GT Sport Season 6 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Oh that's nuts. You had great pace. Got past me pretty easily early on.
    That 3rd right hander at the start of the race though. I'm glad i didn't turn in early. I saw you coming in hot in my rear view mirror. Decided to delay my turn in a just a little to let you through without hitting me.
    But then after you got past me on the next lap you had a tangle with was it apex at the hairpin? What a horrid season you are having.

Did you hurt someone in you previous life haha?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Slow boring race for me. As always I just try and keep it as clean as possible for the first few laps, especially when starting up the back end. I don't think that was everyone else's plan. I was probarly to conservative. Anyways I coped a few bumps dive bombs and even a raming in the first few laps. My confidence in the cars around me was shot and in myself fading fast. I was cross eyed after the first few laps. I was just driving around very slow scared to push the car to my brake markers with any cars around me. Noxrai awesome race craft and awesome repsect. Spewing I was so burnt out and couldn't of given you a better race then just parking the bus on you. Sorry Apex for a bit of a dive bome on you late in the race. I had zero effort and ability at that stage. I don't know why I was even contesting any position.
    By the end of the race I didn't know what I was doing out there. Massive brain fart and put another set of super softs on. Honest mistake.
    Well done top 3.
    Bryan the beast #lifting#newlevel
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    NP, but can you close the doors on that ******* bus your driving, great defending :thumbsup:
    I feel your pain, i too have felt like a battering ram, but I am so rusty for racing. While happy and surprised at my pace it is a real dogfight out there. Then I realized this is easily the most competitive and fast depth wise Div1 grid since I have joined rooz. There is some cream missing in Bob, Stig, Crunch and Party but all racers bar me :laugh: have excelled here. This is producing really hot competitive racing with virtually anyone on the grid having and probably feeling a legitimate chance of a podium. My pit strategy has been flawlessly pathetic, my race craft ordinary at best, but I have enjoyed the 2 races I have done more than most. Look forward to swapping paint again with everyone at nurb,,,well except Beau:alien:.
    P.S. Has Bryan's ID been checked, if it is correct can we drug test him? ;)
    ssman244, StigsTC, Russell and 5 others like this.
  4. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Or something bit him and he is slowly turning into an :alien:
    Russell, REVO_Bryan and Matthyus like this.
  5. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Cool story, but I think the more mundane explanation is that this season’s regulations have worked perfectly in my favor, placing a premium on tire management. Which in turn allows me to execute agressive pit strategies.

I’ve surprised even myself with my run of results so far (3 seconds, 1 third). Definitely the best start to a season I’ve ever had.
    ssman244, Apex_64, StigsTC and 5 others like this.
  6. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    You have been no slouch in outright 1 lap pace too, and i think your consistency has paid off too.

I've noticed im probably mid or even near the back of the pack when it comes to outright pace but i think my own consistency over a race has proven to be my one redeeming quality in div 1. Getting places because of others mistakes seems to be a recuring theme so far.
  7. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog

Cheers Apex. It felt like a repeat of last week. I am not pointing fingers. I know the best fix is practice more, qualify better and race better.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2019
    Apex_64, Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  8. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Well done @KeedenMcdonald and @Bryan_F you 2 are a step ahead. I'm stoked with my fightback after a shambles last week.

Bring on the ring
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yep missed my brake marker but I’ve had plenty of practice in avoiding other cars whilst out of control this season. Seems it’s a Gr.4 thing, as I spent most of the Mustang season getting taken out in new and exciting ways.
    Noxrai likes this.
  10. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    To be fair I was only good when I put the miles in. Bob was always quick, Crunch was deadly on his day and Party just sort of acquired good results under the radar. Arrive and drive me was a pretty meh midfield. GT6 I was pretty crap until the Teams Championship for BHR under SPL's leadership with Jay, BMX and Incey to coach really got me in to season GT6 12/13 to actually have a crack at the front end.
    @Bryan_F recruiting me for the GTS S2 in the Mustang got me to the finish of that one just out of respect for how much of a top guy he is, notably my exposure to his leadership and effort of helping the GTS guys (and why it makes sense that he has been mega in such a strategy heavy season) but it showed the gap between running laps mid week with enthusiasm and motivation vs rolling up and seeing what happens come Sunday night.

That said I still lurk like crazy and you are absolutely right in regards to the field quality; Risky, Norm, Xlxy, Nox have all appeared and gone straight to fighting in the top half, Hat and Bryan have found their strides to the podium on a far more regular basis, Russell has been my smokey pick since GT6 S12, while Motors, Jono and yourself have always been guys I worry about. Pretty sure I've seen notably good races out of Razor, Viperzed and Holdenman in the past few seasons, the order seems far more mixed up in GTS than it did in GT6, the contenders in GT6 were always there or there abouts regardless of cars and regs, but with GTS we've seen guys running 10th on the podium and vice versa, its been really cool to see just about everyone have a season that suits them and gets them better results. It just shows that the gaps are smaller in the new era for the order to be so fluid every season compared to how rigid things seemed previously. The only really consistent thing is Keeden in first, everyone else 2nd but even then the gaps at which he's achieving that change each season. Good times here at Rooz.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Ditto
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 5 :
    Nurburgring 24hr - 10 laps - 15:00 Cloudy - 10/3 (Endurance Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT - This will be limited to ONE out lap and ONE timed lap
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Hard Tyre. After that, one other set, of other compound tyres is allowed. (no limit on the amount of RH tyres). If you run out of fuel/tyres even after making a pitstop, you can pit a second time, however if you have already used a different set of racing tyres other than Hard, then you would need to change back onto the Hards.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Motors560, Noxrai, Russell and 7 others like this.
  13. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Put me down for a one-off in round 6 if there is room.
    Good excuse to learn the track and throw a spanner into the mix.
    Russell and Hatfield like this.
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Would be good to see everyone in the lobby early tonight. We all know qualifying around nurb takes more time than it should and we ideally don't want any connection issues to push us back further.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we had some sight/stuck on grid issues and tried a new host.
    when we got underway with no point of return, @apex2691 unfortunately got stuck.
    I pit on lap 2 and found the room settings didn't allow anything other than hards so we have post-poned round 5 until after round 7.

Thanks to all for your patience, sorry for the wasted time.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    re-run will occur on 31/3 and qualifying positions from tonight will be used
  17. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    @apex2691 good news for you is you will get a second chance, hopefully next time won’t be stuck on the grid again
    Apex_64 likes this.
  18. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    What was the pole time if I may ask?
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    8:31 I believe @KeedenMcdonald
    StigsTC likes this.
  20. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    So if I race I'll be starting from the back?
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.