GT Sport Season 6 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    since when is your return post supposed to contain that much common sense?
  2. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Excellent bmw and his rhetoric are back.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i wonder if his new "rig" will need as much hammering as the last one
    BMWF30328 and Easyprey007 like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it has anti-lesmo shock absorbers
    BMWF30328, REVO_Bryan and incey like this.
  5. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Well, after contact with Shane going into the last turn on lap 1 sent me into the map wall, my night was over. I watched the replay and I make a move to go on the inside of TasTim, and I guess it’s my bad for not thinking someone would be going in so narrow on lap 1 behind me. Disappointing after qualifying in 6th I think it was.

Onto Blue moon!
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The last turn is not a good place for passes, they nearly always end badly, bad luck mate.
  7. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    [​IMG]

Well really wasn’t expecting this, I was going in hopeful of a possible podium lol. Qualifying was tight, with a fluke ending up behind @Hihatjoe for a BHR team draft to pole on my 2nd last flying lap, edging @X-WTF_MAN-X by 0.118 with a 1:15.885.
    Start was solid, @X-WTF_MAN-X staying close for several laps, unfortunately saw him make a mistake at some point early, easing pressure off me and slowly building a good gap to P2 and the rest of the field.
    Staying out of any battles was a big advantage and helped me to the finish. Stayed consistent on hards, pitting on lap 23 because @X-WTF_MAN-X closed the gap back down to 9 seconds from changing early to SS. Came out a second behind on him in P2 with fresh softs, had the trip advantage so just needed a clean pass.
    Sorry to see man again you dropped a wheel into the dirt at turn 6. A big gap to @Ian Cannan taking over P2 I just had to keep it off the dirt for the last 12 laps and made it to my first Rooz win!
    I did nearly bin it at turn 3 last lap though, braking zone before heading up the hill. There was a braking marker in the middle of the road and I ran over it jumping me and nearly off the track, but pulled it up just before the dirt thank god lol. Didn’t even see it till I was just about on it lol.

Well done to the rest of the podium! Thanks for the night guys.
  8. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    My best race with the worst finish, was anywhere between 3rd and 6th the entire race, kept it mostly clean and tidy through every corner of every lap except the last corner of the last lap, slowly catching @X-WTF_MAN-X and with @LITTLEBLACKO942 on the RSS sneaking up fast, we come into the last corner swapping paint and I blow it.... slightly wide, into the dust and i couldn't save it, sliding my way into the right side main straight wall just 100m from the finish line having to reverse the car and limp it across the line only to see me drop to and finish 7th, yeah wasn't happy, wasn't happy at all. But I'll take the positives away and look forward to next round, Congrats to the podium, beside the result it was a great race!
  9. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Matthyus, emmo46 and Hatfield like this.
  10. LennonLegend1993

Congrats @Pubs16
    After my off on lap 1 I was down 45 seconds. To see I finished only 58 seconds behind makes my night more depressing :confused:
    Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    You didn't get lapped, that counts right?
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 3 :
    Blue Moon Infield A II - 2x18 laps - 6:30 Fine - 24/2 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers

TYRES : For the sprint round, we will be using ONLY RACING SOFTS.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. LennonLegend1993

Hatfield likes this.
  15. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if @JonoStan96 can fly up for the QLD karting day, there is no excuse :p
    Pubs16 and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  17. Shane Edgar

Shane Edgar Rookie

I havent seen the replay but now that ive heard ur side of what happened.
    As i had more speed on you going into that turn i thought there was enough space to take the inside line as you held a highline then decided to undertake the car in front of you and not being aware i was on the inside b4 the turn in point
    Thats racing i guess
    Sort of lost interest after being so far back
    And lost concentration towards the end of race
  18. LennonLegend1993

Yeah absolutely mate. I wasn’t blaming you, I was concentrating on not making contact with TasTim going into the last turn, I didn’t realise you were taking a narrower line into the last turn.
    Like you said, that’s racing I guess haha.
  19. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Hence why I'm converting to cockpit view for the next race to see how it fairs. I've also had blind spot issues the last 2 races. The little mirror in cockpit does wonders for your spacial awareness. I really wish they put a mirror in hood cam. Bumper cam is only good if you have no one in front of you.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  20. Shane Edgar

Shane Edgar Rookie

Game needs opponant proximity markers
    Noxrai likes this.