GT Sport Season 4 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 6 : Willow Springs International Raceway - Big - 33 laps - Dusk 19:50 Sunny - 9/9
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type has been changed to Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.

TYRES : You can use any of the sports tyre compounds at any time

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

THE DIRT : Be very careful of the dirt. 1 tyre off can cause you major headaches. Be especially careful on the last corner not to run into the pits from off track or you risk being reset and losing a lap.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Matthyus likes this.
  3. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Keep out of the dirt and drink heeeeeeps of beer 4 Incey
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I wonder if we will have another battle like the last one. except for me putting a tyre in the dirt...
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Unfortunately I have to miss tonight due to a personal issue which needs to taken care of.

Waslooking forward to it, was doing decent lap times on the track through the week...
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Np mate. Hope all will be well.
  7. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Ah crap. I slept through the race. This is what happens when you don’t leave the lounge all day.
    Matthyus likes this.
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    You didn't miss much. It's a crap track.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 6
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RAE - DSC - 1.25.223
    Easyprey007 and emmo46 like this.
  10. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Serve me right for not getting some practice time in...went off to the barriers on the last corner 3 times. After the second time I made sure I didn't do it again...but then when incey was lapping me i started going faster again once he passed me, and off again...other than those 3, only had 2 minor scares that didn't lose positions.

Well done to the podium! @fezza especially, seemed to have a great consistant race. I did have a good close race in the first few laps...even after my first trip to the boundary markers i thought i could be 5th...had some good racing there for a while!
    incey, fezza and emmo46 like this.
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Really don't like this track, this might have lead me to not do as much practice as normal.
    Pre Qual time of 1:22.4 I was pretty happy with, was able to hit it reasonably consistently.
    Qual -
    Did OK, had some minor 1 or 2 tires in the dirt, but nothing bad, managed 4th. Soobs was just too fast.

Race -
    Remembered TCS this time and had a good start and the grid slotted in nicely with everyone keeping their positions. I was ebbing and flowing with Soob's when he had a minor off, nothing bad but it cost him heavily as it was in the first lap or 2.
    Woot, back in 3rd.
    Emmo and Incey touched with Emmo finding dirt on the last corner of the 2nd lap. Dropped to 2nd last. 2nd now!!
    I knew that I couldn't catch Incey, so just slotted into consistent mode and this was doing well for a bit.
    I put the foot down a little too fast on the exit from the downhill left and put half the car onto the dirt. Lost 2 spots to Jonesy and Fezza. I kept on them for a few laps watching them battle. Fezza took Jonesy and a little while later, Jonesy had an off.
    From here it was pretty much a battle against consistency. I had a major off on the last corner, just when I was making some inroads to Fezza's time. That was the nail in the coffin for 3rd.
    Managed to summon a 4th. I didn't deserve anything better considering the quality of my racing.

Congratulations to the podium - @incey , @emmo46 & @fezza !!
    @fezza - Kudos on the super smooth race mate. Your consistency on this race won it. Also on your first podium this season.

Looking forward to an actual racetrack next week!!
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated OP
    Round 7: Circuit de Sainte-Croix B - 19 laps - Evening 15:10 Fine Weather - 16/9
  13. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    thanks mate :thumbsup: shame about your offs, else would've been close. I was plugging all sorts of strategies into my head while you were close then turned into a massive gap so decided to pit for fuel and new tyres even though I had no chance catching the 2 guys upfront.
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Its disappointing for me for that to end in protest especially so close to the end of the season. I was expecting a very difficult race and the first lap and 3/4 was exactly that. Probably would have been better if I hadn't got pole but there you go. Thanks for all the guys who let me through when I was lapping you, sooby made it a little difficult but we eventually got there.
    The last race is going to be a pressure cooker however this protest turns out. However it ends I've had a fun season.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    A lot of dirt indeed.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am not sure why you having pole has anything to do with what happened.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    As I have explained to the mods I am taking a break from ROOZ for a while. The absolute joy of ROOZ and this current season have been overshadowed by Sunday and the sadness and disappointment I feel. @Matthyus will be taking over my tasks here on ROOZ and I am sure he will do an excellent job. I hope you all enjoy the rest of this season and the seasons to come.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    this is a sad post :(
    holdenman05 likes this.
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    yep, especially as there has been no resolution to the event which triggered it
  20. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Are you updating the incident reports thread for the sake of transparency?