GT Sport Season 3 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Well i can still count on 1 hand how many wins or poles i have had in all my time with Raceonoz, so i will happily take this 1 but it is down to the fact i have done 100's of laps around Maggiore for my Gr.4 series. Grabbed pole with my 4th lap in qually on RM's and jumped out to get onto RH's ( I see some didn't realize that this was ok to do... won't make that mistake again which should bunch up qualifying for round 2) Race start and i go a tad deep at 1 but kept in in check and safely around 2...
    [​IMG]
    start of lap 2 and Bob popped out onto my inside down the front straight... i brake at the 100 m mark and bob flies on by and he is into the wall.
    [​IMG]
    From there i set out to hit my numbers of mid to high 48's and not burn my tires as i was intending to run to the flag on a no stop strategy... As the race went on i increased the gap back to lennon and just continued to hit my numbers.. At lap 10 i saw the pit stops started probably for the guys that started on RM's. At this stage i still had no intention of pitting... Fuel was good and i had banked almost a full lap with short shifting by halfway. Lap 16 I see Bob has got himself to 2nd and the gap is about 20 secs so for the first time i think about stopping... and a lap later i have a massive moment out of 2 and think a stop takes 13 odd seconds with tires only bob tires should be dropping off slightly so i decide yeah i could do with the grip. The end of lap 18 i box for RM's and return with an 11 sec gap. I then start thinking about FL so i have a crack and set my PB only to see it eclipsed by Deedz by 0.05... I get to the flag with 1.1 laps of fuel left... ( IT IS EASILY DONE LAD... We shouldn't need to refuel at all except for the enduro) Well done to Bob and Deedz on the podium and to everyone on the standard of racing last night
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    so round 2 in a couple of weeks see ya there.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done @VARDZ, your time shows you would have won div 3 as well, very impressive
    Ozglenn, Easyprey007 and deedz_aus like this.
  3. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    Congratz @vards
    Great Pace Mate!
    My overtake attempt at turn one was a shocker, I was too far on the inside and couldn't see my breaking marker and broke way too late and couldn't recover, felt I had good position, but failed on the attempt, I'll learn from that one.
  4. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Pretty much a faultless drive from you mate so well done. I cant believe how much time you made up on those tyres and was going to go for a no-stop strat?! In hindsight though it (no stop strat) may of paid off but i think you made the safer choice during the race. Also goes to show how effective practice is before race day with the amount of time you put in. I'm surprised I got FL but I'll admit I pretty much piggy-backed off lennon (the real MVP) to get those as every lap he set FL i beat it by the smallest of margins from the drafting :laugh:I also feel I could of swapped to the mediums sooner as by the end of race i still had plenty of rubber.
    Tristan Jones and DAMN_RIGHT_BOB like this.
  5. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

You stole my FL literally 2 laps in a row! Grrrrr
  6. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Congrats to all and @VARDZ for winning. Looks like I was about 10-11 secs of the FL pace so glad wasnt involved.
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Are you in a team Skint? if not there are plenty of guys who can and will help you out.... heres a little secret that i won't tell anyone else... i use TC @ 3 ... it grabs you just enough to stop you spinning and doesn't really slow you down... if you want help just ask...
  8. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    @skintsaint I'll be posting a hotlap in the team thread from Kyoto onwards to help you guys out
    LennonLegend1993 and skintsaint like this.
  9. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    After totally screwing up the start (as you may have noticed) I was happy to see you on the side of the track but the rush of blood on the second last corner destroyed me with another rush as I came back on dropping me a couple of places further back but I had a good battle with @fezza early on and chased down @webnomad after the pit stop, the ease at which I caught him makes me think he was in fuel saving mode or his tyres weren't the best. My result was no surprise really after only getting about 20 laps total around there until an hour before the race and only a bit more than that then.

Out of curiosity how many started on RM?
    webnomad likes this.
  10. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Yep ... you reeled me in quite quick ... I started on rm’s ... and was not getting the speed out of the tires ...
    AroGantz likes this.
  11. LennonLegend1993

My small contribution to recalling the race..

Turn 1, 1st to 5th stayed the same. No issues and stupidity through first 4 turns which was good to see.. then overtook pat and caught up to bob and deedz to go 3 wide into the hair pin on lap 1! We all managed to get through ok in which I got ahead of deedz. Forgot where I overtook bob but then sat in second for 3/4 of the race until bob and deedz caught back up and they both got ahead of me. I lost concentration in the last 1/4 of the race but ended up with a happy 4th :)
  12. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    That explains it, I started on RH's so the 2 seconds per lap is about right.
  13. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    I qualified and started on RH not realising you can swap tyres for start of race :/ #f1rulesftw
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  14. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Back to Div 3 with you
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  15. LennonLegend1993

To be fair, last season the pits were closed. This season open. Our bad.
  16. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I was talking about the pace not the tyre choice for qually.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  17. LennonLegend1993

Oh. We did a bit of practice for race 1, not so confident about the rest :geek::laugh:
    AroGantz likes this.
  18. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    :( I only did well because I had the practice, like most who were at the top for the first race. Hopefully we can have some closer racing for next weekend mate ;) I know you’re better than that! :thumbsup:
  19. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    :D practice is definitely the key. Back into the serious discussion though, there were a few issues in the other divs with the method of changing tyres at the end of qually so this needs to be highlighted and explained properly. I decided to sacrifice a lap with a pit stop to make sure I was starting on the hards.
    deedz_aus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  20. LennonLegend1993

Maybe @VARDZ can shed some light on the subject. Im pretty sure he set a pole lap, and then pitted, swapped to hards without running another lap?