GT Sport Season 6 Car Vote

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 11, 2018.

?

Season 6 Car Selection:

Poll closed Dec 25, 2018.
  1. McLaren P1 GTR 2016 on Racing Tyres

63.3%
  2. Group B Rally Car on Sport Tyres

36.7%
  1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    After tonight’s FIA race, I’m starting to question the car choice for next season...especially if you’re not in Division 1
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    How so?
  3. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    It's a woeful car, in my opinion. I was in Bryan's race and came practically last after I spun out.

The car looks and sounds good, but it's a handful. It's too fast, and the brakes do not stop it well at all. It pivots under brakes easily and doesn't bite. It feels like there's too much rear end. You also need to be smooth on throttle as if that wasn't bad enough. You can barely race with it- the car is unpredictable and only with finesse does it reward you.

Honestly, it's just too fast and the brakes are insufficient. It's a super exclusive race variant of an already super exclusive hypercar. It's made for track days and to lap middle class people in their pride and joy racecars. It doesn't dogfight; it's built to leave the opposition in the dust. It's not conducive to racing in my opinion.
    pat65, Easyprey007, Apex_64 and 2 others like this.
  4. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Personally I think we shouldve slowed things down a bit this season after the R92 season. Whilst the car can be unpredictable I think it is going to separate the men from the boys. On anything other than RH tires (which make it a real handful) it is a beast to drive and brings a real smile to my face when I'm purple each lap. It may be a difficult car to race with but I think that's why it will be so good
    Tristan Jones and Buster_Danis like this.
  5. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    drive to the cars limits not yoiur own expectations.
    if you do, even one handed it is a hoot!!!

As a side, why wasnt the car that shall not be named chosen?
    [​IMG]
  6. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    oh it does bring a big smile to the face
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Gr8 to have the voice of poetic clarity back :inlove:
    Crunch likes this.
  8. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, if you treat the P1 with respect, it will reward you. Thrash it and you’ll trash it!
    It does take time to get your head around the speed vs brakes & handling, but it’s tonnes of fun once you do.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I worked out how to drive the car around NBR GP track but it took some time and patience. You can't engine brake, that is a huge no-no. It will spit the back end of the car out very quickly!

Racing will be tough, no out-braking unless you want to eat kitty litter. A drag race out of a corner will take huge balls to try and get the power down first!
    Crunch and Buster_Danis like this.