GT Sport Season 6 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Noxy's long winded race report.

I had a heart pounding qualifying. Was looking at 11th on the grid before my final run. I finally managed to put a clean run in and managed to nab 8th on the grid with basically my time from my hotlap vid. Happy with that I knew this was going to be a hard race for me.

Got off the line well and managed to get in front of @apex2691 for the first corner. Then i put my head down and tried to keep up with @Noremac and @Captain_Risky_21 . I managed to reel them in after a few laps as they were battling pretty hard.

Tucked in behind norm i was happy to just be there and wanted to just keep the pace with them. Norm had a compromised entry/exit into the final corner and all the sudden i had the perfect line and speed. I roared around him onto the straight. Crap im no good being the leader. It was around now that half the field dropped out from my network. On my screen it looked like i had a clear track with norm on my back. But in reality me and risky were inside each other (prepare for inuendos).

I did ok for a bit, put some consistent laps in. Then norm decided he had enough and put the pressure on me. I crumbled. Messed up my focus and he was all over me. He had a look on 3rd corner on the inside going left up the hill. A little nudge and this pushed me wide touching the dirt and on the wrong line going up the hill. I tried to keep my line tight for the right hander but norm snuck his nose in on the 2nd apex. Unwittingly squeezing him we just touch. This was enough to unsettle my car and push me wide again. This time the dirt claiming me. I was very lucky i was able to spin my car back onto the tarmac and do a quick 360 losing minimal time. This allowed @Hatfield and @Motors560 through.

Put on the backfoot i made a split decision to try and go for the undercut. Probably not my greatest decision with hindsight haha. I pitted early for softs on lap 14. After a few absolutely horrid laps coming to terms with my new softs it looked like my gamble almost paid off. Norm came out the pits directly beside me. We went into the first corner side by side. I carried to much speed to try and get around him and i went wide onto the dirt, almost ruining my race. I regained control and tried to keep up with norm.

This is when i realised i made a terrible mistake. Norm was already pulling away at considerable pace and hatfield was handily catching me every single lap.
    It wasn't long before hatfield was on my ass and i couldn't really do much about it. He got past me relatively easy as i knew i just had knowere near the tire health he had. I decided to just try and keep up with him and hope for a mistake from him. Behind him at one stage i put in what i thought was a flawless lap. Yet he still did a faster lap time than me. It was at this stage i reserved myself in the fact the race had gone away from me.

With what i thought at that stage only holdenman was behind me. I eased a bit and tried to just bring the car home in one piece. What was scary watching tynesiders replay was @groover33 and the rest weren't that far off me. I could of very easily been overtaken by them and not even known it.

I can say im happy i brought my car home for a solid 6th. Up 2 places from qualifying. Again i capitalised on others misfortune. (Keep it up guys, makes me look faster than i really am). But it would have been interesting to see what i could have achieved if not for my spin and my split decision tire strat.

Anyway i learned more about pit strategy and tire wear in this race than the first race. So I'll take that experience on board for future races.

Congrats to podium finishers @KeedenMcdonald ,@Bryan_F and my team mate @xlxy90 . You guys were on another level.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    StigsTC, REVO_Bryan, Hatfield and 5 others like this.
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Giggity
    Matthyus, Noxrai and xlxy90 like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 3 :
    Blue Moon Infield A II - 2x18 laps - 6:30 Fine - 24/2 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers

TYRES : For the sprint round, we will be using ONLY RACING SOFTS.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Internet just came back on today. It seems to be holding up for now. Telstra said it may go out again. They say it won't be fixed properly until the 25th. I will try and give as much notice as possible if it goes out on Sunday or before. When I tried to join the track on Sunday using 4g my car was just driving and smashing to the pit wall then the pit garages. I thought my wheel was cooked.
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Artist interpretation:

I ran all of GTS so far on 4G because my home connection keeps giving me NAT Type 3 and I can't find rooms. Sucks that you get screwed over like that.
    aranteamo and Russell like this.
  7. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Artist interpretation

That was me lol. Never had it happen before. My girlfriend was doing some time trial laps and I was cooking dinner before the race. I was watching her a little. She was driving smooth on the wheel (way smoother then me lol). So I couldn't blame her lol. I was relieved when I realized it was my connection.
  8. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    My only bit of prac so far. half fuel fresh softs.
  9. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Do you think there will be room for me tonight??
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I don't think anyone has pulled out tonight yet... just have to wait and see unfortunately
    ssman244 likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    actually on second look, OP shows @Noremac missing this round
    so if @apex2691 doesn't race, that opens the spot for you
    ssman244 likes this.
  12. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I'm unlikely to make it in time. Bball grand final at 5 and im an hour and a bit away from home.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok thanks for the heads up
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Can't make it tonight :thumbsdown:
    Gr8 to have u back SSman :thumbsup:, have a crack at keeping Beau in sight :D
    ssman244 and Hatfield like this.
  15. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    As unlikely as it is, I'll try keep an eye on him :laugh:
    StigsTC likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    this is easiest done in bumper cam as you can use the rear view mirror to see @KeedenMcdonald as he comes up to lap you. (at least in my experience)
    StigsTC and ssman244 like this.
  17. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'll also miss tonight. Watching my team lose miserably in the a league
  18. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: Considering my best lap before the start was a 1.09.61 I was happy with a 7 flat to get P2.
    Race 1: Dodgy start running wide and had to catch @Noxrai after catching and clearing him I had to use my tyres to break the slipstream and had nowhere near the pace to catch @KeedenMcdonald
    Race 2: After a good start making some early positions, got caught up in an incident and dropped to last. Had some great battles to get back up into 7th eventually. Glad to be back, hopefully with a bit more practise I can get a bit more pace going into the next few rounds (If I can fit on the grid ofc)
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Still a top quality racer mate. Good to see the rust hasn't hurt you much.
    ssman244 and Noxrai like this.
  20. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Once I realised you had the better pace, I just decided to bump draft you so we could get away from the pack and try and solidify a podium for ourselves. Flawless 1st race from you mate.

My race report:
    At qualy everyone it seemed were pulling out 1.09s and i just could'nt break 1.10 barrier. Then as luck would have it beau got in front of me and i tried to follow him. This proved to be an amazing tool as I managed to get my best quali of the season so far for 4th on the grid with a pesonal best 1.09. Thanks @KeedenMcdonald
    Got a a solid start and managed to keep my nose clean into the first corner. Ended up coming out in 2nd. But i suck out in front so missed all my lines. @ssman244 caught me pretty quickly, i tired defending for a bit but like a said earlier i realised we both had a great chance at a podium if i didn't slow us down. I let him through and bump draft him on the next straight. Right after, going into the the left hairpin i touched the grass braking into the corner and had the biggest heart pounding powerslide around the hairpin. I bloody caught the thing but i needed a change of pants. Holy crap that was close!
    This put almost a 1 second gap between myself and flek. That gap very slowly built over the entirety of the race. But I am over the moon i was able to keep a very consistent pace and nab 3rd place. Very happy with that result.

2nd race was the complete opposite for me. Got caught up in too many battles. Some mistakes from others lost me some positions and then i had a few mistakes myself. Lost my focus, banged walls and generally drove like a grandma. I even gifted @Captain_Risky_21 a position at the end because im such a nice guy....and i in no way thought the the finish line was closer :rolleyes: