GT Sport Season 4 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 12, 2018.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am sure you will and I also expect improvement from the rest of the field. It should be some good racing.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Matthyus and Easyprey007 like this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    For your viewing pleasure :)
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  3. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    I had to pull out a PB on the last lap just to make sure lol :unsure:
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 4 : Tsukuba Circuit - 44 laps - Sunset 17:20 Sunny - 19/8 (Retro Round)
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type has been changed to Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The FINAL TURN green run off on the outside of the circuit is out of bounds if you have all 4 wheels on it. You should have 2 WHEELS on the ripple strip at least, which allows the other 2 wheels to be on the green run off

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

TYRES : You can use any of the sports tyre compounds at any time

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    BEWARE: If you don't slow down enough on pit entry, instead of the game taking over the pitstop process, you will be spat out the other side
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight into T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

RETRO ROUND : Show off your retro liveries! I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  5. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, I had more fun tonight than my last outing. Ran in my Retro Days Of Thunder inspired livery, which I actually love. It’s not quite as good as some of the liveries made on this site, but I’m pretty proud of it hahaha. If I eliminated a few mistakes (ran off the road on the final bend way too many times) I would’ve been sitting a little bit better than I was. I actually think my best lap time was around a second slower than the fastest lap of the race.

In the end, I had what I considered a pretty fun battle with RAE1982. Seemed every time he was in front, he’d make a mistake and just when I think I can pounce, I made the exact same mistake. Every time I was in front (by 10 seconds at one point) I’d mess up epically and let him back in front. In the end, I made a move on him on the final lap to take 10th place. There was contact, and as I rarely actually get close enough to pass someone, I’m not sure if I made a wrong move or not, so if he’s got any issues with the pass then I’d like to know. I might upload my angle later on just to get some opinions anyway as it’s the only way I’ll learn.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 4
    Qual
    @scottb721 qualled 4th
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Green Terror - DSC - 1.01.271
  7. Heyagarn

Heyagarn Rookie

PSN ID
    Heyagarn
    I somehow bolted off the line and went from last to 7th or 8th, ran well for a few laps then the concentration just dropped for some unknown reason, last again, caught Jurassicmark and Rae I think, later on chased Easyprey hard for ages, finally passed him and yet again, kitty litter last corner haha. Ended up lonely 9th after poor fuel management as well. Watched in awe as Incey just cruised on past lapping me. Thanks guys, look forward to next race and 3 Heuers du Mans!
    incey and Tristan Jones like this.
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    That went better than expected. Got some really good tips during the week racing with faster guys, especially luck and knucks so that i could occasionally get in the mid 1.00's. then on sunday arvo had a quick chat with @arakasi and he suggested turning the abs back to default. once i did this the mid 1.00's came fairly regularly. i heard on the grapevine that @emmo was getting consistently mid low 1.00's so I thought it was going to be a lot closer on the night. best qually lap was the first flyer....this seemed to happen a lot in practices too. my race fastest lap for awhile was the second lap too. don't know where i got the 100.2 from, i couldn't get near it even after a pitstop for tyres
    Most of the guys I caught up to let me through pretty quickly so thanks for that, it is really appreciated when trying to build a gap.
    Turn 1 i got a little tap from emmo and i thought 'this is gonna be intense' but i got away to a bit of a lead after that.
    I thought i would be able to go all the way without stopping but when @emmo had a few entanglements and the lead got out to 14 seconds i knew i had enough buffer to get a fresh set of tyres. While i was sitting there pepsi and rae i think it was unlapped themselves and i thought, dammit, there goes emmo. When i came out though emmo gave me the good news that i was just in front of him. that made my night!
    with the new tyres it was pretty easy to get consistent laps and did it fairly easily in the end. good to see a full field for the start and good job again johnno on the hosting
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I couldn't get near the times I was doing in practice during the week, don't have clue why. My night didn't go well at all but there are still three more races to go. Well done @incey, you were just too quick and consistent.
  10. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I don't miss spinning! Spinning after halfway or so cost me 13 seconds on that lap...noone to blame except myself though...though the tyres copped an earbashing.

I only had one practise session, in which i worked out i could no stop...and after emmos success with no stop i didn't even try and test, as the tyres seemed to be holding up ok and getting good times. I ended up shifting a bit too early compared to my practise and had 3 laps of fuel or so left at the end, could have used that down the straight!

My pb during my 30 mins of practise pre race was 1:01.6, though optimum was 1:01.0. I think my qually was a 1:01.2, which seemed ok but felt funny because i had changed from short shifting to get a little better qually time, and just mucked up my flow. During practise I started to second guess how long the tyres would last, after halfway I could still get good laps but needed to be much more careful. I figured I would take it easy and make the last half of the race easier on myself by not having badly worn tyres, and everyone else is surely doing a no-stop, so my tyres will be better.

Starting near the back of the grid, I didn't help by missing the green (by a fraction) by second guessing my BB setting. Going slow around the outside of the first bend, i didn't get involved in some of the traffic, and started moving up a few places. Everyone seemed to have some good pace! Awesome to have a full field. One by one people crashed out, and I started chasing down @Matthyus . I usually keep my mic off during race, though I can hear the party chat, and had to respond to Johnno when he told me to go away...and eventually overtook when he hit a bit of sand. I expected him to come back, but the gap grew to a few seconds. I started chasing down @fezza, getting the 4 second gap down to under 3, but then the tyres hit their wall of no grip, and I couldn't push the last corner the same and I spun. I thought I would be close to last, though I was still in front of a few, and got back into it. People pitting would now be my only chance I thought. I caught up to @Easyprey007 and others, surprised at how I was able to pass, mostly just capitalising on mistakes though. Eventually I saw Fezza coming out of pits...4 seconds in front of me. I knew with new tyres it would be a long shot to catch him, but I figured that was better than looking back to the small gap behind me that easyprey was not letting go of easy.

Ended up 5th, which I was very surprised to do having spun! Had some good little battles in the race, next week should be interesting strategy for us all! Well done to the podium as always, and of course to Johnno for your impeccable hosting yet again.
    Matthyus, incey, emmo46 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I was stoked to have finally had a full field on the track. It made this track very full of cars which made the night interesting.
    When we hit this track in the M&G I had fond memories of it, however it is when you drive it in lower powered cars in the old GT games. This car has a bit more zip than those.
    During my practice, this track became an official non-favorite of mine. I really struggled to put any decent lap together,, rarely breaking into the 1.01 time zone. I even managed a full race prac just before the race and still couldn't break it, even with team mates sitting on my bonnet giving me tips. Cheers BTW guys.

QUAL
    This leads to here.
    I'm really trying to increase my overall pace to at least get 1 Pole in a Rooz race, but I still struggle to get a decent qual time and today was no different. Did good, hitting a PB with 1.01.192, but miles from Pole. Got 5th. Mid pack!! Happy and slightly miffed at the same time.

RACE
    As expected T1 was a nice tight corner but aside from some rubbing on the doors, it was all clean.
    I keep on @fezza for a few laps, until I was slightly over zealous with the throttle and went wide on Hairpin 2. @Rumbleshorts to his credit stuck with me and took my place. We battled for a bit and I over took 5th, not wanting to be behind him after his comments in PSN chat :p
    But it was about now that the dreaded loss of concentration hit. Dirt naps and general untidy racing let to me dropping from 5th to 8th or 9th.
    Internally, I was devastated that I let it happen, but I said no to that feeling and regrouped. 3rd is mine!!
    I stuck on @Tristan Jones for a good bit, applying some pressure and he went wide and slid on the last corner, I sniped the spot.
    Not long later @scottb721 had a decent spin after Hairpin 2 and I took that. Moving up in the world!!
    Took @Rumbleshorts again on the way back up the grid and sat in 4th with a very decent gap of 9s+ to @fezza
    Went to work on catching him and got it down to about 6s and he pitted. I passed the pits and took 3rd.
    10 laps remaining and I looked at the leader board and saw that @scottb721 had made amends and was making some serious headway.
    He got to within 2s+ from 6s+ and I was highly concerned that he was going to putting some full on pressure. I knew that he is faster than me, so was (likely not quietly saying to myself, :):):):)) but to my surprise he pitted on lap 41. Thank the lords!!
    The gap to @fezza was decent 9s+, so with only 3 laps left I just kept my laps tidy crossed the line in 3rd.
    Yup, no pit strategy paid off yet again to net me 3rd, including the 3rd fastest lap time in D4. Yup I broke 1.01 with a 1.00.698!!!

I'll be putting a video together as I want to capture this moment for sure!! Also likely that I completely forgot large portions of this race. Or stuffed up the order of things. I can barely remember most of the race.

Next race
    Yup Looking towards next week already!!
    As it is the Endurance round next week, as I normally do I would like to start this race at least 30 mins earlier if not 1hr.
    This has to be 100% agreed upon before it goes ahead so the sooner you respond the better.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm ok with 30 mins earlier.
  13. Green Terror

Green Terror New Recruit

30 mins earlier is ok with me. Can do an hour if that's better
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I could do an hour earlier too.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    1 hour would be great
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

30 or 60 earlier fine with me.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Endurance round confirmed early start
    I'll update the post as more racers confirm.
    1. NLR @@Matthyus (>1hr)
    2. ICR @@Green Terror (>1hr)
    3. RZR @@fezza
    4. Privateer @@Easyprey007 (>1hr)
    5. BHR @@Tristan Jones (30mins maybe 1hr if the missus allows :)
    6. GRT @@emmo46 (>1hr)
    7. RZR @@incey (>1hr)
    8. TLR @@Kieran_B33 (reserve)
    9. PRT @@robin edwards (>1hr)
    10. GRT @@Jurassic Mark (>1hr)
    11. SAR @@Heyagarn (>1hr)
    12. GRT @@scottb721 (>1hr)
    13. Privateer @@AroGantz (reserve)
    14. NLR @@Rumbleshorts (>1hr)
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    incey likes this.
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    don't think the empire's weapon will notify individuals
    Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    No but it's a start :)
    I'll chase up the missing racers later in the week, once everyone has had a few days to read it.
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Been a long time since I did a race report so here goes nothing.

Started out with a a dud start off the line losing a valuable second or so. Going in to turn 1, eased off to ensure I didn't cause any carnage and everyone seemed to go through fine. Got jammed in behind Johnno and stuck on his heels on and off for a few laps. He made an error and I took my chance, but couldn't shake him. Then it was my turn to have a brain art (rather than a shart) and took the last corner to fast and went into the gravel and succumbed my spot (and a couple extras). From there I just did laps trying to improve my best time until the end with some luck in a a couple.of place changes followed by brain fades.

Overall I had a good race but need to hold it together mentally a bit more and the expositions will come. Especially prudent with the Enduro coming up next round.
    incey, Matthyus and emmo46 like this.