GT Sport Season 4 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 12, 2018.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  2. Heyagarn

Heyagarn Rookie

PSN ID
    Heyagarn
    Sorry guys, not racing tonight
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It would be good to get it done before qual that way I don't have to mess about with manually setting up the grid. 8pm sounds like a good option. This will give us 20 mins to try false starts a couple of times.
    Also 7 laps for qual.
    incey likes this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Trying to resist the siren songs coming from the beer fridge...
    Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Resistance is futile
  6. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Waiting for update to finish copying
  7. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Copying takes forrreeeevvvveeeerrrr.
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 2
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Tristan Jones, emmo46 and Easyprey007 like this.
  9. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Boy, I’m not very good at this game.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    your FL is only .4 behind the next guy. Don't give up!
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  11. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I agree with @Hatfield my first season in gt6 I was lapped twice every race.
    then I went on to get a 2nd and 2 third places in seasons.
    The thing is there is always someone to help.
    Keep practicing turn up every week for the race and you will improve.
    emmo46 likes this.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    When are you available to practise?
    I should note that I'm only 4 seasons old here, with only really 1 practise session per season. Things will improve. Most nights there are racers and lobbies up for you to join. I'll even try and hey on mid week if that is when you can get on. Let me / us know. Always happy to help.
  13. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Consistancy is what gets you there...practise helps. I spent an hour practising through the week, ended up a lot better position in the race!
    Matthyus likes this.
  14. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Don’t worry everyone, I’m not giving up. Had no time to practice for this race as its been a busy week and haven’t done a great deal of practice on the game overall. I wasn’t very good at F1 for the same reason, no practice.

Is there a reason there’s no blue flags? Got caught out by a couple of you who snuck up on me pretty quick.
    Matthyus and Tristan Jones like this.
  15. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I almost got you @Matthyus! That must have been some good pressure seeing the gap drop from 18 seconds down to 2...dunno how you restrained yourself to be nice enough to your tyres and fuel...practise i guess...!

My pb after an hour of practise was 1:30.1...so when i was qualifying and got 30.5, 0.05 ahead of johnno, i got my hopes up...i then took a second off it, and thought great i beat him...looked up and saw he was 0.5 in front of me again...almost parked it there...but though lower fuel might yield something. Sorry to @Green Terror on last lap of qually, i was braking later on last corner so dashed down the inside, and i skidded into him trying to avoid him. I was 0.1 from my best qually, and knew that lap didn't have a perfect last corner....oh well.

Got away nicely with the false start check...and held back bit for first corner traffic...ended up in third before too long. Johnno was hot on my heels, keeping plenty of pressure staying mostly 0.3-0.8 behind me, i wasn't sure if he holding back or not, but the pressure usually makes me get great times if i don't cave and go off track. I knew I wasn't braking as late as i could on the first corner...but tried a bit further and hit a bit of grass...and johnno took the opportunity to pass.

I had tried shortshifting a little, but not short enough to be able to make the whole race. The tyres were a bit worse for wear too...so i figured my default strategy of race as fast as i can and pit when i need to would suffice. I thought about pitting later instead of midway, to get more time on light fuel load, but then i wouldn't get the full advantage of new tyres. I came out of pits 18 seconds behind Johnno, when i next looked and saw the gap at 15 seconds, i figured he must have made a mistake. Then when I saw it keep dropping, i thought he would pit at lap 20-25, taking advantage of less fuel. I thought i might get him, and that my tyres must be holding up better than his. Eventually he told us on party chat he had enough fuel to end the race...i saw the gap getting close though. I kept going flat out, though there was 2 seconds still between us by the end. Well played...i love it when strategy plays such an important part of a race...all those what ifs...if i didn't come off on turn one, if i didn't take extra fuel...

Great test laps at Bluemoon btw...ill have to post the replay vid here in the next few days...
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    my suggestion is to get golds on the circuit experience tracks, especially the one you are about to race on. also benchmark yourself using the fastest sector times from friends. if you get time golding all the licence tests might be worthwhile
    Matthyus and Tristan Jones like this.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    How things change, last week I didn't think I had a chance of a win but won, this week pre race I saw comments saying just below 1:30 was the pace and as I had done some mid to low 29's and not having to pit I was pretty confident. Come qualifying I managed a 28.7, wasn't sure how it happened but was happy and confident. Then @incey unleashed a mid 28 to steal pole, oh well I still should be in with a show. Race start and I feel good and am lapping quicker than I thought I could but incey is just driving off into the distance. I gave it all I could but his FL being a second faster than mine made it impossible to hold him off after his pit stop. I hope I can find some pace for the rest of the season or Incey is just gonna walk this.
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well, that was an interesting race.
    With only the little bit of practise after the race last week, I knew I wasn't going to be competitive with @incey and @emmo46 , I did some decent practise with @Bryan_F on Sat. I was still only hitting 1.30, on occasion. I was reasonably happy with that as it was a drop of 2s from last Sunday.
    PRE QUAL
    Opened the room nice and early as I wanted to get in some practise before the race to see if I could get sub 1.31. To my surprise I managed it and not only just but by a decent margin, hitting into the low 1.29's. I was feeling pretty good.
    Did some False start practise and everyone seemed to do alright after a few, glad we did it though.
    QUAL
    As @Tristan Jones mentioned above, we were fighting for that 3rd spot, but I snuck in with a PB. I was however still .5 of a second from @emmo46 and .8 from @incey. No chance of a Pole with those guys. But still very happy with 3rd.
    RACE
    Started well, however I had my 5yo come into the room for a night kiss and cuddle (I had already given him his several times earlier). This threw my concentration out the window and slammed into the wall just past the chicane.
    Lap 1, now 8th from 3rd :(
    Over the course of the next few laps I clawed my way back past Rae, Fezza and Sooby. Green and Jonesy were having a good ol battle and I was gaining hoping that they would cause themselves issues or slow down.
    I can't remember if Green pitted or had an accident, I think he pitted, but this left just Jonesy and I.
    This is a nice little battle that I'll remember for a while, however it wasn't super close racing, like Jonesy mentioned I kept within .5 to 1s away, never really losing me nor me gaining. Kudos are in order to keeping pace and making me do the same.
    Your very minor slip up on T1, gifted me 3rd. I almost gave it back later that lap....Pressure driving MY FAVORITE!!
    Jonesy pitted mid race and the gap grew to a nice 19s.
    Now the fun began.
    I knew that in testing on Sat with Bryan that I could make 28 laps with a small amount of short shifting, but I changed my tact again and tried something else out. I was watching my fuel gauge like a hawk and as we got closer to 20 laps, the numbers starting to line up. I kept on with my tactic hoping that it would be enough even with Jonesy closing fast, but not quite fast enough. I was keeping nice 1.30 time which as the race results tell, got me home, just.
    Very nice work Jonesy on fighting back
    I crossed the line with 0.1 of a tank left :)

Could I have kept up with @emmo46 had I pitted, unlikely. Even you are too fast for me.

Congrats to @incey , @emmo46 and ME!! for the win and podium.

POST RACE
    Bluemoon is going to be close, looking forward to this.
    emmo46 and Tristan Jones like this.
  19. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Haha thats right...i heard "i already gave you one" in the chat and knew just what it was...i feel for ya...glad my 1 and 4 year old kids were in bed at 7:30 (slept through for 2nd night ever too)

@Green Terror was having a good run...ill have to go have another look at exactly where it happened but i remember him crashing out and then seeing you passing everybody and gaining on me!

Was a great race, impossible to keep my eye off that gap! I was watching to see if we had different speeds through different sections but it was pretty similar, anything we gained or lost wouldn't be repeated there next lap. I seem to fare well during pressure racing...practise just can't do it justice...

Well done again to all...
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    It's nice to be back. Was a fun race last night despite turning it around on the 3rd lap.
    Tristan Jones likes this.