was just a lot faster, though he did 2 stops.

For a while I just couldn't close the gap to Fezza in front - but then saw my wheel decided to change fuel map from 1 to 2. Glad I noticed that, I wonder how long it sat there!

I was gaining quickly on Terror in the last few laps, with a good few seconds gap back to Fezza , then lap 28 I came out of the hairpin too quick and only just grabbed it before spinning - didn't lose position but almost lost hope of catching terror. I started catching him again, not sure if he was held up lapping @colin-50_ or if he had an off - but I got real close to overtaking on the last lap! Always fun when a race is still nailbiting stuff on the last corner of the last lap!

15. LennonLegend1993

Oh, and a full South Aussie podium :p:cool::cool::cool:
    deedz_aus and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have results with race and lap times?
  17. LennonLegend1993

I thi
    I think that's @VARDZ for our division.
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I will when i get home.. only had them up early monday after round 1 as it was a Public holiday
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I'll have them up shortly.
  20. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    that crash on lap 8 was a doozy, your rear tyres slid on the ripple flipping you into the wall? I did that many times during prac haah