GT Sport Season 4 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Alrighty. The race today will start 1hr earlier at 730 EST.
    Qual is 720 EST.
    Room will be open 1hr before Qual.
    As we are racing before the normal race time could I ask that if you are not racing in D4 could you not enter the room to prevent lag issues upon entry. Cheers.
    incey likes this.
  2. robin edwards

robin edwards Team Driver

PSN ID
    rae1982
    i cant make 730 race i am busy till 7:45 so i am out this week unfortunally
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Maybe we can start qually @ 7:50
  4. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    thinking 30 mins earlier?
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I wouldn't want to exclude anyone so if an hour is too early then 30 mins would be better. An 8:00pm start should see us finished by usual time of 9:30
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'm happy either way.
    30 mins it is if @robin edwards can confirm he would be there?
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Due to commitments, today's race is now starting at 8PM EST, with Qual at 750PM EST.
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 5
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Green Terror - DSC - 2.13.077
    emmo46 and scottb721 like this.
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    A race I did not deserve to get the position I got. Managed to snag it via strategy and a tired Incey.
    GG to @emmo46 , @Tristan Jones on your Win and Podium finish!!
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  10. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, that was a boring race. Had some fun mixing it with a few guys for the first 3 Laps, then spun and went straight to the back. Managed to gain a position and then for the most part was 50 seconds behind the car in front and 50 seconds in front of the car behind
  11. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    yew! First podium!

What a race...consistancy pays well. Also I spent an hour or two practising, and had no crashes...not including some minor wall bumps.

I thought i might actually be close to @emmo46 and @incey pace when i was so close in the first few laps...but then they started pulling away and i lost the dream...but i was slowly building the gap back to @Green Terror, so i resisted the urge to break rhythm and kept shortshifting to make the 2 stop possible. Turns out i was quicker in the second half of the lap, some laps I would catch incey by a second over the last 2 sections. I knew from testing my tyres were still good after 20 laps, so I figured I would skip tyres on the first pit. Incey was 6-9? seconds ahead when he pitted at lap 13, after i pitted at lap 14 he was only 3 seconds ahead. He soon helped me by spinning...DUNNO how he only lost 6 seconds on a spin! Thats great control. I worked on building the gap...but that 6 seconds went up and down like a yoyo. I saw I was on track for another 14 laps of fuel...so I started letting the revs get a big higher, but my lap times seemed to be hurt rather than helped. I guess because it made me enter the next corner faster, which upset rhythm and required more braking. The gap got out to 10 seconds, but then it started closing again...and i realised that the tyres were losing me precious time. Was glad to get new tyres on at lap 37, the diamond showed i only needed 90% fuel to finish race but i filled full anyway, didn't want to risk it, noone was that close anyway. I didn't spend much time looking behind me once Incey dropped off, but @scottb721 was gaining quickly for a while, i think it was while i was on worn tyres where i was still a second off my best lap.

@Matthyus was 24 seconds behind me before first pit, and finished 23 seconds behind me...so that might have been a different race if he got a good start...

Well done to Emmo, i can't believe i was only a second per lap behind you!
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well I am going to have to go back to labelling my homebrews. Drank the five percenters instead of the fours. Was pretty messy by the second half of the race. Great times @emmo46, you were untouchable there. well done on your podium @Tristan Jones and another third for johnno. maybe i subconsciously didn't want the drop round to be too many points...
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    With the limited practice I managed, I was ok with 2.13, as this was better than our quick laps the week prior by a second. Thought I would be in the mix.
    How wrong was that assumption.
    QUAL
    Got a 2.13 in Qual and got 4th. 2s behind @emmo46 , but not far from @Tristan Jones . Was pretty happy with it.
    RACE
    A little birdie last week mentioned that after sitting on my bonnet for ages that I could go without TC for this race and I gave it a go during practice and didn't have any issues. I thought, lets give it a shot.
    Lights go out and I sit there spinning my wheels like a madman. In an instant I realize FFS, I don't have TC on. Dropped about 3 positions on the line.
    For the first 8 ish laps I'm caught in traffic and dodgem cars. I even had to redress due to a dodgem car antic that I may have caused. Sorry @Jurassic Mark . This put me to 2nd last. :(
    But yet again, I used my resolve to not let 3rd slip away. I'm glad it was the endro though, the extra laps proved the deciding factor.
    I knuckled down and got to work to clean up my laps and make some serious progress.
    Several racers in front me pitted lap 8 - 9, and I took advantage.
    Through accidents or different pit strategies I managed to make my way to 5th with about half the race remaining.
    I had been keeping an eye on those infront and when they had pitted to gauge their strategy.
    I knew @incey 's strat was going to be the roughly same as mine, but @scottb721 I didn't know. I had noticed that he had pitted about 10 - 12, thus likely a 3 pit. As I was 10s behind, I was gaining and losing time not making much ground, @scottb721 is a litle faster than me, so this was expected. However to my surprise he passed incey on about lap 30. He still hadn't pitted for his 3rd and was still only about 10s away. He finally pitted about lap 34 - 35 and I flew past him going F'Yeah!! (sorry :) )
    4th now. All I had was @incey to chase down. By this point in my race I had managed to not only break my PB 3 times, but I kept my lap times to within a smidgen of each other in the 2.12.1 range. This allowed me along with a tired and slightly drunk incey to take 3rd with a couple of laps left.
    What a mammoth race to go from second last and then to be sitting on the podium.
    @Tristan Jones you are right in that if my start had been better, this race would have been a good one between us, but even you likely would have outclassed me as you were faster consistently.

Congrats again to @emmo46 on his wonderful drive.
    Same for @Tristan Jones , congrats on your first podium for the season / ever?
    For me, very happy to take 3rd, although my sentiment stands in that I feel I didn't earn it how I would have liked to have earned it.

Looking forward to the week off to rest and relax before the dreaded Big Willow. Who will survive the dust is any bodies guess.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was a great comeback drive you should be proud of and I believe you deserved the place. I also watched the replay and you were not responsible for the incident.
    Easyprey007 and Matthyus like this.
  15. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    In regards to the redress, at the time I certainly didn’t think you needed to and wouldn’t have had any issues if you just drove away. I haven’t seen the replay, and can’t remember exactly what happened, but I’m pretty sure I was pushing as hard as I possibly could and was right on my limits for a large portion of that specific part of the race. Any bumping could’ve very easily been, and probably was, my fault. And if the footage does show I was the problem there, apologies for holding you up in that way.

And for anyone else, unless you blatantly drill me off the circuit, don’t be too concerned with a redress. I won’t be submitting any protests until my own driving skills improve. I’ll be more likely to post here asking if it was my fault or not so I can learn from it. So if you look at the footage and it’s my fault, please let me know.
    xlxy90, JonoStan96, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Racing incident.
    Matthyus and Jurassic Mark like this.
  17. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Sounds like the attitude most of us take in Div4...more likely to redress when not needed than drive away from a punt...gotta love this crowd.

Driving in race traffic comes with a bit of experience. I'm still relatively new myself, and am constantly in awe of the drivers in other divisions!
    Matthyus and Jurassic Mark like this.
  18. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    It seems to be a pretty level headed group of people here. Which makes trying to learn a bit better when no one gets abusive hahaha.

I just went to have a look at my replay, but my replay started at lap 14 and it was all well and truely before that. But speaking of learning, after last weeks race I mentioned a pass on Rae1982 and said I’d upload for opinion on if it was an ok pass, well, I finally got around to it. So I’m keen to know if I was alright here regarding the contact;

JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    After watchinh the replay, there wasn't much I could have done to avoid the collision. Still, I did hit Jurassic into the wall and I took his position in the process. IMO even with that knowledge I would have still redressed.
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    looks ok to me
    Jurassic Mark likes this.