GT Sport Season 4 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 12, 2018.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    apart from emmo do we know about any other absentees?
    4 laps qually?
  2. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    50/50 for me tonight
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 7
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rumbleshorts - DSC - 2.32.028
    Tristan Jones, Easyprey007 and emmo46 like this.
  4. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well that will be a race to remember!!
    First off - Kudos to @incey for just blowing us away and taking a reasonably easy win. You must have felt like Beau all up the front and just slotting practice laps!!

I have to say a massive kudos to @Tristan Jones for the massive race long battle we had. To me, in D4 these are rare as hens teeth, but we managed it. It was an arm wrestle all night, until I made a minor wall touch on the exit of the final corner on the 2nd last lap.
    The battle we had could have gone either way. Mildly miffed that I didn't beat you, but if anyone was going to beat me I'm happy it was you :)

With Incey and I showing up Jonesy couldn't beat me in the battle for 3rd on the Championship, but that didn't hold back us giving it a red hot go at it.

Pre - Qual
    Managed to put together a 2.26.2 that beat Incey's best, until he beat it :)
    Qual
    Managed 2nd, with a 2.28 something
    Race
    Go read up there ^ :)

If my maths is right the podium stands as @emmo46 , @incey and I.
    Emmo wins by a point :)
    But I'll wait until the official results.

This season has been a very solid season, with very few room issues. Quietly happy how this season has progressed.
    Not overly looking forward to the next season. Is there a D10 I can slot into :(

Cheers to all.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I agree, it has been a good season, I noticed last week as I came back up through the field that the mid pack get stuck in, just in bursts it seems as various people have trouble and drop back only to catch back up again when others suffer their misfortunes. I hope the division splits are a bit kinder to you next season and you won't have two refugees from higher divisions stealing all the good podiums. The fact Incey and I finished a point apart shows how close a battle it was, though we didn't actually battle wheel to wheel much during the season we were extremely close in the points race with us sharing wins alternately as the season progressed. I think the defining win was the one that I snatched in round one with the no stop strategy, Incey was quicker but I got the points lead and it was almost a side by side finish which was reflected again in the final points battle. If I had lost that Incey would definitely be Champion as I wouldn't have been able to overhaul him on points from there with him taking most of the bonus points.
    The season went differently to how I envisioned it after the meet and greet. I thought there would be a close bunch at the front sharing wins and podiums and that if I was consistent and scored good finishes where I could, I would be a contender for the title. After round two where Incey blew me away with ease and I took second comfortably I realised it was man to man with someone that was quicker than me but for a couple of tracks where I had a small advantage. I worked and worked at Tokyo and Big Willow to be able to produce good consistent race pace. Tokyo worked out quite well but unfortunately Big Willow didn't work as planned and I am sad that I didn't get a chance to win that on the road.
    I am also not looking forward to the group C car next season but will have a go and hope to be in a division and car some time in the future where I can be a front runner again.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Matthyus likes this.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Great job hosting johnno, just about the best hosting i've seen TBH and picked up third in the championship as well, good stuff. I would have liked to join in the battles in the last race but my team was relying on me to not joke around with the points....if you get my drift. hahaha,
    anyway hopefully i'll still get to race you guys somewhere in the future I have a feeling I'll be moving up the ranks again. it was mostly a fun season.
    Buster_Danis, Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    GR1 cars change a lot of things. They are very fast cars and some of us just don't do well in them. I'm putting my hand up in saying that I do not go well in these cars at all.
    So division cutoff should to a degree take performance of fast cars in the past into account. We will see where we all sit shortly anyhow :)
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll have the race and lap times chart to you in a couple of days.
    Matthyus likes this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    here's a couple to get you started johnno, see how you go. normal sunday settings with fuel x 1 tyres x 1, racing soft, BOP off
    optimal laptime after 6-10 laps
    redbull ring 1.18.8
    bathurst 1.47.3
    i don't know if i could do bathurst for 45 minutes its very intense in this car
    fuel seems to last forever, over an hour at least
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  10. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    @Noremac @Captain_Risky_21 and I did a few laps at Redbull Ring last night too on racing hards, 1:20.01 was our fastest lap. I think fuel needs to be 2/3x otherwise it will be pitting only for tires.
    CaptainRisky21, Noremac and incey like this.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    myabi 32 flat respecting track limits. lotsa lols
  12. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Jesus... one thing I have noticed in this car is that you're going to catch HIV if you go anywhere near the kerbs.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    mines been ok on the kerbs... i thought so anyway, maybe it goes better off them?
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    @xlxy90 maybe we should be proposing to tptb that we try an aggresssive tyre wear and fuel burn setting to bring some more strategy into the racing? @Knuckles what do you reckon?
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Knuck doesnt give a :):):):)
    Buster_Danis, Tristan Jones and CAB77 like this.
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    thank you for your valuable input
    Buster_Danis and xlxy90 like this.
  17. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    The higher power cars gain more from shortshifting don't they? If ever, then this is the time to do it. Mint and I noticed that the R92 tyres wear a lot faster than other Gr1 tyres already though.

I could use my example about being 15th out of 20 in the enduro to put my hand up that i'm slow in Gr1...but the Le Mans race we had Sunday might say otherwise...though i doubt i would be much faster on other tracks. I'll do some testing!

Edit:

What an awesome race! I was tempted to just tuck in and follow towards the end, with the idea of using the draft the overtake you at the last minute. You were managing to slip away out of draft every now and then, so when I came off the bridge well and the draft gave me a burst I took my chance.

We must have swapped positions a few times there! Its great to have racing like that. I def need to make a video of that one! Esp cause I won.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  18. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Or could go the same as the RX7 season.
    RS & RH tyres, must use both during the race, qualifying on either, but must start on the tyre you qualify on.
    That way the wear rate isn't fake, but could also 2X the fuel to make it a factor too.
    My 2c
    incey, Easyprey007 and xlxy90 like this.
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    no RM tyres?
  20. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Nope.
    Might work better with RSS & RH, or RSS RM, so that the softest tyre lasts less than three quarter of a race or something there abouts.
    Needs testing tho