GT Sport Season 6 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Like the f1 games? I think they do it pretty well. I also like how iracing does it with the call outs. *Keep left. Still there!
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  2. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    they do.

Radar in the HUD and red lights near the indicators if somebody is close by.
    Hatfield and Tristan Jones like this.
  3. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    I’m out tonight.
    Things come up.
    Have fun
    NAACS’y
  4. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Well, what a fun night that was! To start with, Shane had difficulty joining the TasTim hosted room for some reason.
    So, I took over the reigns for the first time, and hopefully everything ran smoothly from everyone else’s Perspectives too!

Shane, in a room he was able to join, grabbed pole. Race 1 saw (I’m just going to call him IMSPORT) IMSPORT take the win from p2. I somehow managed to grab 3rd. Defended for my life the last 2 laps to hold off @LITTLEBLACKO942 and @Pubs16.

Race 2 started with carnage at the rear. I got rammed. Then I did the ramming. Etc. congrats to @Pubs16 for the win in the second race!
    And overall I believe (off the top of my head) it’s IMSPORT with the win! Congrats!

I’ll probably throw a video together tomorrow!
  5. LennonLegend1993

Qualifying/Starting Grid
    [​IMG]
    Race 1.
    [​IMG]
    Race 2.
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 FL
    [​IMG]
    Race 2 FL
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  6. LennonLegend1993

Race 1.

Race 2.
    Pubs16, Ian Cannan, Noxrai and 3 others like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI MiSport is @BMWF30328
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 4 :
    Red Bull Ring - 28 laps - 9:45 Fine - 3/3 (Retro Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The ripple strip for this track is the red/white striped strip. The green/white strip is not considered ripple strip. Corners where illegal track extension can commonly occur are Castrol Edge, Remus, Rindt & Red Bull Mobile.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Hard Tyre. After that, one other set, of other compound tyres is allowed. (no limit on the amount of RH tyres). If you run out of fuel/tyres even after making a pitstop, you can pit a second time, however if you have already used a different set of racing tyres other than Hard, then you would need to change back onto the Hards.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

RETRO ROUND : Show up in your team/personal retro round livery! Can't wait to see the old look grid.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  10. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    [​IMG]

Sorry this is late, been meaning to post up but have been caught up. Well Round 3 went a lot different to what I was hoping lol. Everybody seemed to have stepped up from Willow, being a tight track with big drafting, it created even closer racing.

Quali was tight, big props to @Shane Edgar for taking out Pole. I was doing 1:10 flats in practice and did a 10.1 in warmup just before quali started but just could not replicate in the actual session, starting out 3rd couple tenths off Pole.
    [​IMG]
    For race 1 it was a solid start jumping into 2nd, but the race was on from the word go with @BMWF30328 pressuring into lap 2. I got a slight bump going into turn 2 with @BMWF30328 right on me, maybe broke a little early catching him off guard but was trying to be cautious. Unfortunately I messed up the exit and got caught on the kerb and spun in front on him, @Shane Edgar also catching his own slide in front of me. I tank slapped back in front of BMW causing a little bit of havoc behind but luckily didn’t take anyone out, sliding down the grass into T3 and back to 10th place.
    We’ve spoken but wanna apologise to @BMWF30328 for my slight saltiness post race, in the moment it all seems instantaneous but after reviewing the replay post race, really it was all caused on my own. It was the a tough slug to try recover for the rest of the race, some great battles and defensive driving from a lot of guys.
    [​IMG]
    Just could not reach the podium with @LITTLEBLACKO942 and @LennonLegend1993 holding up great persistence to keep their positions while all the same trying to leap over each other. It was good close hard racing, some aggressive manoeuvres at times but was a lot of fun and a big challenge looking back at it... one point we were three wide coming out of T3! So to come out with nobody turned around, great props to you boys and well down to @LennonLegend1993 for holding out that last podium spot. Congratulations to @BMWF30328 for taking out the win and @Shane Edgar in P2.

Race 2 reverse grid was a great start out of P6, survived the first couple laps and got up into P2 and managed to scurry away from the field behind me breaking the draft, which allowed me to slowly reel in @TasTim2 and eventually make a pass out of the final corner, a great consistent drive for you man, before @LITTLEBLACKO942 caught up to us and I managed to pull a bit of a gap as they fought out P2.
    [​IMG]
    Congrats to @BMWF30328 for holding out the overal round win! Stellar comeback from starting last in reverse grid, I managed to crawl into 2nd overall and well done to @Shane Edgar for 3rd! Pretty stoked to come out leading the championship though so it wasn’t as bad a round as I thought, into Red Bull Ring and some more right competition from everybody seeming to step up their game!!
  11. LennonLegend1993

Surely you had a photo of 3 wide out of T3? :cool:
    Good race mate, enjoyed race 1 with you and blacko on my heels!
    Matthyus likes this.
  12. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Haha, unfortunately I was just taking a quick few snaps from the start. I will get one though!
    Same here man, well done not letting it go. I still feel bad for the big bump I gave you though, was a relief I didn’t write you off. Looking forward to RBR!
    Matthyus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  13. LennonLegend1993

Its difficult to take the last turn there, when everyone takes it so differently.
    You gave me a big bump, and @LITTLEBLACKO942 was the beneficiary from it, going through cleanly. I feel like he may have even slowed down because of it, as he saw the bump? If so, thank you for being respectful.:D And then I think I managed to regain the position into turn 1.

I wont be at RBR, so enjoy lads!
  14. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Yeah it’s pretty extreme that banking transition, definitely a lot of different styles. Not sure if blacko slowed down, it on me anyway lol, he defnitely had a gain from it haha. But I did as I hate to gain a place from something like that, just a double blow cause blacko was right on top of me lol.

Ah all good mate have a good weekend then and I won’t see you till Tokyo then as I’m in Cairns for Nurburgring.
  15. LennonLegend1993

Yeah it was all good mate. No stress. At the end of the day, (like most of us I assume) we all come here for a bit of fun and some tight racing. If something happens, we know it isn’t on purpose.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Hey guys, after a wheel breakdown last night, ill be out for a few weeks until i get a new one.

Anyone selling a g29? Lol
  17. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I've got a spare DS4 controller ;)
    Noxrai likes this.
  18. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Those things are op.
  19. LennonLegend1993

Hope you all have a blast at RBR. I am away in Melbourne so hopefully someone can get the replay, and do some highlights :)
  20. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Round 4 Red Bull Ring
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]

Lobby Results
    [​IMG]

Timing
    [​IMG]