GT Sport Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 25, 2018.

1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I mean, you want the first half of your race. I'll take the 2nd half of mine lol.

Edit: Also let me know if the grid is looking empty come sunday, will happily have a crack at LM from scratch and have some fun in the midfield for a couple hours.
    REVO_Bryan and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i've added you to the div 1 chat
    StigsTC likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    8+ stigs thus far
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  5. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I might not make it tonight, have family coming over later this afternoon and I don't think they'll be interested in watching an hour and a half of simracing if I'm honest :unsure: I'll be back for the final round hopefully as I'm away next week.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ask them, the answer may surprise you...

my wife and her mother once watched me do a full race and were cheering by the end of it lol
  7. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    My dad always talks and actually annoys me if he watches, so from that i hate people watching me lol
    xlxy90 likes this.
  8. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Have come down with the flu after a week long school camp and a basketball tournament. more than likely i won't be racing.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    racing helps you sweat it out...
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Don't particularly feel like blowing my nose every 2 laps.
  11. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I have cooked myself chasing a red ball around a field today so will avoid missing braking markers and crashing into things with you guys this evening. Apologies.
  12. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Family couldn’t give a damn about racing, however my mates watched the S12 ROC which is probably my greatest drive to date and heiled me as the next Jamie Whincup cause they know absolutely nothing about racing :laugh:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Sorry all. I put myself a mile back early and It was to lonely for me back there. I felt like I was going backwards. I won't make a habit of leaving the race like that and I will be back to try again next week. I even did about 5 practice laps today :(
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Fun race but once Keeden got by it was all over red rover. Glad to have kept my 100% podium finishing record intact. Big props to Jason for those mega first few laps.
    razor4797 and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Qualified ok to be in the top half and got a good start to jump ahead of the row in front to get into the top 4-5 early on.
    Knowing I would need to save fuel for the 10 lap stint, I was conserving in the slipstream of those battling ahead @JonoStan96 @razor4797
    This was working well and once I had conserved enough I made the move up to 2nd with @KeedenMcdonald in the distance.
    Unfortunately razor missed his braking point and I was in the sand.
    He waited for me and the next 2 stints included new Razor-brand DRS on the straights.
    We caught a fuel saving @MINT_GTR but I then binned it after passing him undoing my hard work.
    Fought back to 4th and made no more major errors to finish there.

Well done podium!
    razor4797 likes this.
  16. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I would have been laughing if this was a sprint round!
    The first few laps were perfect, I got a mighty start and picked off Mint and Jono into T1 and then a rare mistake from Keeden put me in the lead. I felt very comfortable and the car felt good.
    I led about 4 or 5 laps but eventually the raw pace of Jono and Keeden caught up to me and the pressure piled.
    Slight errors let them both through and now Hatfield was hounding me.
    He got passed and we both then caught back up to Jono.

Unfortunately I outbraked myself at the end of the Mulsanne and fisted Hatfield’s gearbox and off he went into the sandpit.
    I waited for him and we continued on, losing 2 places in the process.
    I felt horrible so I worked with Hatfield down the straights and we regained our original places.

While all of this was going on I was feeling increasingly uncomfortable and beginning to feel pain, the toilet was calling my name and at the second pit stop I had to go.
    In hindsight I should have pressed pause that way when the car finished the stop it would automatically continue around the track at a decent pace. However I wasn’t sure if GTS did that or if it was more like GT6 in the way that the car gets held in pit lane.
    Regardless by the time I got back to the controller the car was sat nicely in the sand after the pits and I’d lost about 25 seconds or so... That threw away the chance at a possible 3rd or 4th place.

The final stint was garbage, my focus was out the window, I made mistakes galore and I still wasn’t feeling great even after my toilet break.
    And to make matters worse I realised 3 laps til the end that either I’d really stuffed my pit strategy or the car got underfuelled in the last pit stop, I’m still not sure.

High - the first stint
    Low - from the moment I entered the pits for my last stop onwards

Great drive again from Keeden, solid performance from Jono making his return and a mighty comeback from Mint too.

See you next week
  17. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    So this what the start of qualifying on the outlap

@MINT_GTR when letting his dog qualify for him ends in this result lol
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  18. Hihatjoe

Hihatjoe New Recruit

PSN ID
    Hihatjoe
    That's awesome looks like my cat tryingt to drive!
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  19. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Hasnt quite mastered the braking yet.... he rage quit after that and let me finish the night!! Good boy :roflmao:
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 5 condensed into <11 mins