GT Sport Season 6 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Wondered what happened that last lap, felt like you let me keep that position. That pass was luck more than anything, tried same pass on @apex2691 but didn't go so well lol
    Noxrai likes this.
  2. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Yeah kinda had a brain fade. Looked at the lap count and could have sworn i had another lap to go. So i didn't attack as hard as i probably should/could have on the "actual final lap". You still defended really well though into that corner. So probably would have been same result if i tried any harder.
  3. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I like the rest of your post but that lol, you didn’t win S13 on GT6 out of luck mate, that rocket season you gave me a run for my money mate and you ended up beating me because you were the better driver that season, and your still capable of that, stop being such a Mercedes and tag the sandbags off you’ll find your speed again lol
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Were there any major pit line cutting in this division that any of you are concerned about?
  5. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    @Noremac fault ;)
    JonoStan96 and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  6. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    A
    Not concerned because it really didn't impact at all, but apex did cut right in front of me into the pits. It looked like he did a last second decision.
  7. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I slightly cut the pitlane Hatfield but only because the car I was following went wide and hit the wall and I was trying to avoid a collision if he bounced off the wall. I didn't make any advantage out of it though because we still came out of pits together.
  8. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I see what you are getting at, but I stand by what I said as at no point did I waltz any of that season. I busted so much ass testing every week, abused every little advantage I could find on track, ran hot in and out laps back to back to back to find any time I might shave off there, I was also in the best form I'd ever been in and still I was forced to drive every lap at the outer edges of my ability every single time we faced off.
    Yeah I was rather good that season, but I was not so good that I could roll up and just walk the race by default.
    And while I don't know if I am actually capable of repeating that kind of run, most certainly I'm not in the same kind of form as that season. S13 me would have just gone flat out the entire race and never looked back or tried to manage the gap, knowing exactly how hard to hit that chicane all day long without losing any time or stuffing it in the fence.
    Either way, I appreciate the vote of confidence. But I'll have you know I nicked the sandbags that were being stored in the Ford GT's at Le Mans in 2016. They're mine now and I'm keeping them.
    Noxrai, Viperzed and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  9. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    What did I cause this time?
    Russell likes this.
  10. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Did anyone else run RS tyres in the second stint? Or was it just me?
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I did
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I checked the replay. No one hits the wall in front of you. Sorry

Edit: please show your replay if it shows what you said
  13. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    It was half and half really. As far as I could tell there was no large advantage either way, but RSS just gave you more safety margin on getting the line wrong in S1, so you ended up losing less time to mistakes more-so than actually being faster over the lap. Have to check the replay to see how late race deg played out for others on RSS vs RS.
  14. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Problem was, I had to drive them hard to close the gap with the slight grip disadvantage in S1 and S3, that’s why my fuel was screwed, and I didn’t know RSS tyres could make the end, with the very few laps I did with them rip
  15. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Dunno about S3 because sweeper was totally line dependant and it didn't matter what tyres you were on there if the line was slightly off, and RS or RSS death chicane too risky to 10/10ths (at least for me).
    And yeah as a function of nursing my RSS your flogged RS didn't give you the tyre advantage late race that you could have had. Even back in GT6 you were notably hard on your tyres when you were going for it so I dunno if RSS would have been a better option for you. Tyre choice didn't really seem like a huge factor, there was no particularly obvious split in tyre choice in the final results. Risky on his 25 lap old RS managed to best Bryan on 23 lap old RSS, and its unlikely tyre management was the decider either as Bryan has been the benchmark for longevity and pace out of the softer tyres this season.
    If it means anything; I ran a nearly identical best lap in testing on RS pre-race, but I did that on the back of running them much harder in the low 36s and high 35s for the stint before hitting a low 35.6 when the fuel came off with 5 or so laps left in the tank.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Tyre wear seems to be less of an issue since round 4. For the first three rounds I had a definite tire advantage at the end of the races, since then I am losing out over the last few laps to guys who are usually harder on tires than me.
    StigsTC likes this.
  17. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I ran RS and didn't feel like I was losing out or gaining any time over the RSS guys :cautious:
    StigsTC likes this.
  18. groover33

PSN ID
    Groover33
    All good I was thinking of another time. My bad
  19. groover33

PSN ID
    Groover33
    But I still cut the corner anyway so you can give me a penalty for that
  20. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Team boss Viperezed tried to make the executive decision to make me divebomb pit on lap one. Or he was trying to divebomb pit himself lol, which I doubt was his intention. Because thats were he was going if he didn't hit me lol. I was saved by Captain_Risky_21. In turn I almost sent him into the pits. Sorry about that. I was a passanger by then.